Team ChoW II: Team Fluffy Fledglings

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

R3u5, Katanasoul, Zilrion and AvisNocturna are Team Fluffy Fledglings!

So now I'd say we decide what kind of setting/style/palette and workflow to chose?

Katanasoul and I already brainstormed about some "post apocalyptic, ethno, ige age fantasy" setting.

This is going to be a lot of fun!

And here is the Task!
    Look here for the main thread.
    ____
    1. Teams of two MUST create at least 4 portraits, teams of three or four need 6 and teams of five need 8. You are perfectly welcome to create more images that the requirement if you feel your team is up to it.
    2. You must take a random selection of the choices below. Please don't do 4 elven fighters, or only orcs, for example. Please take a randomized selection. If you would prefer me to give your team a specific assignment, I will generate the selection for you. If I see teams doing more select parties, then I will request you to change to something more random.
    3. You must follow the format provided. See it below, please!
    4. You must do a LIGHT and a DARK version for each character, please! This means that for each character you need two portraits.
    5. You must submit a paragraph about each character. Do a short write up for each character you create. I want to see some interesting, stereotype-breaking stuff here, folks!

PLEASE SELECT ONE OF EACH CATEGORY FOR EACH CHARACTER.

Race: Human / Elf / Half-Elf / Dwarf / Orc - (and anything else you can think of!)

Class: Fighter (Barbarians, Knights, Dark Knights, Brawlers, etc) / Thief (Assasins, Rogues, etc)/ Spell Caster (Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc) / Healer (Priest, Cleric, White Mage, Medic, etc) - (feel free to make up something for this, too)

Alignment: Good / Evil (please do both for each character)

YES, THESE LOOK LIKE STEREOTYPES. IT IS YOUR JOB TO BREAK THEM. I want to see some really interesting, kick ass stuff!

Okay, NOW GO!

--------

SUBMISSION GUIDLINES

The Final Burning Thread will go up ONE WEEK before deadline. The deadline will be August 31st, at 11:59 pm GMT - 4, Eastern Daylight Time. I will accept submissions as long as it is August somewhere in the world, but after this I will close the thread. I am going to give myself 1-2 days to then sort out the poll and the voting, so please be patient.

1. One team member will be in charge of submitting the final entry. How the entry is presented will be up to you, but keep it consistent and coherent.
    2. Remember that you will need to submit wips. If you decide to make a group sketchbook for this activity, a link to that will suffice.
    3. Also sumbit a list of Team Activity. I want to see how well you worked as a team - who was in charge of what and what each member did.
    4. All other ChoW rules apply. If you are not familiar with the usual chow rules, please read the guidlines thread sticked at the top of the subforum. Including, 3/4ths rule, no paint-overs, etc.
    5. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
    6. Please keep to the format of the image below. We're gonna be a little bit more strict about presentation this time - each portrait should be portrait-aligned, like so, and the figure about as big as the one you see below. Full bodied figures, please.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nele Klumpe; August 2nd, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
    “Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A "post-apocalyptic" setting is perfect for me.
    Are you thinking of post-apocaliptyc as Leather Clothes, dark/gothic lolitas or punky girls and strange rusty weapons or something different ?

For the style you two are very realistic and i'll stick with your style as much as i can. Tomorrow i'll search the net for some inspiring picture.

palette...

thinking aloud : Fluffy Fledglings = some characters might have bird tattooo ( ethnic tattoo ?!?! ) ; a different bird for every character ? - just thinking aloud. now sleep time...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by R3u5 View Post
    [...]Tomorrow i'll search the net for some inspiring picture[...]
    no inspiring pictures but some sketches i've made a while ago. Damn photobucket, took me 30 minutes to make it work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the bird tattoo Idea is pretty cool. I also like the sketches, some cool poses!

As for the post apocalyptic setting: there are some things left, but not too many. I'd say it's a mixture between modern waepons and a little bit of metal here and there but mostly leather, fur and stuff..

Buuut pictures are worth a thousand words or more
    So I made a moodboard about what I had in mind.

Name:  moodboard.jpg
Views: 2107
Size:  444.4 KB

And here's a sketch I made after brainstorming.

Name:  sketch.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  187.2 KB

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nele Klumpe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tata! It's me again

Now we know our tasks I think it's time to decide on our workflow.

As we are supposed to create 3 Characters, and for each of those a good and a bad version, I'd say we all post some Character descriptions first before we draw or paint anything. This way we can decide which characters we want to create.

Sooo I'd say first task: everyone creates 2-4 different characterdescriptions.
    Can we manage to finish this until sunday?
    After that we can decide on the characters we want to develop. Yep. I'd say we discuss the next steps when we finished the first one

Next point: As we're supposed to create Highfantasy Characters maybe we should eliminate the "post apocalyptic" from our setting. I think the mixture we have is already pretty interesting.

Well, enough from my side, now it's your turn

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    after reading your ( yesterday's ) feedback and the Tchow ( today's ) announcement i made this 20minute sketch ( after this i've read your last post ) :

I know, it's too much unrealistic style and if i had more time i would have changed it in something realistic . It was my intention to do the Good-Evil thing though i'm not sure which is supposed to be the good one and which the evil one.

Quote Originally Posted by AvisNocturna View Post
    Tata! It's me again

Now we know our tasks I think it's time to decide on our workflow.

As we are supposed to create 3 Characters, and for each of those a good and a bad version, I'd say we all post some Character descriptions first before we draw or paint anything. This way we can decide which characters we want to create.

Sooo I'd say first task: everyone creates 2-4 different characterdescriptions.
    Can we manage to finish this until sunday?
    After that we can decide on the characters we want to develop. Yep. I'd say we discuss the next steps when we finished the first one

Next point: As we're supposed to create Highfantasy Characters maybe we should eliminate the "post apocalyptic" from our setting. I think the mixture we have is already pretty interesting.

Well, enough from my side, now it's your turn
    I agree with most you said ( everyone creates 2-4 different characterdescriptions [...] until sunday : sunday = tomorrow? ) but, for the last point, we can still stick with the post apocalyptic/ ethno theme in some way : when i did the sketch i had in mind that the Sci-fi is not allowed anymore but lot of fantasy characters still dress with things you proposed ( elfs use to dress with leather clothes, human living in fantasy kingdom have furs and even orcs use dress with lot of leather belts ). They can be totally covered with ethnic tattoos. When i did the sketch i was thinking that these fantasy characters can have modern technology stuff that they can't use but still used for fashion ( i imagined him wear watches as dress optionals, also a taser as necklace ). Things that fall from our world to theirs ~~~ . Also for the weapons and the other stuff there are ways to make them both post-apocalyptic and fantasy ( in Mad Max 2 there are lot of archery weapons ). Add some iron to shoes also can help...et cetera

that's just to make the Devil's Advocate, we can also change theme if you want

sorry for my english

P.S. I'm open minded if you are thinking of a brainstorming session through : msn messenger, some paint chat site or something similar to ConceptArt's sketcher room : http://sketcher.artgrounds.com/conceptart
    if so contact me by pm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the idea about the "technology as fashion", but I'm a little bit concerned about the weapons. But maybe we can use early fire arms like an archebus or something like that?
    When I looked at your sketches I had another idea. To stick with the "post apocalypse" we can turn our bad characters into zombie like creatures? Maybe it was an evil spell or something that made them turn bad. Nobody ever said zombies don't fit into medieval times, haha!

Aaand your english is absolutely alright, not worse than mine I'd say, hehe.

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The zombie idea is good if not abused : for a mage is easy to turn him evil with darker clothes, thin eyes and red spell all around him but for orcs ( evil by nature, whatever shrek may say ) it would be perfect to draw an evil-rotten zombie version so everyone understands. If we want to make it conceptual/philosophical than we can write under the rotten zombie orc : "the good one"; and write under the beautiful one : "Evil, Stay away!" and we'll reverse the misconception. If someone still doesn't understand it we'll write under the 2 portraits : " don't judge by appareance or you will be slaughtered to death!"

note : arquebus are awesome! If it's not allowed we'll make a crossbow very similar to an arquebus because we cheat!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Totally diggin the idea of the evil orc! Maybe I should ask if we can use these weapons...

Okay. As I didn't catch Katanasoul online today I made up some characters:

Gelfa
    Goblin
    Rogue
    Female

As Gelfa steals everything she finds interesting and worth stealing her Felawen, gave hera little bell and put a spell on it. This way she can't get lost and her mates are warned early so she can't swipe anything from their pockets.
    When she was little, she told her parents that she wanted to become a princess one day. Secretly she still wants to become rich and famous. Superficially it looks as though she's a bit selfish, but when her friends need her, she's always there to save their lives, whatever it takes. Most of the times she invents inconvenient methods to do so. She's clever and she can make poeple stumble by looking at them. It's a certain kind of spell that she's unaware of.

______
    Felawen
    Elf
    Druid
    Female

Felawen is a curious Elf. She always asks questions and she's the first to analyze the environment. She's a little scatterbrained but very clever. She tends to lose things and always needs a little longer for anything she does, espeacially her spells. When her friends are in danger she always appears when they need them the most. But no second earlier. She often gets entangled in her long sleeves.

_____
    Hildfried
    Human
    Babarian
    Male

Hildfried is a Barbarian who doesn't like to fight much, although he obviously could. He prefers to talk and find ways to solve any problem without violence. He only fights when he really needs to. He's a good tactician and a womanizer, although women don't like him much. (The number of the men you killed in an honest fight is important for barbarian women when they chose their men).
    ____
    Ksentosch
    Troll
    Priest
    Male

Ksentosh is a priest and philosopher. He's a calm guy and can be pretty sarcastic.
    When he doesn't like to talk to poeple, he flips them away. He seems to be weary of life, at least he likes to talk about death a lot. He's a got a pet that looks a little like a ferret. It's his best friend, although he claims that he just keeps feeding it because he wants to eat it some day.

And I was thinking a little more about our workflow.
    To keep a universal style I'd say we post a big image with a background in which everyone can design their character. maybe the background could change from a light environment to a darker one and so would the characters.
    After that everyone could design one character (evil and good version) and finish it up to a certain level. After someone who's good at colours could go over every single character and refine them, so they all have a similar style.
    What do you think?

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name
    Race

Torc / Torque J.D.
    Orc

He's the second-hand seller of the underground. Gentle with children of every race can be a big problem for aged persons. He has great intuitive ability, as all merchants, so he can smell age from people without look at their appareance. His face is scary and grinning. He's friend with some of people that he knew since childhood. He likes the echo sounds of the river under the bridge ( he smile with closed eyes when hearing it ). He hates those technology things from the other world because are useless but everyone is searching for them, paying a lot. He hates the moon when full because of warewolves' howlings. He likes when people cry because he feel a bit less monster but he will never show some emotion on his face, he just watch the crying person for few seconds, close his eyes and move on.

Jekki M.
    human

jekki is a cute girl, shorter than average, a bit kleptomaniac for sweeties and she can't speak properly her language. She's wild enough to live for weeks in the jungle and even a pro hunter will never find her if she's hiding herself. She's lovely and often smiles but sometimes she smile like a cat, with traitor intent just to steal your donut! Be warned! She's friend with some of the people that give her sweeties since she was very young.

Francisco Cezàr
    Elf

He visited our world some centuries ago and took this name. Nobody knows something of him before this name and probably his backstory isn't needed or interesting at all. He's a great double-edged sword fighter ( he uses an unusual long sword ). He's good friend with Torc/Torque even if they don't speak at all when they meet. He likes to watch the sunset and the sunrise and he prays to the sun with the sword in his hands every morning. He has sympathy for people with same eyes as him : eyes that share a great past in wars that changed the History. He's a cleaver fighter and strategist but a few-words man.

Josephine L. Cezàr
    Elf

She dresses like a hippie. Josephine is married with Cezàr and She can talk with nature, heal creatures, and her archer ability is probably more fearsome than his husbands' swordmanship. She belongs to an archaic nobility and, as told by legend, she's daughter of the wind. She vanishes in the air for long times but Francisco claims she's always behind him to protect him and that's probably true. She's the only one with whom Nile never jokes. Sometimes it seems like she knows everything but that's not true . Josephine would be a great leader in decisions but she has no charism ( she doesn't like to talk at all! ) and everything is secondary when the wind calls her.

