Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Team Chow II: Team Supreme

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Liffey View Post
    I don't think that there's a rule against doing an extra character, but I'll ask.

EDIT: The rules say "at least", so we could do one more. It's cool if everyone does their own, but I want to make sure that no on gets too attached, since in the end we should all contribute to each character a little. One person may come up with the idea, but it may be someone else's pose or accessories that end up in the final version.

Also I think it'd be cool to come up with stories about why there are good and evil versions of the characters.
    agreed, also what I had in mind, in the end it's a touch of the entire team in each character.. and I just made up a story for you to work more with regarding your furry feline-bear-man-thing

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like it, also good points about the female character. Looking foward to seeing your druid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

boring pose boring pose boring pose
    but i was thinking about liffey's rogue/thief/pirate design and defiledvisions suggestion that her clothes should be more slender.
    uhm dressing her in mens clothes?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gabyness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry about the pose yet gabyness, as long as it gets the idea across. For now try going for something more interesting... looks pretty bland at the moment.

DefiledVisions, were you thinking of the druid as someone who was looking after and caring for the big guy, or more as someone who was using him? That could change what accessories I give him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys cool stuff going on in here. i'm actually not sure what I was thinking getting involved cause I'm heading off to college in a couple weeks and I am mad busy eek. however I'd hate to bow out on you. would you guys mind if I'm not too active in the conceptualizing process. maybe you could all rough out the characters and then I could finalize one or do a dark/light version or something. or even if you guys had a sketch you wanted me to work from and make a final picture out of...

sorry guys, I didn't realize how busy I would be.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We can work something out. I don't think we'll have any shortage of concepts if you'd rather just work on a final.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Liffey View Post
    Don't worry about the pose yet gabyness, as long as it gets the idea across. For now try going for something more interesting... looks pretty bland at the moment.

DefiledVisions, were you thinking of the druid as someone who was looking after and caring for the big guy, or more as someone who was using him? That could change what accessories I give him.
    That could differ, his light version could be the caring one, while the dark version could be the one using him. I'm sorry the sketching is a bit delayed. Bear with me

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool Liffey. I would even be open to a collaboration where we hand a picture back and forth at stages. sorry again, I'm just swamped preparing to move my whole life to another city. like I said I don't know what I was thinking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DefiledVisions View Post
    That could differ, his light version could be the caring one, while the dark version could be the one using him. I'm sorry the sketching is a bit delayed. Bear with me
    No worries. Anyways I was thinking that maybe the druid is wanted by a noble who owns the forest, and the druid is using the big guy to protect himself. Or maybe in an alternate story, the noble is a hunter trying to track down this legendary creature (maybe the last of a missing race?), and the druid is trying to protect him. I'm trying to think of how DeeLock's thief might fit in... maybe she's on the hunter's crew but is providing the druid with the crew's goods behind the hunter's back? Or maybe she pretends to befriend the druid in an attempt to lure him in?

Gotta say that I like the possibility of this story working on a small scale. They tend to be way more interesting than stories based on battling nations or "It's the end of world in this video game, holy shit!"

Also, papervampire: I can see from your sketchbook that you know how to make a good pose, I'm sure that's something you could do from our concepts that wouldn't take a whole ton of time. If you wanted to do the linework for some of the final pieces, I'm sure the rest of us could take care of the full rendering (which you're welcome to help with too of course, if you have time). Let me know what sounds good.

Last edited by Ian Barker; August 4th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Papervampire nothing to worry about at all! I can't imagine what it's like though.. is it like all the cheap college-movies we get shipped over to sweden? with all the sexy girls and the huge parties as in american pie? college seems so fun! haha
    It will be a whole new experience for you, so many new things you can't really prepare for, else than geting into the mood. So really take all the time you need. And man your sketches are nice!! checked your sketchbook. Arrh, would be really nice if you could get some more time with uss.

Liffey sounds like some really interesting stories. So far we have 4 characters that are in a team of some sort. What they're doing we don't know yet. Rules say nothing of having the work together as a team.. just that each character needs background info.
    Though it is a lot easier to write that info if they're grouped together. Question is, what are they doing, where are they heading?

Druid and the Protector guy allready have some sort of background info, the rogue has yet to come into the picture, same goes for the cleric.

I had some thoughts earlier about the druids relationship with the protector. Being the last of a race, or just a small race looked down upon, seen as 'outcasts' or something would give him a reason for not liking, or being unsure in human company. I designed the druid as a half-elf, but want to give Orc a shot, since they generally are stupid in fantasy, I want to break the stereotype and have a gentle intelligent more human orc.
    Anyway, the druid is also an outcast, being a half-race or an outsider race. I thought that the story could be something like him one day bumping into your guy, both being alone and outcasts for being different, they quickly become close friends.

The story has great potential since each character can have a really interesting background. Each character could have a background told and then how they ended up where they are today.

For example:"Born the son of a darkened elf, x was regarded as a shadow in the family, a shadow of shame looked down upon. After his mothers death, the only warmth he ever felt was lost and the royal blood of human ceased to mean. As his family proclaimed him a burden upon their tree of nobility and his filthy blood a curse he ran away from what onnce was dear to him, into darkness. Following the only trail his father left behind for him, x set out on a path of hatred. His heart fueled by years of hatred he came to despise his family and humanity".. blablabla.. finds out more of his father and his elven heritage, special blood, nature speaks with him.. learns the way of nature, ridding his heart of hatred, seting out on a journey finding out more of his past. finding the lonely guy, first friend, teaming up and heading somewhere. Just a thought .. or just building more around your story, acutally that would be really cool!
    How about this: Wanted by a noble, a noble in his own family. Why? for stealing something of great power, given to his mother from his elven father. The family used it for their own purpose after her death.. and years later he found out what it was etc. and stole it back.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DefiledVisions; August 4th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting ideas, and nice sketch... I was actually considering something similar about that orc.

