Team CHOW II: TEAM Chönyid bardo! - Page 5

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great work everyone, killer knight Granny, pleased you did a chick as well!

Diggin' it Mike as you know, but I think it still needs some cooler colours and tone? Just an idea tho!

And hala, I love this queen of yours! I was thinking the king and queen should have to similar design features. I'll follow your lead (your costume design far better than mine) even if its just smiler detailed trim or something?

Sorry I'll update with my stuff some, but some costume elements would be good if you have any ideas? But no worries if you don't!

Cheers,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    thanks matt
    heres a place holder idea didnt want to do anything w/ it but show idea for a group pick there would be a good an bad all the characters in line like the pieaces of course they can be in natraul poses linke all the draws could have swords spears an that this is like a place holder an just an idea to help present

ethier two good /bad or one side all charging in thier postions on a chess board(kinda mavel comic style brawl)like a face off

Attached Images Attached Images  

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Matt: i absolutely agree. I was reworking the design after my last post--i think i'm gonna give her a fur hood like your king--and maybe you can add some more fur trim like you said.
    you also mentioned a while ago you were into religious crusaders--and the image of the king in chess is a cross most of the time--go crazy it with it man, this is your chance!

Granny--i like it alot!! when we get down to more solid designs, we'll talk about how we want to present both sides--but i like that format a lot

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good Blake!

Thanks for repiling so quick Larissa, and I'm glad where on the same page too! Nice ideas!

So I've been trying to define our Kings costume a bit more, please let me know what you think!

ANd my first thumb for the Bishop! haha, I'm going to have fun here...

(and these are all good chars atm)

Cheers,
    matt

yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is a quick thumb fer the bad night haha i blew it up twas the size of a fity cent piece let me know if its dynamic enough pose an im think'n like reg chow can take a week to render one pic we have multiples an still some hazy issues so im think'n dun worry what everyone else in the group is doing except wat we know already we need more renderd ideas of what we want individual an then combine as a group so get to werk only 2 weeks left thaanks for rooocckkkkkkkk!!!!!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey spect--for Chow guidelines I thinkt he character needs to be bigger--I love the action going on though! i think play around with cropping and diff. perspectives of the same action, just to get the character in the main view

matty i left oyu my comments on msn

[CENTER]
    My Website

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the help guys, red lines and paintovers would be much appreciated!

Looking good granny!

Last edited by JailHouseRock2; August 14th, 2009 at 02:02 AM.

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hola! Great work guys, you've got probably one of most put together group efforts out there right now, don't lose focus. Seems we're half way in this, and I don't see many finals floating around team threads, it's going to be a tight one. I'll be keeping an eye out for your finished work!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to {CKL} For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CKLamb: hey thanks mate for the support, really like the developments your team is making keep up the hard works!

all i gotta say is you guys are macheeeEEENz! luv it all and think the ideas we discussed on msn are solid, like granny mentioned earlier in the chat more finished works or moving in that direction to get some serious crit action going on!!

developed more of the background and changed to a wintery scene and tried to keep some of that cool to warm transition, i decided to put an overhang of some sort to place some darker shadows over the character; the armor is one rough idea and plan to do a few more to see what works and what doesn't

*edit that white dot on her forehead is supposed to be like a boney horn since my character is a demonstress, prolly gonna have to make it more pronounced to be visible

Team CHOW II: TEAM Chönyid bardo!

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    snootch--it's still hot to me!!! i luv it, and love the colors. i'll wait to crit till you develop her attire and personality more.

matt--i did a quick paintover--i didn't wanna ruin ur pic too much so my paintover is not entirely accurate either. the biggest problem was that your charcter was falling flat because most of the ellipses of his clothing were drawn as if we were viewing him at eye level dead on.

so i just altered some things to give you an example--tho while working on it i noticed (his) right leg is connected a lil wonky. if you're up for it, you might want to draw out the shapes of his body on a separate layer on top, and do the shapes in perspective, then paint over them. i'm only being pushy about this because you have a great composition planned out and i know that pushing that perspective and anatomy will only make it that much more powerful

i hope this helps and doesn't seem too bitchy and nit picky ^^;;;

[CENTER]
    My Website

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks CK! yeah--it's exciting tho, so much cool artwork coming out of this competition!

Hey guys, a family friend died yesterday. im gonna be driving up to the service with me mum this weekend.

please stick to the original calendar goals as well please! thanks guys

i'll try and make some posts later today

[CENTER]
    My Website

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow, thanks hala! Really heelpful PO, I see what you mean, and I'll change stright away!

And I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

snootchy- I love the ice blues in the bg leading to the warmer fg! Looking real good!

And thanks CKLamb! Appreciate the support!!

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I keep coming in here trying to make constructive comments but I can never really think of anything I can say that snootchy; she's turning out nice. Really like the texture in your stuff. watch out with the smoothening of her skin though, I think you're losing some anatomical information in her shoulder area.

Hala got the perspective thing right on Jailhouse. I also want to say though that his head looks a tad small (might want to measure head lengths though, I could be wrong)

and Hala, your lady's coming along nicely, but you might want to flip the canvas; I think there might be some slight skewing in the face. Best to catch it early on.

Anyways Great job, lots of energy in here, can't wait to see everything done

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hay thanks alot jason, appreciate the input mate!

Any better?

