Team CHOW II: team White rabbit - Page 2

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ionic: I really like the orc concept. I like the idea of a weak character who is a summoner.Great work.

Well you could work more on the elves sketches. My main concern is about the design and concept stage and the time that's left for the finished works.As i see it the elves concepts are done, you could however work on the entire drawing if you want(change pose,expression,etc). But the characters designs are pretty much ready i think.In any case if you are not content with your results you can re work what you don't like.

I have to read the rules, but i think we need to submit every single portrait. Perhaps we could also add every concept with the two versions as you suggested. i like the idea of the pair concepts on the same sheet(it clearly shows the differences).
    I will check this on the topic thread and then i will post in here.

Dark Eyes is part of the team now so he will do at the moment two portraits
    making a total of ten portraits that needs to be done for deadlines.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys! Thanks for having me.. I'm proud to be part of the team! Let's fall into some rabbit holes...

I like your idea for a younger goblin, Dimagyan. It goes against the stereotype of a nasty, decrepit creature. In this sketch she is a bit older but the idea has set me on a course... I will probably modify the design to make her more nubile.

A paladin is a kind of divine knight, so I was thinking that in our universe, maybe an ancient ancestor of the goblins, somehow usurped god-like powers from the elves. They are graceful, honorable creatures, with elemental powers (controlling nature, animals, etc...) I'm thinking of making them armored like a knight, with purplish-gray skin and white eyes.

I'll post a full armored version tomorrow, let me know what you guys think...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dark_Eyes: Good start! that's very nice. I like the idea of a young female goblin. Im not to sure about a paladin class.I like the idea of somehow "divine" character...related with nature something ehtereal and spiritual.but perhaps a more practical kind of outfit it fits better the universe we are building.As have you see it, the magic presence in the concepts we have made so far is not spectalcular, idon't know, i guess we have to see it to check if it fits.
    Remember that the final characters must be in portarait format, that is full frontal figure.(check the link in my first post to read the rules).looking forward for your sketches and ideas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dimaygan: I agree that the paladin idea may not fit... the rules specified that they were looking for us to break stereotypes, so I wanted to pick something a bit uncommon for a goblin. In fact, I was already sketching out this heavily armored version and i realized that it was a bit over the top. (cant help it some times.. )

soooo... I ditched that one and tried to tone it down, maybe fit it into the other designs. I'm thinking of an alchemist class. Unlike, say the orc summoner, maybe their magic is found in the mechanistic elements of nature (potions, chemical compounds, explosives etc...). Perhaps this is a bit more "down to earth" design wise..

I just found out I'm house sitting for a friend next week, so i should have plenty of time to knock out some illustrations in a big, beautiful house ... all to myself!!!

Ionic: Nice stuff... I have a feeling your finals are going to blow me away! I second your idea to illustrate each character's good and bad sides together... Keep it up!

MY DAILY SKETCHES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the design for the suit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been super busy but have been drawing just haven't had time to upload... off to work.

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Team CHOW II: team White rabbit
    about 10% done should finish today? gonna start the evil elven tomorrow I think.

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dark_Eyes:very good. The alchemist idea is very nice.Regarding the look of the character it doesn't have to be related with the elven and the humans,we need to make all the characters as if they live in the same world, but they don't have to share all the clothes,accesories and style. What we should think is about utility of the design.For instance: the good elf is a priest, so is quite different from the human fighter.Both characters have different roles so they need different designs.
    I like the suit, i don't know if the armour is needed for an alchemist.I think that character could have a less "warrior" look in favor of a more "intelectual","professor" look. Breaking the stereotype of goblins but in another direction.Some ideas.again, nice work.

Ionic:Great work with the good elf.I really like the colour pallete.

What do you want to do with the background? thats a good element to unify all of our concepts i think.
    Using a similar pattern and/or colour guides(for instance intense colours for evil and pastel colours for good backgrounds,etc)
    I think that making our backgrounds according to general design idea it would help to relate the characters.
    What do you think, Ionic and Dark Eyes?

I would start to polish the human.

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Working on the concepts.
    Not too sure about colours...

Name:  chars paint.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  310.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DIMAGYAN: Visually amazing renderings! but. the evils aren't very evil brother... dirt, grime, scars, overwhelming dread... I totally get the contrast between the characters... but I'm not seeing good and evil... I'm seeing 2 different factions or sides.

When I think of evil... its glowing red eyes, scars, spikes, angular or gothic designs, malice in the facial expressions. even the vibrant backgrounds are dropping the evil factor... try desaturating the colors and just use accents more.

love the work as always keep it up guys... gonna work on the elvens now and hopefully get good done, and evil started.

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ionic:Thanks for the comments and suggestions mate.

I know what you mean about the evil versions.Perhaps i'm thinking too much in the context.
    My main interest is to make the human character not evil but "bad" to the "player" point of view.In other words as you said different factions or sides.

The kind of changes that can happen if the player choose to play as the antagonist side of the hypotethical game. As an example: let's say the player start with the good human but in the game began to make choices and actions that led him/her to play for the other side...in this case the player began as a fighter (a peasant armed) and can choose to work for the "royal" army on the other faction. Something along this lines.
    Perhaps i need to put a more malice in his expression and changing more the general feel of the head.

Mainly i don't want to make an evil human character with body changes trhough magic,etc.
    But for the rest of the characters that's good because we have a priest and a summoner(one could change because of the religion and the other for the source of the magic) For the half elf i want to make something inbetween.I would change the colour of one of her eyes and perhaps the hair(to shown her elf part).Regarding the alchemist i think it could show the change made by "science" at least what represent science in our universe, so perhaps she can change part of her body through alchemy.

So then we have: Ideological,politic,monetary,etc change(human). Religion, cult, adoration,etc change(elf). Anger,culture, religion, ideology,money,etc change(hal-elf).
    Source magic,cult,ritual change(orc) and Scientific, power thirst change(goblin)

It's a bit stereotypical i guess but i like the range of posibilities for swaping sides with all the character roster.

I should writed this before, sorry

What do you think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Team CHOW II: team White rabbitTeam CHOW II: team White rabbit

I do now

Last edited by Ionic; August 11th, 2009 at 10:09 PM.
    ----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ionic: the elf painting is great. I like te dragonfly detail on the belt and the cane.The colours works very well.great work.

I made some changes on the face of the human bad version.

Name:  good bad fighter.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  223.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    might redo it somethings just not settling with me

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good Ionic.I liked.
    If you feel you need to redo it,go for it.Still i think is good.

I have been a bit busy, i will work on my portraits on the next days.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I've really been enjoying your slick designs and clean concepts! Everything is super readable and readily available for the viewer. One thing that is kind of odd is that I'm getting a strong Star Wars vibe, this may be intentional or just a by product of using modern influences. Not to say that's bad, just an observation. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, sorry for not posting... I'm house sitting for a friend, and the internet pass key she gave me isn't working, so I have to commute home to get on the internet .

Dimagyan: I like your ideas for making the goblin power thirsty, I may have to toy with the designs a bit, maybe incorporate some kind of shape-shifting type element, show more of a connection to nature.. I like the expression on the humans. I think you could probably push the dirt and grime a bit more in the dark version, (something i should probably do in my design , otherwise they are looking great!

Ionic: Love them so far!, the composition of the posing is working nicely, very still and serene in the good version, jutting and irreverent in the bad... the expressions in the faces are nice too. I'm not sure about what the bad elf is holding though, kinda' looks like an apple, but you probably have yet to clarify that.. Nice work!

Here's my dark goblin version so far, I want to make it a bit dirtier i think, maybe add some more elements to the costume.. I'm following the more scholarly look to the characters and will probably push that idea more. Feel free to shout out if this sucks.. I will throw some color on these later tonight and tomorrow..

MY DAILY SKETCHES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work guys i like your style!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ionic, glad to see you on a team, man! going to have to start watching this one.

-: [ sketchbook | sour.org ] :-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are some strong designs so far guys
    if i may make a crit
    the costumes while cool have a weird star trek next gen feel to them
    im not sure if its the colors or maybe the smoothness
    but i would love to see more texture in there
    perhaps embroidery jewelry weapons or armor
    thats just my 2 bits
    keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both goods are done

Elven Priest

Orc Summoner

trevor: I have a crit for you sir! your a slutty slutty man !

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CKLamb:Thanks for the nice words! Star wars? I don't know, to be honest it wasn't intentional.After reading your comments i revised the characters over and over again! he. The colours are quite iconic and the human bad version it has a pretty cliche "evil" colour pallette so that could be part of the similitude? Thanks again!

0zz0:Thanks!

trevor:Thanks for your comments and crits, much aprecciatted.Star Trek next generation? i guess the colours could give that vibe.The clean almost "new" look too.Texture is something my concepts lack.Thanks again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark_Eyes:Great work! i like the feel of the character.The alchemist idea can be really interesting visually, for the evil version i think.Perhaps something attached to her body, something that scream "bad use of science" I don't know exactly what, feel free to experiment (i will research on this later).I like also the details attached to the belt.Looking forward to the other portrait.

Ionic:Great work! i love the orc.it gives a totally different feel for the characters options to the "player".Well done. Great work also on finished both illustrations.

I think we need to match the backgrounds to make all the characters as the same universe.Right now we have three types of background:full page, part of the page with more strokes, and one blank.

You did the backgrounds in a different layer? so maybe we could just "paste" all the characters to the same pattern with different colours? don't know.Just some ideas.

Feel free Ionic and Dark Eyes to suggest other aproaches for this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't did too much, and the next couple of days i will a bit busy.
    Still we have time, but i want to finish my portraits as soon as posible to then start to work on the presentation(We need to make a sort of document with the team activities, duties, etc plus the information for the characters...)

So, here is a small progress on the half-elf. Trying to put the elves elements on her, red eye gor the dark, and green eye for the good version.

Name:  halfelf comp.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  83.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just another concept of the evil elf... just a sketch... not sure why I colored it so far.

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm team... ? where are ya?

----Art Networks----
    CA.org Sketchbook
    CGHub.com
    ----Social Network----
    Facebook.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry Ionic, i have been a bit busy the past days.
    I should be more active this week.

The last concept is very good, remember that we need the same character but with two versions.I like the outfit of the dark elf but with the mask is difficult to see it as the same character as the good elf, i think.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have only this week to finish the work.It would be a good idea to have everything done at 30 so we can make the presentation for the 31.

cheers and thanks for the reminder

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some progress.Still a lot to do.
    Sketching a "similar" background to much ionic's background

Name:  private soldier good paintprogress copia.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  140.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, crap i'm sorry, been out of town, was away from internet, then I come home and get caught up in these conceptart.org lectures... geez' I still feel like such a noob'... but I've learned more in the past week than i did in 4 yrs of art school.. Rest assured, I have the entire week devoted to finishing these and everything done has been for the greater good! DAMN you guys are awesome, I really do feel honored to watch you guys work..

Dimagyan: I like the progress. I kind of like Trevor's idea for more textures, I think some patterns on the clothing or the shoulder pad to make it a bit more interesting? some fringe or something to break up the shapes a bit?... just some ideas...

Ionic: I'm here brotha' man!.. and I think you win award for most productive! I'll fight to the bitter end! I love your stuff so far... the second dark elf sits with me a little better than the first, I love his pose and that cool red rim light gives it a nice accent. The mask doesn't really bother me, but it may be cool to see the full expression, dunno'...
    I think some textures on the costumes might be nice to play around with, I'd like to see more indications of what the actual fabric is made of.. I'm experimenting with that as well...keep it up YOU ROCK!

I went through iteration hell on this one, and there are more details left still... I wanted to go for that sickly horror film pallette, and since i'm just now learning some tricks about color temperature, I figured i'd try a cool light source with warmer shadows... don't know how successful it is (by the way I intended to make her flesh's local color purplish, it kinda' looks a bit dead..). Dimagyan, I liked your idea about alchemical equipment. I gave her a magical flask that she can mix magical elixir with potions to get projectiles.. still will play around with this one... Oh and i don't know about you guys, but I'm saving my character with a mask so we can swap out different backgrounds at the last second.. Nice work guys!

MY DAILY SKETCHES

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dark_Eyes:Thanks for the suggestions, i will put some texture at the end of the work.i like the progress of the goblin.Good work.The design is coming very nice, keep going. That's the evil version, right?.Looking forward for the rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some progress on the good human and the bad half-elf

Name:  private soldier good paint progress.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  110.7 KB

Name:  half elf bad paint progress.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  121.7 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.