Thanks
    Team CHOW II: team White rabbit
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Great work Ionic! Love the orc summoner, i like the direction you are taking for that character.
    Very nice work also on the new pose for the Priest.I like the benevolent gesture.

Ok, the evil version of the half-elf. Mainly a very angry thief who turn against humans and elves.(we have to think about the alliance of the characters)

Attachment 744274

I think we need to finish the concept stage this week in order to make the finished eight portraits in the next weeks.What do you think?
    Also, what kind of illustration we want to make? Painting or line art? What level of detail? i guess the best idea should be thinking in something posible to make in a short time and if then we have more time we could work a bit more,no?
    I don't know, i guess we could talk about this after we have the complete roster of characters in the concepts.

Cheers

Thanks
    I really dig how your halfy has taken on costume traits of both human and elf alike... well played. glad you liked the orc.

the concept on the orc is that hes extremely frail and weak... he could never take direct damage... but he doesn't need to because he can summon armies with the sacrifice of blood or self.

I'm still super rusty and don't really like the "refined" elf... just rubs me the wrong way... but I agree we should move on and get all the concepts done and start thinking about the finals. I think we should do one illo per concept pair. like a dynamic image that includes both the good and evil versions of the chars.
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Ionic: I really like the orc concept. I like the idea of a weak character who is a summoner.Great work.

Well you could work more on the elves sketches. My main concern is about the design and concept stage and the time that's left for the finished works.As i see it the elves concepts are done, you could however work on the entire drawing if you want(change pose,expression,etc). But the characters designs are pretty much ready i think.In any case if you are not content with your results you can re work what you don't like.

I have to read the rules, but i think we need to submit every single portrait. Perhaps we could also add every concept with the two versions as you suggested. i like the idea of the pair concepts on the same sheet(it clearly shows the differences).
    I will check this on the topic thread and then i will post in here.

Dark Eyes is part of the team now so he will do at the moment two portraits
    making a total of ten portraits that needs to be done for deadlines.

Cheers

Thanks
    Hey guys! Thanks for having me.. I'm proud to be part of the team! Let's fall into some rabbit holes...

I like your idea for a younger goblin, Dimagyan. It goes against the stereotype of a nasty, decrepit creature. In this sketch she is a bit older but the idea has set me on a course... I will probably modify the design to make her more nubile.

A paladin is a kind of divine knight, so I was thinking that in our universe, maybe an ancient ancestor of the goblins, somehow usurped god-like powers from the elves. They are graceful, honorable creatures, with elemental powers (controlling nature, animals, etc...) I'm thinking of making them armored like a knight, with purplish-gray skin and white eyes.

I'll post a full armored version tomorrow, let me know what you guys think...
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

Thanks
    Dark_Eyes: Good start! that's very nice. I like the idea of a young female goblin. Im not to sure about a paladin class.I like the idea of somehow "divine" character...related with nature something ehtereal and spiritual.but perhaps a more practical kind of outfit it fits better the universe we are building.As have you see it, the magic presence in the concepts we have made so far is not spectalcular, idon't know, i guess we have to see it to check if it fits.
    Remember that the final characters must be in portarait format, that is full frontal figure.(check the link in my first post to read the rules).looking forward for your sketches and ideas.

Thanks
    Dimaygan: I agree that the paladin idea may not fit... the rules specified that they were looking for us to break stereotypes, so I wanted to pick something a bit uncommon for a goblin. In fact, I was already sketching out this heavily armored version and i realized that it was a bit over the top. (cant help it some times.. )

soooo... I ditched that one and tried to tone it down, maybe fit it into the other designs. I'm thinking of an alchemist class. Unlike, say the orc summoner, maybe their magic is found in the mechanistic elements of nature (potions, chemical compounds, explosives etc...). Perhaps this is a bit more "down to earth" design wise..

I just found out I'm house sitting for a friend next week, so i should have plenty of time to knock out some illustrations in a big, beautiful house ... all to myself!!!

Ionic: Nice stuff... I have a feeling your finals are going to blow me away! I second your idea to illustrate each character's good and bad sides together... Keep it up!
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

Thanks
    I love the design for the suit.

Thanks
    Been super busy but have been drawing just haven't had time to upload... off to work.
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Team CHOW II: team White rabbit
    about 10% done should finish today? gonna start the evil elven tomorrow I think.
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Dark_Eyes:very good. The alchemist idea is very nice.Regarding the look of the character it doesn't have to be related with the elven and the humans,we need to make all the characters as if they live in the same world, but they don't have to share all the clothes,accesories and style. What we should think is about utility of the design.For instance: the good elf is a priest, so is quite different from the human fighter.Both characters have different roles so they need different designs.
    I like the suit, i don't know if the armour is needed for an alchemist.I think that character could have a less "warrior" look in favor of a more "intelectual","professor" look. Breaking the stereotype of goblins but in another direction.Some ideas.again, nice work.

Ionic:Great work with the good elf.I really like the colour pallete.

What do you want to do with the background? thats a good element to unify all of our concepts i think.
    Using a similar pattern and/or colour guides(for instance intense colours for evil and pastel colours for good backgrounds,etc)
    I think that making our backgrounds according to general design idea it would help to relate the characters.
    What do you think, Ionic and Dark Eyes?

I would start to polish the human.

cheers

Thanks
    Working on the concepts.
    Not too sure about colours...

Attachment 748911

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast