Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cops protect and service eachother (warning image is a result of my rage)

Thanks

Cops protect and service eachother (warning image is a result of my rage)

Cops protect and service eachother (warning image is a result of my rage)

THE POLICE PROTECT AND SERVICE EACHOTHER. Thats right these bitch asses are charging my friend with a felony for assulting an officer when he reached up to grab a railing seince he was drunk. They tackled him and put there knees into his head. Cuffed him and put him in jail. Let me repeat that ... he put his hand above his head and they tackled him. Assulting an officer is considered a felony charge so my friends life will pritty much be a bitch after trying to get jobs with assult felonys is like fishing in a barrel the only way your going to catch a fish is if you got a friend who puts a fish in there for ya. Im extremly pissed i have only ever encountered cops with ego trips that instantly lable me as criminal. Talking down to me as if i had done something wrong. I PAY FOR THESE MOTHER FUCKERS TO WORK THEY SHOULD BE CALLING ME SIR. Who elts up in here have been disrespected by the cops?

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenseye For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Posting drunk and angry. Always a great idea.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    First off; Calm down. Your rage will do nothing but fester and cause more harm than good.

If you were drunk, and it does sound like you still are; How are you going to defend your friend being that you're a witness? I'm only guessing.

I'm not taking anyone's side in this due to knowing there are good cops and bad cops. They're people like us. Power can go to one's head and it's sad when they abuse it. I was in the military for five years, and there is a general sense of disdain for the police because it tends to be the bad ones that get coverage and we trust them to protect our families from the bad guys at home while we protect them from them bad guys abroad. It also bothers a lot of us because we take leave to come home and see the encroachment of police on people at events where they're supposed to simply keep the peace rather than attack people.

But not all of them are like this. I struggle with stereotyping police, myself. But I've had some that, even when I'm in cuffs, treated me with respect and left the level of pain up to me. I've had others that abused their power as well. Very directly.

With that being said; Sober up, clear your thoughts, get your story straight, and do whatever you can to help your friend. A felony is a tough charge, but it can be fought and defeated depending on witness testimony, physical evidence, your friend's intoxication, your own(if applicable), the reason police even showed up, etc.

I would suggest you be courteous and talk with someone, in person, in the legal society. If they aren't willing to speak with you for free; speak with someone who knows this process in detail here. I'm not certain, but judging by his presented knowledge and the assumptions that are prevalent; Arttorney may be your best bet.

Nice graphic BTW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostValkyrie View Post
    even when I'm in cuffs
    I want to hear this story...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostValkyrie View Post
    even when I'm in cuffs, treated me with respect and left the level of pain up to me.
    Woaaa! Kinky!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivory_Oasis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My take on cops is when you are around some of the worst elements in our society on a daily basis, yeah, you'll probably start expecting the worst out of people. If you spent all day every day with liars, after a while you'd come to expect that everyone is a liar, and you'd treat people as such. Does this excuse their behavior? Not at all, but at least in my mind it helps me to understand it better. There are some cops who abuse their position of power, but it isn't all of them.

As for your situation, or your buddy's more accurately, I expect he'll get that charge thrown out. It would be pretty hard to sell a felony assault on an officer if he didn't touch one. If the facts are as simple as you are saying, it will be fine. Most of that kind of thing is a scare tactic to get people under control, or to put pressure on them.

Thanks
    Yeah....Whenever I've had to deal with cops I turn on the charm. I've been "in trouble" a couple of times, but I've never been arrested and I credit that to treating the cops involved with the respect they want to be treated with. Of course I've never been in a violent situation with them, and the cops didn't start off all that aggressively so it wasn't quite like this situation. I'm also 6'4 and 250lbs so I guess I can be a bit physically intimidating to some. I say all of that because I'm on the fence about cops...On one hand I feel bad for them. Pretty much every person they deal with is probably, for one reason or another having the worst day of their life. As a part of your job people are going to try to kill you, and many people are going to despise what you represent.
    On the other hand, growing up in a fairly rural area I've seen the people that often grow up and become cops, and I feel like I can say that there's at least a certain percentage who are in it for the power, and do abuse their positions. A friend of mine has actually been following, as a reporter, the corruption case of the Sheriff of Buncombe County (Asheville, NC) and he was recently sentanced to 15 years in prison for all sorts of corrupt shit.

FORMER BUNCOMBE COUNTY SHERIFF BOBBY MEDFORD and CO-DEFENDANTS SENTENCED IN U.S. DISTRICT COURT Medford Receives 15 Years for Corruption, Extortion, and Money Laundering ASHEVILLE, N.C. – Gretchen C. F. Shappert, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, announced that Bobby Lee Medford, 63 years of age, the former Sheriff of Buncombe County, was sentenced on October 6, 2008 in federal court in Asheville to a total period of imprisonment of 15 years, to be followed by three years of supervised release. The sentence also requires Medford to forfeit $287,776 in proceeds of his criminal activities, and to pay to the Court a special assessment of $1,100. The sentencing follows Medford’s convictions in federal court in Asheville on May 15, 2008, following a trial of almost three weeks, of conspiring to enrich himself unlawfully by extorting money from persons involved in the illegal video poker machine business in Buncombe County beginning October 1, 2000 and continuing through December 3, 2006.

Medford was convicted of depriving the citizens of Buncombe County of the right to his honest services, performed free from deceit, favoritism, self-enrichment, self-dealing, concealment, and conflict of interest, by participating in a conspiracy related to illegal video poker machine businesses while employed as sheriff and as a sheriff’s special deputy for Buncombe County. Medford was also convicted of conspiring to obstruct local or state law enforcement, and of conspiring to commit money laundering.
    the whole write up

Another thing that scares the shit out of me is the increasing militarization of police departments. The more the police look like the military the more you know some shit is going wrong in our society. The police forces involved in "policing" the Republican National Convention last year looked like some cross between a paramilitary goon and the Combine from HalfLife2. They had been given millions of dollars by the federal government to buy new toys and build enclosures to house protesters.

Here's a map of botched "Paramilitary" raids on either innoncent, or non-violent offenders houses by SWAT teams. Incidentally SWAT teams have only been in existence since the late 60's and are by no means some long established and accepted branch of policing. I won't deny the original purpose behind them, combating heavily armed, and organized offenders such as gangs, and organized crime groups. However they are increasingly used simply to serve regular warrents. This testimony to the House Subcommittee on Crime mentions
    Peter Kraska, a criminologist at the University of Eastern Kentucky, estimates we’ve seen a startling 1,500 percent increase in the use of SWAT teams in this country from the early 80s until the early 2000s. And the vast majority of these SWAT raids are for routine warrant service.
    and

800 times per week in this country, a SWAT team breaks open an American’s door, and invades his home. Few turn up any weapons at all, much less high-power weapons. Less than half end with felony charges for the suspects. And only a small percentage end up doing significant time in prison.
    I'm not saying that in certain, rare situations the force provided by a SWAT team might not be necessary, however I always thought that's what the FBI was for. Looking at the evidence it seems that in many, if not most situations the tactics employed by SWAT teams made up of local police actually aggravate non-violent or potentially violent situations into full blown shootouts, or result in the accidental killing of non-violent suspects. In Fairfax VA last year the SWAT team was called out to serve a warrant on an optometrist who was suspected of being a sports bookie, and took several bets from an undercover officer. Officially, one of the officers, with 17 years of experience, accidentally discharged his .45 and shot the suspect in the chest...The officer received 120 hours of suspension without pay, and no charges were filed against him. Article
    Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cthogua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthogua View Post
    Another thing that scares the shit out of me is the increasing militarization of police departments. The more the police look like the military the more you know some shit is going wrong in our society. The police forces involved in "policing" the Republican National Convention last year looked like some cross between a paramilitary goon and the Combine from HalfLife2. They had been given millions of dollars by the federal government to buy new toys and build enclosures to house protesters.
    [/URL]
    The DNC was even worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 473 Posts
    Honestly, I have never once been disrespected by cops.
    Even with the WTO riots in Seattle and the Seattle police department getting a bad rap for how some of that was handled...the cops up here have always been incredibly nice to me when I have been pulled over, courteous and understanding when I have a legitimate excuse, and professional when I have deserved a ticket.

One time I was mugged in college and the response time was under 5 minutes and the 4 officers that assisted me and my friends were simply awesome people.

I have no doubt people have had bad experiences and I'm not saying corruption and powertripping cops don't exist...but I have nothing but respect for these men that have some of the hardest jobs out there.

You'll get no "f*ck da po-po" rally support from me.
    Sorry your friend got in trouble, though.

-D

Thanks
    Your friend had to have been doing something to get the cops' attention. Cops just don't come and arrest you.

I lived in a bad place, so I've had a lot of experience with cops. Probably one cop I met was an asshole and all of the rest were passionate and caring about their jobs. I love cops. They used to host a pool part at the park and give us treats. They were always helpful and they always did their job. I could hug a bunch of cops right now than I would.