Oh, and college is nothing like the movies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    loove the sketch for your druid! [:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gabyness thanks! I like it too.. but lets not get to comfy yet still have some other approeaches in mind. Hows it going with your ideas?

Liffey
    ... college ... not... even... resembling the movies? me sad. Haha, on topic, do you think the whole outsider relationship could work? a half-orcelf.. or is it orc half-elf? could be really cool. Will post some more soon.

this is so much fun.. And we need 8 portraits right? so have to decide on 4 characters, so far the druid-bigguy relationship works pretty good. Though there's so many other possible characters and teams to create. Go crazy! Half lion insect-human man-things in armor weilding devastating 2handers could also work

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe we could go for a more civilized orc, and could play that into the hunter I mentioned earlier? Like this orc and his hunting companions have a good reputation with the men who want the druid caught, so they hire this band of upstanding orcs (or half-orcs if that happens to be the case) to search for the druid... or maybe they're searching for the big guy. Still need a way to incorperate DeeLock's thief... maybe the men don't entirely trust the orcs, so they send this thief to spy on them? I don't know, maybe DeeLock can come up with a better idea for that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds like a great plot Liffey. Definitely got something going here. Just wanted to tell you guys I got the flu with fever and shit. Can't really do much at the moment. Hopefully my strength's back in a couple of days.

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I'm starting on a more fully rendered pic of this big guy (should really come up with a name..), I'll post my process as I go.

First I just play around with value composition, with only vague ideas of where body parts might go. Mainly aiming for a mood (since I knew I wanted to make this the evil version). Then I start to outline to make sense out of the value mess. Critique so far? Not sure what I'm going to do with the legs yet, and I should probably add some accessories. His hands are going to be dragging some of his prey :o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Expanded the canvas and included some basic anatomy lines to see where everything goes. I'm not going to render the men very far (they're going to be shrouded in darkness anyways), so I didn't worry too much about them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm gonna take a break for a bit, but here's my rendering so far. Gonna keep it to value only until we decide on a color palette. Still need to add some accessories though...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for not being active more you guys.

My computer broke and now I have no way to do any digis, i'll try and get some sketches scanned soon but I'm having big troubles figuring out how to work around this no computer situation.

I did just order a new comp a few days ago, thank Jesus, should be here this week or the next.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love what you have so far liffey [:
    and i have a ques. is the orc you guys are talking about going to one of the characters?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to gabyness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to hear about you situation DeeLock... just keep working on your design and show us whenever you have a chance.

Thanks, gabyness! And I guess we'll use the orc unless we think of something better.

I took a quick stab at a design for the orc. It's a half orc who wants to fit into a peaceful society... however one major deformation on his body has left him rejected. Perhaps someone skilled in magic could help him?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One more thing guys... The time period for the contest is 1/3 up! I was hoping we'd have our characters thought out by now, but I know some of you have been having things get in the way which can't be helped. Anyways, let's try to pick up the pace if we can! I think if we could have our characters completelt thought out by the end of the week and ready to start working on final poses that could leave us enough time for rendering... but remember, we need at least 8 portraits, so that's quite a bit of work to do in two weeks if we want them to look nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's another very quick design for that orc. (I know the single shoulder pad is really overdone, but in this case it has a practical purpose, to cover up his deformity). I'm kind of liking where it's going, but I need some feedback.

btw, I'm going to be really busy the next few weeks. Working 6 days a week, 12+ hour days, plus getting ready to go back to school. I'm gonna get everything done I can though, so bear with me.

Last edited by Ian Barker; August 12th, 2009 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I reaaallly like the design/idea for the orc [:
    He looks better/more interesting with the shoulder pad then without i think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres another idea for the rogue character:

28. The Following User Says Thank You to gabyness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well guys, the weekend is here. Was hoping to have near final designs by now... I'm going to start doing the portraits for my 2 characters, I hope to see more on theif and druid soon! And thanks for the sketches, gabyness, they have a good look going... a bit generic right now, but can easily be spruced up.

Trying out more stuff with the orc design. Sorry for the quick sketches... Trying to get what I can done before work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We're halfway to the deadline! Lots of work to do yet if we're going to complete this (which we ARE, dammit).

Here's a couple rough ideas for the good versions of the orc and the big guy. I'm thinking we could maybe have near overwhelming black, cloudy backgrounds for the evil versions, and almost children's bookish backgrounds for the good versions (especially the big guy, who can be both cuddly and terrifying):

Last edited by Ian Barker; August 15th, 2009 at 10:23 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some more work on the big guy (need to find a name, ack..). So far they don't look much like eachother in terms of style, I'll need to work on that.

Last edited by Ian Barker; August 16th, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like your idea of the different bgs for both good and evil [:
    and your progress on the orc and big guy are really good!

i gotta start drawing

35. The Following User Says Thank You to gabyness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So i'm not really sure where our original concept went...

What characters do we have in the making right now and why is Liffey doing 2?

Rogue wip:

37. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeLock For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.