Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Team CHOW II - Team Thundercats are GO!

Thanks
    Sorry for the asspats, but this is so awesome you guys! So many great ideas already, can't wait to see where you end up Keep going!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ticktocker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey guys Im a huge fan of all of your work and this thread is looking really really nice so far and its only cause I honestly like your work so much that I say this. Having looked over the main thread Daestwen posted some really specific stuff about this being "high fantasy" and hence late dark ages/early middle ages. This was written specifically in reference to someone's question about early firearms. In any case middle ages ended around the 16th century which would make your 18th century setting a bit too late. I hate to nitpick but it would be a real shame if you guys didnt win or whatever because of the time period. Anyway best of luck. You guys are tearing this chow up so far.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ¿Dubious? For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up, dubious... I've asked for clarification, but I did read the wiki before hand and it says high fantasy is everything from LOTR to CS Lewis to His Dark Materials, and those are all in wildly different time frames. So based on the definition of High Fantasy I think we're kosher, and the brief doesn't specify a time period.

I will let you Thundercats know what I hear back about this...
    :/

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey guys you are all doing awesomeee work ! Sentinel the crow and the lynx are ACE ! And hygami just looovee that fox ! ^^
    Anyway, I didn't posted anything, cause I'm still searching. I tried to start a crow thing yesterday, but well it wasnt good at all, now I'm kind of stuck, I dont know what to do, you guys are so quick !! I think I will try to find something for humans.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Tarrisse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    No rush, Markus... just scribble and see if anything comes to you. The crows are proving to be a challenge for us, all, we will work them out. Tackling humans would be awesome... or maybe thinking about the kinds of ways magic is used in this world - maybe it is used to power weapons, light houses, maybe some people control other creatures to control their powers (this could explain why humans are on top of the food chain, as it were...?)

I had a kind of slow sketching day yesterday (Sundays are so busy!) Will see if I can wrap these things up and post them later today...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Hey guys, just to clear up, I posted in the main thread but I might have been kind of vague, so.

Team Thundercats is in the clear for this.

Just try to keep the modern weaponry to a minimum. :] Thankee kindly.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Adrian Wilkins is offline well not much I'm 20, I'm a hobbiest and working to be pro some day
    Thanks
    So here is something new
    was thinking of a bat/troll
    gave her some rasta hair
    tried to work out a bit of subsurface scattering on the ears though its B/W
    hope its ok

edit: sorry for the boobs was rushing cuz I wanted to post D: will rework them
    Team CHOW II - Team Thundercats are GO!Team CHOW II - Team Thundercats are GO!
    Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 3rd, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    OMG, that is amazing Hygami!! Her face is gorgeous! We HAVE to use this character- what kind of class did you have in mind for her?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ok guyssssssssss !! we are doing reallyyy fine ! Hygami, the bat is really good but you already know that
    Well here's my try to the yeti/barbarian class (just a start !!).
    Hygami suggested to me to put some horns on it, so I did 3 different horns, you tell me what is better with horn ? without horn ? with hair ? without ha...

Attachment 741697
    Attachment 741698

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark Tarrisse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Markus - The first set of horns is totally win! They look VERY impressive and imposing. What if they curled down on either side of the face, more ram-like? Might give us another wise, sagey kind of race of beings...? I love his face!

Hygami - I am with everyone else, the bat species is totally inspired. I think we should run with it more...

So while I am working out some sketches and since you guys are totally running with creature/species creation, I decided to tackle a little more of the world aesthetic, specifically costume and the costume shape language. I went ahead and scanned a TON of costume ref from one of my favorite costume reference books (this one here: http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Histor...9319335&sr=1-1 ) and from a book that covers military tech - tried to find something contemporary to the late 18th c. so we can think about designing weapons with this era's kind of materials and shapes in mind...

(these are huge to show detail, but if I am spamming the thread too much I can resize them... I also have the original res if anyone wants these for ref.)

Attachment 741711 Attachment 741712 Attachment 741714 Attachment 741715 Attachment 741717 Attachment 741718
    Attachment 741719 Attachment 741720
    Attachment 741721 Attachment 741722 Attachment 741724 Attachment 741725 Attachment 741726 Attachment 741727 Attachment 741728 Attachment 741729 Attachment 741730 Attachment 741731

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Adrian Wilkins is offline well not much I'm 20, I'm a hobbiest and working to be pro some day
    Thanks
    waahaaha Jessi thanks ALOT for the refs!
    Uhm I'm not sure yet about the class of the Bat but Markus gave me the idea of a scout!
    So uhm... Since we had some problems illustrating the crow...I gave it a try

Crow/Goblin
    Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 3rd, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    First I want to say that I took one look at those pictures and bought the book. These references are AMAZING, thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to get it in the mail and look at it in person!

I was feeling a little stuck but these really got me inspired. I finally decided that rather than looking evil, the fox/hobbit could simply use his intelligence and cunning in a sinister way!

What better than the Royal Tax Collector, or maybe head of the Treasury? He's an expert at devising ways to cheat people out of their money and get away with it. He's wealthy beyond imagination and paranoid about losing it - which has lead to the demise of many potential threats either real or imagined. Perhaps he's a regular employer of our spider/assassin He publicly acts subservient to the ruling classes but often plays them against each other and is the mastermind behind many political scandals. He may appear small and defenseless, but cross him at your own risk.

Attachment 742022

Markus - Awesome yeti! I agree with Jessi about the horns. The first set is the best out of the three, but I think it would be cool to see what he looks like with ram horns too.

Hygami - I love what you did with his legs and how you incorporated his wings! The legs I think will be especially cool to include in the final illustration.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    haha Sentinel you totally brought me into the mood !! Really dig the the sinister Fennec !!!
    so I did a Bat sketch

nothing finished just a mood how she might look in 18th century clothing
    -the rasta hair is catched together an throwen over her shoulder to give her a more elegant look
    -the ears are leaned back, since it isn't necessary to be on guard in cities and nearby civilization
    Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 3rd, 2009 at 09:57 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast