Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Team CHOW II: Team Sleepless Kats

Thanks
    Here's my preliminary WIP character sheet for Lir, the Rogue to Healer character.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just as a heads-up, I'm going to be on vacation from 11-18 August (next Tuesday through the following one), so I probably won't be drawing much on the computer during that time.

Thanks
    greenbd: That's all right. If you can drop by every now and then to add to the conversation, try to. And you don't have to limit drawing to the computer. You have a very good start, but he doesn't have much to distinguish him. Hard to put my finger on it, but the best I can say is there's not much to show he's a healer. What would a healer carry?

Maybe try some silhouettes (which I'm going to do over the next couple days with my half-orc). It helps to make a character more distinct and easy to recognize from a crowd.

all: Do we want to start considering the style we want to lean towards? Or anything to visually connect them, like the emblem that was mentioned before? This end results have to look like they were designed with a team, and those help.
    "It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey guys!Unfortunately I've got very sick - so I can't spent much time at computer - I'm starting to feel very bad. So I've been sketching some time at my sketchbook - not some exact characters,but just to get the feeling of what I want So here are some poor scans. First I've thought of healer, then of a blind elf girl foreteller,then warrior type.
    And I've made a sketch for emblem - just need to work on it some more digitally - I'll try to post it tomorrow.
    greenbd - Nice concept and good thinking I like your low saturated palette. And great work on his face. Clothes could use some improvements though - like he's got some shoulders armor thing - so maybe you'd think of defence at some other places too?

Team CHOW II: Team Sleepless Kats

Thanks
    Sorry. I've been a bit slow getting started. I did sit down today and start doodling a little bit. I tend to like with silhouettes and simple things. Probably doing things in pieces and picking things that look right or almost right, and mix the pieces into the general character, followed by fine tuning the details.

Right now, trying out ideas for my half-orc's head/hair.
    Attachment 749475

Will try to catch up and get more conversation going. Laters.
    "It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who

Thanks
    Hey!Interesting ideas!
    I've sketched an elfess,blind foreteller - Nediel

Thanks
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I was caught up in a last minute project. I plan to have daily updates starting tomorrow. Once I get rolling, I do okay.

Curly: Nice elf. One thing to think about as you develop her, that I think, just my opinion, is how to convey that she is blind and how she is a seer. What would be a good way of getting across this supernatural aspect of the character without being over the top?

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I'll be out for the next couple days on a family trip. I'll keep my sketchbook with me and fill it with drawings. Hopefully, we can get this rolling again.

Thanks
    Here's my WIP of the character as a bad guy. There's still quite a bit of work left to do on the boots and left hand, especially, and I plan to do more detailing--Celtic-style dragon designs on the chestpiece, and a few other gear items attached to his belts. Comments appreciated.

Thanks
    I hate to say this, especially so late, but things in life have taken up my attention, and I've been unable to focus on the team CHOW. I'll have to drop out. That said, you two can continue on without me. Teams of two only need to come up with at least two characters with a total of four portraits. You're coming up with good stuff. So long as you have both aspects, you should be good.

Sorry about dropping out. Good luck.

Thanks
    Sorry to have you drop out! I've been pretty busy too, but the first image is coming along and I think I'll be able to finish the second by the deadline. Curly, are you still in? I like your first preview.

Thanks
    Well, here's as far as I got. Unfortunately, didn't get to do the good-guy version after all. Still a fun project, though. How far did you get, Curly?

Thanks
    Uff!I wrote a big comment - but it's gone lost!Hate it!. I was at the army - caught by unexpected call - couldn't make it =/ my country needs me. Nice character greenbd. I like your details and use of color

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3