Newborn -Death to the King
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn -Death to the King

HEY! Needless to say, I am a total Newb when it comes to this whole digital painting thing...I've been self teaching for a while now and have 0 industry experience...so I hope you'll all excuse me for my obviously amateurish entry...

This is my first venture into art contests and I already know I'm not winning anything...(lol just 1 look at Randis' entry and I cry inside...lol I did however save all of his work into my reference library for inspiration...so s'all good )

Anyway, this is a sort of personal achievement just to have been able to come up with an entry...I didn't find out about the contest till just a week ago...and i wish i had more time to noodle around with it...

I hope you guys would be kind enough to send some crits my way so I can start improving ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newborn - Death to the King

My name is General Aurelius Denari, and I have always served the king. So it has come to pass that a great tragedy has befallen the kingdom. The king’s brother has slain him where he sleeps, taking his throne by force. It shames me to admit that I was powerless in stopping this, but perhaps all is not yet lost. His infant son bears the mark of kings. He is the rightful heir, and so my servitude is to him. Liberating him from the palace will prove to be a difficult task, but I shan’t fail him as I did his father. My name is General Aurelius Denari, and I shall always serve the king.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very interesting concept

i like it

haha i also like your avatar hahahaha

"she bangs! she bangs!"

hahaha

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha...yeah, the avatar is quite catchy, eh

Thanks, mate!

I don't know if it comes across, but he's supposed to be leaving a cave/tunnel after fighting his way through the castle (tunnel being a secret passage) only to be faced with a whole army...so it's sort of a "Holy Crap!" moment...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah i see....the painting to me illustrates that he is protecting the child, which the big-ass army wants for whatever reason. theres no indication of a castle, or even if he is the king. I can tell that hes emergin from a cave though. I think the only reason it doesnt seem like hes in a 'holy shit O_O' moment is because his stance says 'bring it bitches!'

in other words, he looks like hes ready to kick some ass and protect the newborn at all costs

Please visit
    My Sketchbook

and
    my DeviantArt Page

To contact me, email me at: hpsvg@hotmail.com

I hope you enjoy my artwork!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice man, nice and simple story behind the piece.. Maybe it's a bit too warm (in colors) overall, but still, I like it

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @MBM

Lol yeah, it's just me being weird and making up a backstory for the whole thing all that castle stuff is just leading to this piece...

I like your take on it though...It's still fits within the story I concocted for it

Thanks!

@Gringo

Yeah, I struggle a lot with colors...It's one of the main things I'm trying to learn right now...I'm just glad I didn't go crazy on the overlay layers...I only used it once on a minor thing (as opposed to abusing it like a redheaded stepchild hah)

I could say that the colors are warm because of the "heat" of battle....but that'd just be me pulling crap out my ass coz I just sort of went with the flow and didn't think that out at all

I just noticed too that the baby's hand is too small...it's an easy fix but sadly it's too late to do so... (i'll still do it anyway just so it doesn't haunt me at night )

thanks for the feedback! ^_^

Edit: I did some tweaks and a sort of cheap quick fix for the warm colors as well...apparently, the cooling photo filter does wonders in this instance...hehehe

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.