Final entries for my Elfin Healer:

Name:  THLT_TChow_Dark_Healer.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  235.2 KB Name:  THLT_TChow_Light_Healer.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  283.9 KB

Race: Elf
    Class: Healer

Deep in the heart of the forest, lives an elfin man who is said to have an amazing gift with almost God-like power, being able to heal all wounds, cure all sickness and restore life to all living things. Living in solitude amongst the wild has allowed him to lead a quiet life away from civilians who would likely end up selfishly exploiting his powers for their own means.

With the power in his grasp to build a better world, the healer is held back by moral issues which plague him, does he have the right to use his powers to their full potential and play God? Or should he remain hidden and do nothing unless the opportunity presents itself?

When an unforeseen event occurs the time comes for him to make a choice...

Which path will he chose?

Dark
    Giving in to his intoxicating power in the events aftermath, the elfin man quickly becomes a saviour to the people who are instantly in awe at the extent of his healing abilities. Through the use of his gift he gradually begins to exploit all who come to him for help, charging them for home made remedies and the curing of any ailments or injuries they may have. He becomes a figure who is revered and feared amongst the townsfolk. Lost in the depths of megalomania, the healer’s original good intentions for his gift have been warped turning him into a power hungry man who cares little for the feelings and needs of others. He is not well liked and even nature, where he is always been at home, has begun to wither in his presence.

Light
    Choosing to remain on the boundaries of civilisation in the aftermath, keeping his gift hidden from others, the elfin man is contented living besides nature which flourishes around him. As a man of the forest he is happy harvesting and growing herbs to make his own cures and medicines. These healing potions for common ailments he distributes amongst the towns folk when passing through. This allows him to help others without having to reveal the extent of power he has in his grasp. Despite preferring to keep his gift hidden, the healer is prepared, if such an opportunity arises, to step in and help those who seek out the need for his amazing power.

(My description here is quite long. We don't need to post it all in the final post though we can link back if its over a paragraph so just submit the light and dark bits)

Name:  THLT_TChow_Healers.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  357.9 KB

I'll get the WIP shots up soon.

Last edited by blackcherry; August 31st, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Rock on peeps and good luck!!!

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just about done with these:

Team CHOW II: The Happy Little Trees Team CHOW II: The Happy Little Trees

Race: Orc
    Class: Fighter

Light

Its been 9 days since I put on this God forsaken armour, 9 days since I felt it slice into me and take hold, 9 days since the first time I felt it breathe, speak to me and try to bend my mind to its will. The others...if it wasn't for them...im sure it would have consumed me, I owe them my mind, my life, my soul. I can't let this abomination from the depths take me.

Dark

That armour...that beautiful armour. 9 days since it took hold and still its power surges through me, changing me. I no longer see it. I no longer see anything. I feel it all around me. Power, pure, surging and infinite. I am no longer alone. Nothing will stand in our way, the hunger has begun.

Last edited by nimzicki; August 31st, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    Team CHOW 2 ALH, Blackcherry, Nimzicki, CKLamb

ALH is offline one of those tiny little dogs rich people keep in their vaginas
    Thanks
    Female/Human/Mage

Evil-

The incident brought the terrible childhood memories back to her, stuck in those devillish jaws, screaming for the handsome prince who did not come..the trauma of battle mixed with the pain was too much for such an old soul to handle. It cracked, as did she, now hopeless and devoid of humanity, she wanders, causing death and destruction as she passes through...

Good-

The incident pushed her to the absolute edge, but she pulled through, and death was no longer something to fear. She accepted her place in life, and vowed to live out her remaining years to the fullest, spreading her vast wealth of magical knowledge as she travels through new towns and cities, eager to explore the wildernesses she was once afraid of.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Name:  teamchow_thehappylittletrees_rogueDark.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  152.0 KBName:  teamchow_thehappylittletrees_rogueLight.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  155.1 KB

RACE: Halfbreed (Elf/Troll)
    CLASS: Assassin (Dark) & Thief (Light)

Light Description: Freak...monster...your words can't hurt me anymore. I know ignorance runs deep, but I shall endure and overcome...I've seen the goodness that is buried within. If it were not for them, if it were not for love and companionship, I fear what might have been.

