Rough Draft: Death: Part-Time book cover
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Rough Draft: Death: Part-Time book cover

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rough Draft: Death: Part-Time book cover

Okay, so with the exception of the illustrations, my book is almost done. I'm working on a cover and want to show you my rough idea.

My goal is that it be simple and uncluttered, easy to read, but interesting enough to attract attention. Note that the artwork isn't completely done and this logo is more of a placeholder than anything else, but I felt it was done enough to put together a rough composition to see where it's going.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks OK. Right not it feels like you're trying to fit the type in where it won't get in the way of the art, and the end result feels pretty awkward.

If it were me, I'd be more aggressive--take the type and the image and put them together in a way that looks as visually powerful as possible--without worrying too much about showing the whole image or overlapping the type to the art. Suggestion attached below.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the cover looks a little bare-I don't think it would hurt if you added a little more of a background, doesn't have to be anything too complex but i feel like you could do a little more with the vignette.

It would also be nice if we could at least have a little evidence that the guy has a thumb to go with his four fingers. I'm assuming you drew four because the thumb is behind the girl's hair but if you should still be able to see some extra palm. the hand looks like it pretty much ends right after the index finger.
    clarification:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Giacomo Wow, that already looks much better! You're right! I'll definitely try to do something more akin to that (but not taking your image directly of course).

@LRomel You're right, I drew it that way because it's behind her head, but on second look it DOES look odd. I will add a thumb!

Thank you both! *back to work I go*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by StudioZEL View Post
    @Giacomo Wow, that already looks much better! You're right! I'll definitely try to do something more akin to that (but not taking your image directly of course).
    Feel free to use that if you want to. I got a million more where that one came from.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.