Nile Asiz
    Unknown but looks like human

The Magician. The character that lead the group of those crazy individuals seen before. He is a charismatic mage ( very charismatic if he could team up those lonely characters ) with a female assistant. If you stay with him for a bit he will suggest you that you'll never know his race because he can change the appearance of things and you'll never know the race of his assistant, you'll never know if his assistant is a spell or a real girl.
    He finds funny to make people doubt of everything. Nile has always a plan, a secret plan that he only shares with Josephine . When he's thinking he's silent with closed eyes and circles of spells begins to appear on the ground growing with time, the reality seems to break up in front of him until he opens his eyes.

Lil
    Unknown but looks like human (or maybe halfling)

Silent Assistant of Nile. She can love nature, she can love warewolves and monsters, she's made to love everything the world has. She trust Nile and she's the one Jekki has most faith in. She takes care of everyone in the group.

sketched yesterday ( left = Francisco Cezàr first sketch ; right = Lil ??? dunno ) :

Quote Originally Posted by AvisNocturna View Post
    And I was thinking a little more about our workflow.
    To keep a universal style I'd say we post a big image with a background in which everyone can design their character. maybe the background could change from a light environment to a darker one and so would the characters.
    After that everyone could design one character (evil and good version) and finish it up to a certain level. After someone who's good at colours could go over every single character and refine them, so they all have a similar style.
    What do you think?
    1 - I'm not good with backgrounds so i can't help you with the first point. Anyway i was imagining a way to make the portraits good-evil ( i can't expain in words, maybe i'll sketch an example tonight or tomorrow ) , it's just a rough idea though. Maybe we'll come up with better ideas in the next days ...ahhhhhhhhh, i'm totally lost

2 - Yeah, after we make the first character we can give it a try and see how it looks like.

Last edited by R3u5; August 2nd, 2009 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm looking forward to seeing you good/evil idea

These are some pretty cool characters, I'm already working on a voting system, but maybe we can also combine characters.

Announcement 1:
    Zilrion joined our team! Welcome to the Fluffy Fledglings!
    Announcement 2: We can't use medieval fire arms. SO we'll need to stick with crossbows. But I'm sure we can design cool stuff nontheless

I was just doodling around. I was working on a background. I'm not gpood at environments, so if anyone can do better, please
    Name:  landscape Kopie.jpg
Views: 1830
Size:  190.7 KB

And a portrait of Gelfa, just for fun :3
    Name:  gelfa.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  71.2 KB
    And another one

Name:  hildfried.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  108.0 KB

Did I mention that Elfs that looked like asians would be rather cool? I now made the barbarian look like a mongole as well, but I'm not quite sure about that :/

(This doesn't mean we need to take any of these, I'm just doodling around to get my ideas on paper.)

Last edited by Nele Klumpe; August 2nd, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! and thanks for the welcome, this will be awesome!

I loved the bird tattoo idea by the way, but it might be hard to incorporate in the design if we're going to have them in such a cold environment. As I'd imagine they'd hate to freeze so much. I'm also trying to get a little out of the box with these , but I'm probably failing

Oh by the way, this so reminds me of Everquest with the good /evil stuff. So I have a lot of inspiration from there. Example:
    sorcerer: wizard vs warlock
    summoner: coercer vs necromancer
    crusader: Paladin vs Shadowknight
    cleric: Templar vs Inquisitor

- "Warrior role" -
    Name:
    Race: Minotaur
    Idea: I just figured out that a bull/female mix is a bit strange, and probably why I can't remember ever seeing it (well there's female taurens in wow alright, but even that's a rare sight)
    Gear: I was thinking a lot of armor, preferably metal. I want a bulky look and a strong silhouette. Weapon should be an axe, and a larger shield. Maybe have some sort of leather cloak as well. Wont carry much else as she needs to be as agile as possible, and the heavy armor really is enough.

- "Thief Role" -

Name:
    Race: Young Human, but I might want some more deerlike features. (tiny horns on the forehead, bigger eyes)
    Class: Beastmaster, Shapeshifter, Ranger, Scout
    Idea: Always have at least one hawk with her, and she also have the ability to shapeshift into various creatures (I was thinking maybe deer, hawk, rabbit w/e for good. Raven/Wolf/Snake for evil). Can in this way easily scout around etc. Very feminine shapes and silhouette.
    Gear: Light leather armor, a lot of belts etc. Weapon should be a bow and shortswords/daggers. Maybe Throwing axes or darts.

- "Spellcaster Role" -
    Name:
    Race: Half Human/Winged Demon (how to make a good spin on this?)
    Class: Wizard, fire magic.
    Idea: A very warm character(snow around him would smelt quickly I'd assume. Though if he's flying it wont affect it as much. Want someone that can help with the darn heat, as it seems this will all take place in a cold environment.
    Gear: a large burning staff, kind of like a torch. Leather robe, though I want a lot of the tattooed chest to show. Oh and he should have a party hat, or not.

- "Healer Role" -

Name:
    Race: Ogre Like, I'm thinking four or six arms
    Class: Bard, Dirge
    Idea: I want a character/creature that can play multiple instruments (Though we'll of course have to stick with old once). Will play soothing music for healing and harder once to increase the strength, morale etc of the party Maybe evil version isn't as much healing as it's inflicting pain towards the enemies with the music? (like we'd make him a techno/trance dj xD)
    Gear: Battle drums around his belt, maybe a flute there as well, old types of guitars. Everything else is leather.

Did I mention I read a lot of high fantasy and that I'm a super geek at these stuff?

edit: I did just these real quick while writing them down, didn't really intent on sharing them.. but what the heck. Going to restart now so that I get my pressure sensitivity back..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ErikStorstein; August 2nd, 2009 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by R3u5 View Post
    1 - I'm not good with backgrounds so i can't help you with the first point. Anyway i was imagining a way to make the portraits good-evil ( i can't expain in words, maybe i'll sketch an example tonight or tomorrow ) , it's just a rough idea though. Maybe we'll come up with better ideas in the next days ...ahhhhhhhhh, i'm totally lost

just sketched, please spare my life

@zilrion, Welcome . Beautiful idea to insert musicians

@avisnocturna : is there someone good on this team for envoirments ? NO? We are lost... we are lost..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    R3u5 Yay! I like the Mirror idea a lot! But I'd prefer if we had all the characters in line, so maybe we can line the good characters up in a "good" environment and mirror it so a bad one?
    And now it seems that I need to practice environments... Needed to do this anyways, haha!

Zilrion The musician sounds pretty cool! I already think it would be best to mix up the characters. Also liking your idea of the good/bad stuff.

I have something to think about for you
    Well... I drew this stupid troll because of R3u5's idea of the "bad orc" etc.
    Now my question would be: Do we want our styleto look cool and serious, or do we want it to look a little comical and funny? What do you think? I can't really decide yet...

Name:  troll.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  71.1 KB

And I hope Katanasoul's going to show up soon, we need to go on somehow D:
    btw: my msn: nachtvogel(at)gmx.de

Last edited by Nele Klumpe; August 2nd, 2009 at 05:42 PM.

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Avis Ahahah! omg, what a hippie orc i see!

Anyway, some other stupid ideas for the good-evil portraits. I say stupid because the judge won't probably allow those kind of portraits. I'm posting just to drive crazy your fantasy and imagination ( i thought it was a good excuse ) - Looking-glass and Yin&Yang - :

I'm spamming too many large images in this thread but i dunno how a team is supposed to work so.. give me some hints to make this workplace a better place

- for your question let's wait Katanasoul

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!

I made a list of the things we need to decide upon. Maybe all of you could think about these points and brainstorm what you think about it or if you hae more suggestions.
    I think it would be best to talk about this in a chat if you like. But I'd like to wait for Katanasoul to decide about a date and time (Haha, you must think she's a phantom, because she didn't post yet).

So, here's my list:

Things to decide:

Comical/Funny or Serious/Cool
    (The Evil Orcs are the good ones eg)

Palette/Background/Setting

Character Genders/Races/Classes

Evil/Good
    Zombies or just bad Version? Or is it a spell?

Workflow?
    Who wants to do what? How many Characters? Who's good at what?

Character Voting
    Combine Characters? Which characters?

Costume Style:

Ethnic Tattoos?
    As they live in a cold environment, maybe just tattoo their faces? Which Patterns?

Fur?
    When brainstorming I thought about some kind of Zebra Pattern but with thicker fur

Leather?

Metal?
    How much metal? Or rather wood because metallic jewellery can freeze?

Armor?
    What kind of armour style? Viking? Mongolian maybe?

Weapons?
    No fire Arms unfortunately, but what Kind of weapons do we use? Is there a special style to them? Asian? South african?

Patterns?
    What Kind of patterns? Is there a certain pattern style for every character?

Asian/Caucasian?
    Asian elfs and Caucasian humans maybe?

Culture?
    More south african patterns or asian?

Animals?
    Maybe there's a Elk/Zebra thing?

Okay, that's my list. Maybe you got some more stuff to add

R3u5 Images are cool, but you could post a smaller version if you don't have many details to show Cool ideas btw I included the general idea in a background setting.

Name:  landscape2.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  181.8 KB
    (Background without people)

Name:  landscape2fig.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  193.7 KB
    (possible setting and poses)

Edit: More Moodboards

Name:  moddpattern.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  428.5 KB

Name:  enviromood.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  154.4 KB

Last edited by Nele Klumpe; August 3rd, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nele, any chance you could log onto msn?

I'm very for the Serious/Cool approach, as for the background. We could for example have a village in the background, on the evil version it would be burning as if the party had just raided it. While on the good one, maybe we could have silhouettes of people waving goodbye to them or something?

Maybe some of the characters should be mounted onto horses/elks/bears?

edit: quick inspiration/mood board

Last edited by ErikStorstein; August 3rd, 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Comical/Funny or Serious/Cool
    Dunno. I would like to improve in serious/cool style but i like both styles. Maybe we should wait for Katanasoul's vote here

Palette/Background/Setting
    Should we think at the background before the characters? When we have the characters in mind maybe the palette we choose will be natural and then we can think of the best background behind those characters

Character Genders/Races/Classes
    I'm democratic : 50%female 50%male ( orc = male ) . Races and Classes : O.O I've heard something about D&D but never played at it : i like both the female thief idea and the musician character.

Evil/Good
    Zombies or just bad Version? Or is it a spell?
    we can do zombie version for some characters and just bad versions for others... dunno. Maybe we should think in this way : what will be best suited for every single character? A zombie version or a simple evil version. As I've said a rotten zombie wizard isn't as good as an evil wizard. Same goes for a simple evil orc isn't as good as a rotten zombie orc... BUT that's for my imagination's limits. It can reverse in yours

Workflow?
    Who wants to do what? How many Characters? Who's good at what?
    CHAT!

Character Voting
    Combine Characters? Which characters?

Costume Style:

a paintchat session or a simple chat session can help

Ethnic Tattoos?
    As they live in a cold environment, maybe just tattoo their faces? Which Patterns?
    a paintchat session can help

Fur?
    When brainstorming I thought about some kind of Zebra Pattern but with thicker fur
    coool but a paint-chat session can help

Leather?
    yes

Metal?
    How much metal? Or rather wood because metallic jewellery can freeze?
    elf : wood - leather ( lol, i don't read lot of fantasy, are they dressed with something different? )
    orc : leather - iron
    human : leather - jewellery

Armor?
    What kind of armour style? Viking? Mongolian maybe?
    hmm... we don't need to limit our fantasy. All these links are to alexpascenko's gallery, one of my fav artists but he's on another Team Chow so we can't be ispired by him

Weapons?
    No fire Arms unfortunately, but what Kind of weapons do we use? Is there a special style to them? Asian? South african?
    *screaming at a passing dog*

Patterns?
    What Kind of patterns? Is there a certain pattern style for every character?
    If I understand the question correctly : we can draw them with something in common. A logo, a typical little bandage, a necklace... no sorry, i can't get the question... i'm lost in translation

Asian/Caucasian?
    Asian elfs and Caucasian humans maybe?
    yes, also afro-american will be good if we use a lot of ethnic references for one character

Culture?
    More south african patterns or asian?
    we can fuse both. Wizards, Elfs stick better with asian . Fighters with african because tattoos are beautiful and aggressive and they're less dressed. Honestly, my knowledge in both fantasy and tattoos/clothes culture is average

Animals?
    Maybe there's a Elk/Zebra thing?
    are we allowed to insert animals?

R3u5 Images are cool, but you could post a smaller version if you don't have many details to show
    roger!

msn : -

Last edited by R3u5; February 20th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Nele, decided to come by after you mentioned that you were doing team chow II, awesome start, i think you're enviro is going to kick major arse!!! Cute name fluffy fledglings!

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

LIVESTREAM PLAYAZ!
    Hala
    Mr. Spect
    Walid
    JailHouseRock2
    Dwardo
    Snootchy
    aardvarkphil

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here I finally am!
    I was at vacations at my grandparent´s and back now to work with you. (About that, I´ll be on a workshop that weekend...)
    I spoke with AvisNocturna and I´d love to chat with you tomorrow if that is ok for you. I will read though the thread until then and think of ideas and plans.
    See you tomorrow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Long skype conversation very short summary:

4characters

Human Male, Magic User
    Good version is a life-mage, young form, has a hand engulfed in elemental force (fire for example) Carries a staff
    Evil version is more of a necromancer, looks old, hand is skeletal.
    Slim.
    Weapon suggested was a staff, might also carry magic runes and scrolls.

Orc/troll Male, 6 arms, Bard
    Good version: Uses instruments to heal the party
    Evil version: uses instruments to damage
    - Works as a one man band.
    - carry Drums, flute, guitar

Female Elf, Beastmaster
    Might be mounted on an animal like an elk. Weapons could be bow, knife.

Dwarf Female, Melee Fighter.
    Chef, fights with butcher knives and meat axes. Large chef hat.
    Short. Bearded?

5 thumbnails of each character by tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Erik!

Here are my thumbs of the good characters
    Was fun!

Name:  thumbsgood.jpg
Views: 2967
Size:  168.4 KB

maybe you could also put in numbers like these? makes it easier to decide later on

Last edited by Nele Klumpe; August 6th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AvisNocturna - my fav :
    m2 or m5 ; o4 ; b2 or b5 ( b5! b5! ) ; d3

I know Nele will scold me for the huge resolution of this image and for these "no thumbs at all drawings" so: sorry nele, forgive me this time! I tried to do thumbs, I swear! AND If not for zilrion this image would be 2x (ahahah, Thanks erik )

edit : now that i see it the image is almost the same size as yours, Yippee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those are great! love them Nele, mine pale in comparison.
    R3u5, you have got some interesting elements in several of those!

Tried a few different approaches myself

Name:  thumbs copy8.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  290.8 KB

Edit: trying to incorporate more stuff xD
    Name:  elfthumb2.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  47.2 KB

Last edited by ErikStorstein; August 6th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guys rock! Cool thumbs!
    I'm curious what sarah's going to come up with on monday

Well... I already talked about my Elkbra Idea, did I?
    But Erik doesn't like the name, so we called it "Zeer". It doesn't quite look like an elk anyways, so...

here you go

Name:  zeer.jpg
Views: 2696
Size:  488.1 KB

Lalalala! This is soooo much fun

Edit:

And here's a version with a beastmaster

Name:  beastmastertry .jpg
Views: 2682
Size:  437.5 KB

Last edited by Nele Klumpe; August 6th, 2009 at 07:19 PM.

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I lubs it
    here's my attempt at drawing it. this one is special, cause it has only 3 legs >_>

Name:  quickzeer.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  135.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My elf Sketch

Happy ( past ) Birthday, Nele

30. The Following User Says Thank You to R3u5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here I go.
    Hurried up a little, so none of mine is very detailed. It´s just general shapes and ideas to adapt and use. Maybe we could chat about what to do now? (Online now. ^^)

Name:  thumbsgoodsarah.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  113.3 KB

Edit: Gonna show you why I shouldn´t colour. XD

Name:  Beastmaster try.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  111.9 KB

Last edited by Katanasoul; August 10th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've sketched a better version of the "extra orc" in my thumbs page ( I know, neither Erik nor Nele choosed him as their fav but he was the first orc i drew in that page and he's still my fav :p )

I probably invented several impossible muscles but "low anatomy knowledge" + "6 arms orc" is one of the most difficult issues for this character( the second one is the musical instrument )... at least For me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are noooooooot dead yet!!

We just got some problems to be online at the same time. We miss erik! D:

But as the deadline gets closer we decided to start anyways.
    I'm taking the Mage, so here are my ideas

Name:  magecharsheet.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  107.4 KB

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.