Team Chow II - Team Milk of Amnesia - Page 3

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love his face Burt! I can totally see that face going good and evil.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, a few of the main character/race ideas I remember discussing a few days ago are orc/crayfish, elf/mantis, dwarf/molerat, and human/bird.
    I've done the first two. Here's my stab at human/bird.
    He's a beach-living character, and his class is probably a summoner. Again, no armor, but this time I think his magical and spiritual power makes up for that.
    There ya go.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dig the bird themed human sketch Moai. Has a bit of a Native American feel. very cool. Maybe give him that stereotypical Native American arched "beak" nose. I like his recessed eyes too. I've had someone tell me I look like a bird before. An eagle specifically. I think its the large nose combined with recessed eyes/protruding brow structure and eyebrow shape that makes me look angry all the time. I also have thin lips that have somewhat of a beak like point in the center.

EDIT: painted swamp orc some more. hes still in his undies though...

Last edited by Burtzum; August 6th, 2009 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a bard design.

I'm not so happy about her, looks too... ordinary, nothing interesting. I'm still not sure whether to go with conventional races or creating a new race...seems like everyone is doing some kind of hybrid...I feel more compelled to do something that's conventional but make it different somehow.

Last edited by fluorine; August 5th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool sketches! The new sketches look a bit lower tech though. Do we want to go full-out tribal?

Sorry for the short comment - must sleep Did a new quick and dirty turtle dwarf sketch - this one is probably the good twin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great! really interesting designs so far!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG.... after 7 episode of X-files, half pack of chocolate, hitting my head to the wall several times....

I finally finally get the feeling I want!!!

ah....that feels good~~~~

I have a strong feeling this is the character I want to do, but let me sleep on it. If I'm sill feeling it tomorrow, then this is it~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    face, good vs. evil... and as always, the evil side is just more fun!

Last edited by fluorine; August 6th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, I was planning on drawing more of a dwarvish character, but I got sidetracked into reading about Japanese weaponry and the history of Middle-Earth on Wikipedia. Reading about Japanese weaponry and mythology led me to draw this character. He's an Oni, an ogre-like being of Japanese folklore. The third eye on his forehead really isn't a traditional feature of Oni, but it's a common feature for gods and demons in Buddhist cultures.
    On to the next drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Worked a bit more on the face. I'm not sure with her skin color and color scheme. I think it's probably better to give the good version normal skin color, and some bright spring color scheme, and give the evil version pale skin, dark color clothing. But that would be too ordinary, something people expect to see. I feel that maybe, I can give the good nice vibrate color clothing, and the evil side pale skin, dark de-saturated clothing plus some vibrate red.

Moai, I like your orc, he goes pretty well with my assassin in style~~~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doodle doodle

Last edited by Burtzum; August 7th, 2009 at 04:53 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Burtzum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Burtzum, your ideas on Dwarf head structure are very similar to mine, as may (or may not) be evident in this sketch.

A dwarf! Like I remarked in our conversation today, his body is nice and Japanese, but his head looked like it came from somewhere in the former Soviet Union...Oh well!

So, yeah, I'm gonna be gone this weekend. I won't be uploading any sketches or chatting in Messenger, but I will probably have internet access for at least some of the weekend, so if one of you could post any decisions or major discussion points in this thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flourine: coming along nicely! love her make-up. her hair seems a tad high (the front part that is pulled tight against her scalp). Really digging the colors.

burt: Nice facial studies! Funny... he looks like someone I know

moai: totally like the japanese demon guy. His horns reminds me of this deer thing with horns or fangs growing out of its face, don't remember what it's called. I really like the costume you have going on on the dwarf.

Still don't have a solid idea... more doodles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (Logged in from a Seattle hotel )

Thanks, Nightblue!
    Cool batch of sketches. To me, the sketches on the middle row are the strongest, both in design and in silhouette.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nightblue, I like the guy right in the center.

I'm working a different version of my character...then I'll alter the one I had and make her the evil side~~~ Hopefully we will all have a character by the end of this week, so we can working on bring them together.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the half elf rouge/dancer girl, the good version.

I'm working on the evil version.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flourine: Looking sweet! I love her hair, and the pose is very cool.

developing the thumbnail that's slab in the middle. Right now he's straight-up human, and may stay that way till I can think of something cooler.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like this strait up human, love the color, love the shoulder plate. even at this early stage, I can see some personality showing. Is he gonna be a paladin? one of those lawful good kind? or Ranger, the chaotic good?

I really don't think you need to add animal/creature elements just for the sake of make him look weird. Let the boys worry about being weird, LOL. Maybe it's the helmet and armor, he feels really Aztec/central American to me. I think we need to start thinking about how to bring our characters together, either by color scheme, small accessories, or recurrent patterns. Especially we're doing a band, so maybe we should give them something similar.

Oh well, everything is looking preeeeee~~~tty good so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the evil side, I change the face and some small accessories to match the good side.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    together...hummmm....The evil side looks older....maybe I need to change the face of the good side.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The evil side might look older from scowling more. :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Little changes here and there: face, weapon, accessories.

Last edited by fluorine; August 10th, 2009 at 12:59 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK guys, the first week is over. This is what we have so far:

1, I decided to do a dark elf rouge/assassin.

2, Nightblue (from what I knew) decided to do a human (don't know class yet).

I'm not sure what Moai and Burtzum is up to, so you guys need to put on something, or come up to MSN so we can bring everyone on the same page. I think it is important that we make sure everyone has picked a character, pose some kind of design up, so we'll know we have diversity as to race, gender and class.

After we decided on what character we're going to do, the next thing is to refine our design, add common elements so the design looks coherent, looks like all these characters are from the same world. I'm going for a Japanese/Chinese look, Nightblue is going for tibetan. Nightblue will add some Japanese pattern on the fabric, I'll do the same with my character, so we'll have something in common. Another good way to bring everything together is by color scheme. One good example would be Jessibean's team, their color is very well designed, very traditional.

Then we need to think about presentation. If we're all agreed with the band idea, then we probably need to bring in some instrument element to our design. My girl could be the dancer (she's holding a fan, I guess that sort of make sense). If you feel that the band idea is too distracting from your design, or you don't feel like bringing in instrument element to your character, we can think of something else.

Also, do we have time to do character turn around sheet? I think that would be neat to have something like that showing, make our presentation look professional.

Well, I think we're doing a pretty good job so far, let's keep up the good work!

Last edited by fluorine; August 10th, 2009 at 05:33 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm back home!

Nightblue, that character is looking nice. Coherent costume design, nice colors, good personality. The far leg is a little too short, even taking foreshortening into account, but overall it's quite nice.

Fluorine- I'm liking your designs a lot. Very sexy, and I like the way the designs and accessories contrast in the good and evil versions. I'm glad you decided to cover her up a bit more, too. Makes the design more believable. At this point, my only worry is that the designs may be too complex, to many separate bits and accessories. However, another part of me likes the complexity. I think, though, that you should be careful when designing the colors for all these costume bits, so that they eye isn't confused and pulled in too many directions.

As I've said, I was in Seattle this past weekend, which was why I was not available for any discussions and did not post any new designs. I have one more character idea to draw before I decide which one I'm going for.

As far as common design characteristics go, here are my ideas. East Asian design influence and patterning. A red-gold color scheme; this fits with the last few colored designs that have been posted (including mine ) and also with the East Asian theme. Perhaps darker and less saturated colors for the evil versions.

I've stated my opinion on the band idea in messenger a few times, but I don't know if everyone's heard it yet, so I'll post it here again. I feel that adding a musical element to each character could work, potentially very well. The musical instrument chosen and its design could contribute greatly to character and personality, and be an interesting way to connect all the designs. However, I don't think that music should be the defining element for every design; for most of the character designs, it would be more of a background element. The reason for this is that I simply don't like the idea of every character being completely musical-based, and because to have every character be a bard or musician would go against the randomness and variety that are part of this activity's requirements.

I think we potentially have enough time for a turn around sheet. A week for the turn around, a week for the light portrait, a week for the dark portrait, more or less. It might work.

I'll be available to chat on Messenger sometime after 7 ish in my time zone, probably.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Moai ~ Too much accessories has always been one of my problems, which end up making my design too busy. I'll remove some of the little things.

I think rich red and gold (fall color) would work well with out oriental approach, Here's a color pallet i found online. I think one good way to have coherent color is that we all choose color from the same pallet.

I agree with your interpretation about the band idea. I think we should go towards that direction, if necessary, I can add an instrument to my character as well. If we're happy with the band, I think the poster presentation would work, like those old sideshow/carnival ads. The poster is actually from the 50s, but you get what I meant.

Looking forward to see your new sketch~

33. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another quick character sketch. I'm not exactly sure what he is. I picked some colors from that poster Fluorine posted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hm dg the ideas you guys come up with 0_o
    that last character is very unique, love the trollish behaviour andthe gear is stellar!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A very lame attempt to learn from Adrian Wilkins and his totally awesome movement design

I didn't realize until I finish...she didn't even use her primary weapon....ah......

38. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flourine - seeing you work makes me pant.
    Amazing stuff, big fan

40. The Following User Says Thank You to bakadoodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another movement study~~~I try to get the camera angle consistent...for the most part...LOL~~~and she get to use her primary weapon! yeah~

another big "THANK YOU" to Adrian Wilkins!!! I didn't know doing movement can be so much fun~~~

Last edited by fluorine; August 11th, 2009 at 10:46 PM.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.