Thread: help on finding an ebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

help on finding an ebook

im looking for this book: The Human Machine by george bridgman

i have found several online ebook copies like:

http://www.archive.org/details/human...ethea009564mbp

which makes me think its legal to find it online but, most of the pictures on the book are blurry and i havent had any luck so far on finding one with clear pictures

and before you tell me to buy it from amazon/bookstore, i have already tried to look for it in the place im from and none has it, a bookstore offers to import it from the 'states for 60 dollars, which i think its just way too much, so that's why i'd really appreciate if someone has a copy with non blurry pictures, thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    To be quite honest with you. I own the book. It's probably the worst reproductions in all of his books. You're better off looking for Constructive Anatomy and Bridgman's Life Drawing.

There is the Complete Drawing from life but it's a condensed version of several of his books. I just find his green and orange book to be helpful.

They generally run about 7-10 US dollars.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arshes Nei doesn't understand Bridgman. It's one of his most interesting books, and the one that really goes into detail about his system, doing just what the title says: looking at the human body as a machine, with levers, wheels and axels, pulleys... I'm pretty sure the book is in public domain, so downloads should be legal. I actually downloaded that blurry copy myself, yeah it sucks, that's why I went and bought the actual book. Lame that you can't find it in Mexico, $60 is way too much. You sure they don't have it at the library?

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bi...rge%20Bridgman

Shipping is $10.00 outside the US on items $15 and below. So, that's less than twenty dollars for the book and shipping. Unless your country charges some kind of import rate.

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by armando View Post
    Arshes Nei doesn't understand Bridgman. It's one of his most interesting books, and the one that really goes into detail about his system, doing just what the title says: looking at the human body as a machine, with levers, wheels and axels, pulleys... I'm pretty sure the book is in public domain, so downloads should be legal. I actually downloaded that blurry copy myself, yeah it sucks, that's why I went and bought the actual book. Lame that you can't find it in Mexico, $60 is way too much. You sure they don't have it at the library?
    Uhh no. I said the reproductions in the book are bad. I didn't say the book's information is bad. Life Drawing and his other books have better quality and clarity. That is in reference to the drawings themselves. To clarify, reproduction = the copy of the drawing. Depending on the edition you can have some fuzzy or light copies because someone copied a copy instead of the plate. Sorry for the confusion but I don't need a dismissive argument on how I "don't understand Bridgman" but from all the editions of the books I have, The Human Machine received the worst treatments of his body of works in terms of print quality.

Last edited by Arshes Nei; July 31st, 2009 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bi...rge%20Bridgman

Shipping is $10.00 outside the US on items $15 and below. So, that's less than twenty dollars for the book and shipping. Unless your country charges some kind of import rate.
    apparently its done through "Mail" shipping and, i have had bad experiences with US to Mexico shipping, mexican mail side

im asking help on this because its pretty much almost the last option i have, i hav relatives comming from the states to mexico, i could ask them to bring it here but, theyll come untill december, so yeah, its quiet a lot of time to wait :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arshes Nei: You essentially told him that it's forgetable, "better off" going with the other books. The books in themselves are good, but together they are better. People need to see the complete system, no part can stand without the other, that's structure, probably the most important principle in art. How about less talk more draw, start posting art.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by armando View Post
    Arshes Nei: You essentially told him that it's forgetable, "better off" going with the other books. The books in themselves are good, but together they are better. People need to see the complete system, no part can stand without the other, that's structure, probably the most important principle in art. How about less talk more draw, start posting art.
    A book he already has and wants a free version, instead of going out and doing the other options available..for one reason or another isn't "Viable" he has relatives that can get him the book later. It's not like he can't work on the other books or what he has now until that time.

The one on archive.org is an edition that is legally downloadable, the scans from our editions are not because those are under copyright still.

Quit trying to pick fights that's actually more productive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    A book he already has and wants a free version, instead of going out and doing the other options available..for one reason or another isn't "Viable" he has relatives that can get him the book later. It's not like he can't work on the other books or what he has now until that time.

The one on archive.org is an edition that is legally downloadable, the scans from our editions are not because those are under copyright still.

Quit trying to pick fights that's actually more productive.
    if your point was really an option, do you think i would be asking for help? i have worked on another books already and stuff, but if none can really help me, thanks anyway, ill see what i can do for myself

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You not liking the mail system, or not wanting to wait for relatives to get you the book means you opted out of those options. Sorry.

I've had longer waits for other items too. There are plenty of other materials out there that keep me occupied in the meantime.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.