Dark Description: Freak...monster...let the meat-sacks have their fun.....night comes all the same. I'm not your dog to kick around anymore, I won't grovel for your affections, for your love...I don't need love. You can't use me anymore...not after what happened. Hmm, look at that one....yesss...he looks just like that bastard healer. Your nose will look wonderful in my collection...

Name:  teamchow_thehappylittletrees_summonerLight.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  175.8 KBName:  teamchow_thehappylittletrees_summonerDark.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  125.4 KB

RACE: Gnome
    CLASS: Summoner

Light Description: Tiny, yes. I am very small. Yet, within me, like this small bird, lies a great power. No, not magic, you silly. Unity. Individually we are weak, however, together, united, we are invincible. As the healer has taught us, it is through unity, compassion, and love that we shall triumph over the darkness of night.

Dark Description: Everyone...I can see it. They look down on me. They pity me...weak and insignificant little me. Ah, but things have changed...I've power now...I am strong...the deamon armor has taught me well, and you will know me by the trail of the dead.

Name:  teamchow_thehappylittletrees_knightDark.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  92.9 KBName:  teamchow_thehappylittletrees_knightLight.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  129.3 KB

RACE: Human
    CLASS: Inquisitor (Dark) and Paladin(Light)

Light Description: Brotherhood and humility, these are my daily bread. If we are not bound by compassion, we are lost to the void that is despair. After many trials and tribulations, our path lead a man to salvation, and perhaps redemption. With the healer's blessing upon me, I shall spread this seed of hope among the fallen and abused.

Dark Description: Compassion?!? You speak of compassion! Pah, you've not seen the darkness in man. I have witnessed the insidious heart that beats within you all. I shall not stop until I have that bastard orc's head upon my mantle. The truth my dear friends is out there, and I shall seek it out and pluck it from their skulls.

Name:  Thief_WIPBOARD.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  154.9 KB

Last edited by {CKL}; September 1st, 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks
    So thats it then people, we had our ups and downs but I don't think anyone can say that they haven't learned something from this. Even if its just that CKLamb is a gun toting Mexican cowboy. I signed up to this thing with the pure intention of using it as a learning experience and what I have gained from this is invaluable.

I just wanted to say another thanks to all The Happy Little Tree's, especially CKLamb who has helped me out with paintover after paintover showing me the error of my dumbass ways and for schooling me everytime he posted his portraits. I can't thank him enough for his patience in that respect These were the first full character designs i've ever created and im glad to say I don't hate them :p

Looking back at a couple of my pieces from a month or so back I can definitely see an improvement from all this and ill continue working on the weekly CHOW challenges in the hope of improving more.

All thats left now is to see where the voting goes, and my bet is that it gets split between those Howling Loveboys and Studio Moinoi and my god they tore it up. But everyone loves an underdog right? :p

It's been fun guys, stay frosty.

My Sketchbook
    Team CHOW 2 ALH, Blackcherry, Nimzicki, CKLamb

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nimzicki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice work everyone! It's been good fun working with you all! Thanks CK for making the Final post

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blackcherry For This Useful Post:

ALH is offline one of those tiny little dogs rich people keep in their vaginas
    Thanks
    GJ to everyone on this, i know ill be bitching about my own images for a while yet, but i think on a whole our characters gel together well in an interesting way. Its been fun to unravel the mystery of the demon armour, and i recommend any curious visitors to this page go back to the start of the thread and read the little story we have woven . Im proud of what we have created!

My WIP board -

Attached Images Attached Images  

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ALH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nimzicki- Doris, like I said before...keep your panties on. For someone just starting, you've got the most important trait for succeeding, perseverance. I'm glad if I was able to help you in any way that I could.

ALH- Sarah, I'm glad you opted not to rape us with your imaginary penis, though I think Rich would be in more danger than I, as I live an ocean away ;P. I think you should be really proud of your witch! Some time apart from it will make you see it through better eyes. It really has this nice radiant glow.

Cherry- By God you're probably the sweetest person on the team, you consistently are up beat and on time with all your stuff, even with the week off! Thank you so much for everything you've done to make this a successful project!

TEAM: Well, in the end, I think the only asses we may have kicked are our own, but those are the one's that count! I consider myself very lucky to have been able to work with you all in this endeavor. I wish you all the best, and look me up anytime!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Members who have read this thread: 2