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooh big thanks for reminding me Jason, i have a tendency to smooth things out a bit at times!

yea looks better Matt, nice update; I think the face is still a little off or how it's sitting on the body looks strange, i'll take a closer look tomorrow; great update though!!

here's as far as i'm gonna render in value for the pose; still gotta figure out how i want the arms positioned and what they doing as well as fix that wonky ear, but for the overall body think it's good base to work off since parts are gonna be covered by armor and clothe; also did some designs for armor

oh also this one is for the bad alliance, i know some of the designs came out too chippery so most likely won't use those; as for good alliance i plan on outfitting her with vampire hunter D in mind more clothing based rather than armor; as for why i stuck with the bra top in winter design, is because her wings keep the upper region of her body warm

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nice progress here! When's the due date?

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks peetaer you RRRRRRRRROOOCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow jail house that rocks dig the face

an this is my proposal we have this format the border can be derssed up er stylelized but the idea is we use all our old characters for the extra peices like the second bishope night an rook i used my cabunny an the design from my requierd to easily come up w/ this counter part all everyone would have to do is werk on their required like discussed an all they characters we came up w/ can be cut pasted an touched up to a simple gray scale pieace an transfer design accordingly you may think alot of werk haha but thats what this is if you dont want to make or dun have time to make the character i can do this the example is a rough duplicate of my night for the black an the pawns can be made from all the extra just need one basic design an then we can each chose characters already made an i will use them to cut an past an touch up to make a grey scale group photo of whites an blacks i strongly believe this will werk an be an efficient use of all the characters already thought of it will help give a large diversity of character an will be easy to follow like i said if the extra bishop or night is to much werk like jailhouse you already have alot i can do it with your character pick just to help eas the werk load will just an idea so lemme know what you think the main focus will be our required this will act like the ice'n on the cake ahh an if ya dont like the idea dun worry haha i just try to help ahh an the chess piece in the corner could be like a checkered banner w/ the piece sown in

Last edited by SMILEFACE; August 15th, 2009 at 10:01 PM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    snootchy- Yeah I know the face on the king is still off.. I can't seen to work it out, so I'll just leave it foe now Love what the colours are doing in your one man!!! The anatomy is a lot better, but its still not perfect I feel. Keep working on it Mike, its looking great!

Grandmassa Mr. Spect- Wow, Congrats on the worlds largest sentence dude!!!! Great work Blake, good plan! And I love the knight! Shes looking so good man, and I love the little knight design in there!

Been really trying to think of the practicality of there costume. Looking at a LOT of snow boots and such.

I think I've worked out almost all the perspective problems with the King, next on to some colour!
    Hving a bit of trouble with the bishops hand as well.. but I'll work it out

Hope everyone's weekends going alright,
    matt

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha look AWESOME ROCK2' I AM THE WRITER OF LONG SENTENCES MMWWHHHAAHHHAAA

I WAS JUST PLAY'N W/ THIS SEEN WHAT HAPPENS I GEUSS

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here was the quick design fer good the cubanny but im gunna scratch em an make a regular night to fit the chow

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys great job on the updates, Matt I think the head looks good the way it is now, and nice rendering on the king plus the bishop is coming out great!

Granny I dig the riders of the storm! I think it's cool to have some of our characters or introduce some vehicle type into the finals!!

still trying to come up with a comp for the good alliance one, here some sketches

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l bleupencil

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blake: this is looking so good man! The colours are coooooooooool as, and the designs are killer!

Mike: Really liking the updates, going real solid man! and the colours are working really well together!

First thumb for the Dark Bishop. There's going to be shadowy demons around him, as well as some good-old rim lighting

Any suggestions?
    matt

Edit: also included a quick tone colour practice for the king, playing with some for grannys awesome blues!

And little more on the top half of the bishop.

Last edited by JailHouseRock2; August 17th, 2009 at 02:07 AM.

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my suggest tion woul be fer all yall would be keep FREAK'N RRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKKKNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNN HAHA SO COOL

EDIT HAHA LOOK'N RAD SNOOTCHY AN JAILHOUSE THATS WHAT IM SAY'N LETS TURN IT UP AN BURN THIS MOTHA DOWN!!!!!!!!!!RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOORRRRR RRRRRR AN MISS YOU HALA AN YOUR AWESOME ROCK!!!!!

Last edited by SMILEFACE; August 17th, 2009 at 02:13 AM.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is my sketch fer the required all the info from the previous will be added an more rendered hahha i gunna add some rims light as well from the lightning an give one of them bad guys a torch to pop some 3d magix haha an put this ish in CHECK'

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking great Blake, nice dynamic piece!

Some colours I quite liked...

Edit: Oh and I could swear I've already uploaded these.. but if not, here's some of my some gear reff, and some hoods (maybe helpful if Halas Queens still going to have a hood?)

Last edited by JailHouseRock2; August 18th, 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

51. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi guys. it's been a very rough 2 days. i'm home now but i can't work on my CHOW till tomorrow. just too much on my mind.

great work--keep it up please!

[CENTER]
    My Website

53. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry its been a rough couple of days Larissa.
    But I hope the funeral went as well as it could, and I'm glad your back in the game!

About half way there, just got to colour the goods, and theb start on the bads... hopefuly they should be easier.

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

55. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YEAH I MISSED HALA!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS THE FIRE
    great colors jail house an the bishope rocks i got some smoar dun on mine but a ton more ta do untill tomorrow

an larissa if you ever feel like talk'n im here an if yah want i wont even talk back just listen

57. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome Spect.

59. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jigje For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jigjie thanks again dood fer ur support!

welcome back hala, hope everything went alright! great job fellas looking sharp as ever keep up the hardwork

tried to get to sleep early but i got problems, and so hit the PS again, pretty set on overall comp for bad alliance (if you guys or anyone has suggestions i'm still open to new ideas) and having mucho trouble with the good alliance composition and pose but here it is anyways

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l bleupencil

61. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.