From my experience, cops will leave you alone and even be friendly to you unless you're doing some shit that you don't need to be doing. People usually blame cops for their own errors. For people that put their lives on the line, they sure get insulted too often.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JJacks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I debated whether or not I wanted to respond to this, and for better or worse, I will.

I actually work for my Sheriff's office as a dispatcher and 911 calltaker, and I have to deal with this kind of attitude more than I'd ever care to. I've been called every name in the book and bitched out by people asking for my help, for no reason at all. I've had to listen to people die over the phone while our deputies were racing, lights and sirens, to give their assistance. And in the year and a half that I have worked for this agency, three of our deputies have given their lives in the line of duty, murdered by people who have absolutely no respect at all for life. While there was a great deal of support from the community, there was also a shocking amount of animosity from people who simply hate the institution of the police. So understand that I take this a little personally.

Are there bad officers in the world? Are some on power trips? Of course. People are people, and there are enough bad ones for every profession. I can't comment on your friend's predicament because I don't know the details, but from what I've experienced officers don't just pull charges out of thin air, or jump on people simply because they can. Even if that was the case with your friend, railing against every officer that's ever worn a uniform is just as unfair.

And as a side note, there is nothing more aggravating than having people throw the "I pay for you to work" thing around. I pay for my own salary, too.

Good luck with your friend, if he really didn't do anything I hope he gets cleared of the charges.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    When I was probably at the lowest point in my life some of the best advice and support that I got came from a priest who had previously been a cop for the LAPD. His reason for pursuing both jobs was a desire to help people. The reason that he went to being a preist was the hope that helping someone might occur in a way that included a little less violence.

In all the cases where I've encountered officers thay have been entirely professional and I have had no problem with how they have conducted themselves towards me. This includes the time that I'd been detained and searched for having been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the multiple times I've been pulled over (usually for traffic offences that I was definately guilty of but got out of after all was said and done).

I honestly have to wonder what it is that your friend was doing in the first place for that to happen to him, because I think there must be something that you are leaving out. It may be that the action of reaching for the pole to steady himself triggered their reaction, but what was the scenario that caused them to be on gaurd leading them to misinterpret his actions? It is obvious that there must have been something to lead them to the scene in the 1st place, as it is highly unlikely that the officers were just passing by and got the notion into their head to just run up to some guy and start beating on him.

Thanks
    Alright first thing i will say is that i did deal with a officer in inner city and to me he stood his limits on where to move the conversation and did seem simply interested in the facts. Im also not saying that cops that have these ego power trips dont do good things. I dont belive there corrupt cops i do belive that there perspectives are that there working for the good of everyone. Never the less the cops ive had to deal with most with in my life are suburban cops. If you have lived in the suburbs you know that nothing really ever goes down. I mean a robery here and there ... Other then that its pritty much speeding tickets and nailing younger people at partys and those who are dumb enough to drive away. One of my aquantince freinds told me once about how his dad and his cop friends were sitting around drinking a beer and laughing about how they tazed the captain of the high school football team. They have marked 2 of my friends with personal vendettas and litterally have arrested them at any account they possibly can. One of my friends went to samoa for a year of rehab. This is his house that this party took place at he didnt even drink. His brother got 7 cases of beer. My friend who went away and had just come back was the first person the cops arrested when they came into the house on probable cause and are trying to charge him for throwing a party. I mean for fucks sake he was sleeping and they arrested him first before anyone who was drinking. They called back up 4 officers for 9 people at the house. 3 of the people were let go with mips and thats fine do your job but thats where the problem lies they hot headed mother fuckers made fun of my friends. they started putting in there own comments like a group of little kids trying to pick on people. Of course my friends who are drunk are only going to react the same way and start making fun of them. This is when my friend had reached above his head and they tackled him. a 4 to 6 ratio at this point. Yeah at this point they were deffinitly looking to get off on some adrenaline rush. 2 people cuffed a third on the ground they were pushing people in every way they could to get them to react and get emotions involved. My one friend ran up when they they tackled him and if it wasnt for my other friend hold him back this situation could have even gone worse. In the end though what did they didnt give a fuck about what they were doing and whos lifes they were ruining. My friend got out last night finally on bail they wouldnt put him on bail until his parrents came there and demanded they do. We gathered the cash to get him out and they wouldnt let us. Thats pritty much the full story so if you think in anyway that my friends were just quiet and accepting the abuse from these cops that are representing the law no they struck back at every insult they recieved. What do you expect too there drunk. But the cops should have done no more then give people mips and been on there way.

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast