Art: Tokyo Night Hawk

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Tokyo Night Hawk

Yeap. Done.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I still just a Juvenille Delinquent...
    coferosa.deviantart.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey man, the image has a direct impact on my eyes though I think you need to sharpen it up a bit, it´s pretty impressionistic when it comes to details, they observer´s eye needs feeding hehe.

work some more, good stuff

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Direct impact on the eyes- yes, but I dont think this image is done. If you posted this in the Critique Forum, you would've recieved some much needed advice.

There are anatomical issues with the character, colour and lighting issues with the background, and overall image. The Characters torso, is at an off angle, to its bottom half; the trousers/pants are rather large- I take it, you were trying to make them baggie?
    -the white light behind your character, doesn't sit well and looks unsure; also, the light overall is the same brightness and color, which, doesnt separate the foreground and background; this also goes for the breath mist, its too dense;
    -The background; Some varying coloured light, imagery, defining edges (eg: shop signs, traffic lights, street lamps etc) would give effect that this background is vibrant city;
    -the texturing on the pants is rather random, and doesnt carry on through the character, or the rest of the image..

You need to define your light sources, and each indiviual light sources strengths and directions. Not all light is going to be as bright as you made it -I understand the effect you are trying to gain - but what you have done has made your painting difficult to read. This image also lacks colour, and at night, there would be some colour seen.
    The background is kinda vague. I know there are buildings there, but, the space separating the character and background is confusing, and unsure.

Apologise, if this is crit is harsh, but, I think you could work on this some more, if not just to finish your image, but also, for your own experience.
    More studying of human anatomy and how cloth sits on the figure would help you, and also, some colour & light knowledge. Get yourself some photographic references and use them to help guide you to what you want to portrait. Sketch out your painting, and experiment with colour and light.

My two pennies,
    Molly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Direct impact on the eyes- yes, but I dont think this image is done. If you posted this in the Critique Forum, you would've recieved some much needed advice.

There are anatomical issues with the character, colour and lighting issues with the background, and overall image. The Characters torso, is at an off angle, to its bottom half; the trousers/pants are rather large- I take it, you were trying to make them baggie?
    -the white light behind your character, doesn't sit well and looks unsure; also, the light overall is the same brightness and color, which, doesnt separate the foreground and background; this also goes for the breath mist, its too dense;
    -The background; Some varying coloured light, imagery, defining edges (eg: shop signs, traffic lights, street lamps etc) would give effect that this background is vibrant city;
    -the texturing on the pants is rather random, and doesnt carry on through the character, or the rest of the image..

You need to define your light sources, and each indiviual light sources strengths and directions. Not all light is going to be as bright as you made it -I understand the effect you are trying to gain - but what you have done has made your painting difficult to read. This image also lacks colour, and at night, there would be some colour seen.
    The background is kinda vague. I know there are buildings there, but, the space separating the character and background is confusing, and unsure.

Apologise, if this is crit is harsh, but, I think you could work on this some more, if not just to finish your image, but also, for your own experience.
    More studying of human anatomy and how cloth sits on the figure would help you, and also, some colour & light knowledge. Get yourself some photographic references and use them to help guide you to what you want to portrait. Sketch out your painting, and experiment with colour and light.

My two pennies,
    Molly

Whoa... thanks Molly, I'll save this.
    I love critique so much, don't care how harsh it is.

I still just a Juvenille Delinquent...
    coferosa.deviantart.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.