Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    Just oooooooone more for the night... playing off of Markus' awesome spider assassin idea...

Name:  spider_assasin_small.jpg
Views: 4367
Size:  82.7 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    awwwww! I hate ugly things with big nice boobs! This thread is looking great thus far!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sirkenneth For This Useful Post:

Adrian Wilkins is offline well not much I'm 20, I'm a hobbiest and working to be pro some day
    Thanks
    Jessi you must be freakin crazy I love the designes specially the last one !! omg!
    Markus I love how you combine the character of a thief in the a spider ver well into one figure! he looks dirty and stealthy thats what I reaaly like! greatgreat job!!
    I lREALLY dig the update of your elf christina O_O!!!! let us se more stuff!

So heres A Lynx Version of A Battle Mage, the lynx cat is for me a bit like an dark elf, bt they don't have to be evil.. well the book is called
    "The Compendium Of Lexx'Jiing" she will be carrying it at her hips with a belt crossing her body up around her shoulder. The Sphere is a "Chza'Lexx Elemental Sphere" created by the Lynx especially for battlemages and got popular throuoght the decades and is now used by most of the of battle mages.

sry for the little story I will erase it if it annoys anyone

Edit: rendered it a bit and cropped the image

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 2nd, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    These sketches are fantastic! Yours is to die for Jessi!! Love the pose and design on both of the spider assassins, we are DEFINITELY going to have to use these characters for final.

And there's nothing wrong with a little backstory, Hygami! Awesome lynx battlemage, and I think her book and sphere are a great idea! That knife is kick-ass, too

I tried to sketch up a female version of your crow priest Jessi, but mine is kind of boring. :/ I also feel like she's still too human... I think I'm going try a few different head variations that are much more bird like and aggressive looking. And her anatomy itself should probably be less human. I think at least one or two characters should be more animal than anything, so we have a broader range of design.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

Adrian Wilkins is offline well not much I'm 20, I'm a hobbiest and working to be pro some day
    Thanks
    So this is a sketch of a Mantis Warlock or something...isn't worked out yet

Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 2nd, 2009 at 01:46 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hygami - the lynx is an excellent idea, I REALLY like where this could go, and the backstory is FAB, just what we need for each of these guys.

And Sentinel - this is GORGEOUS, I love how you handled the eyes and the hair, it's perfect. I really like her the way she is, but perhaps you are right, we should explore something more animal with them... I was struggling with how to incorporate the beak. I think I might have gotten an idea last night, so let me see if I can sketch it out quickly...

So to recap, we have...

Spider/Goblin - probably a sweet assassin
    Deer/Elves - I like this chatacter being something wise like a druid/sorcerer
    Lynx/Dark Elves - battle mage (so cool) - very noble, alot like our deer, which is perfect
    Crow/Orc - I had made mine a priest, but in the spirit of variation this should maybe shake up... I think crows covet shiny things and mostly hang around waiting for things to die, so maybe a thief/scavenger

I think we should maybe see if we can get a human into the mix - possibly as a warrior? It would be nice to show how they are our oppressor ruling class, too, if we want to go that route. And I might like to turn the fennec fox into a gnome/troll/hobbit kind of creature.

But that is mostly extra credit at this point, we have met the brief's requirements so far. I asked for clarification, and it seems our good and evil versions need to be the exact same character, but I thought it might be fun to show both the male and female of the species... might be too much, but we can cross that bridge when we get there, obv we aim to get the brief's requirements tacked first, then we go further.

Are there any substitutions or changes we want to make to the current lineup?
    If not, I say we REALLY hammer out the particulars of what the creatures we have look like and how they would behave (write up our character descriptions, I suppose) cause I know we can push these and make them super awesome sauce.

GOSH, we've been so productive.
    Go thundercats!

Edit: ooo, nice mantis creature, Hygami!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    great thoughts and Jessi! but from my side we could create creatures like for a week lol and look what comes out. I'm really enjoying this stage

really want to imply human? D: haha jsut joking well we coud

and with the fennec fox..well I gave it a try
    was tinking of a hobbit as you said too

so Fennec Fox/Hobbit

EDIT: was thinking the same thing Sentinel
    I'd suggest these being the smartest of all: let me try a bit of storytelling about the character.
    These creatures spend most of their time studying and gaining knowledge, though their spells are basically weaker then those of others they compensate it throughout hard work, they don't have any so called talent but still, they are the most wise and spell-skilled creatures existing because of their never ending endurance and the ability to memorize the most complex spells. thanks to them a lot of good spells are elaborated to their full extend of power. Unfortunately they aren't able to control battlespells and if they are in life-threatening sitation they tend to use battle spells very distructive though unconcsiously. Because of this reason these usually peacefull creatures refuse to lernbattlespells, they'd rather die then hurting companions.

Team CHOW II - Team Thundercats are GO!

Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 3rd, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good lynx, meet pissed off evil lynx! Just wanted to take a stab at making Hygami's character look mean It's really rough but I wanted to show you all before I went to sleep. The book is totally off, it's more a placeholder than anything - I figure it can be levitating in front of her while she's casting spells from her orb. Still need to figure out some sinister looking clothing tho

I agree with Hygami, this stage is really really fun! I think we could keep this up forever I'd still like to see the yeti visualized so we have a good selection of final characters to choose from (and maybe some humans, or even another insect or reptile like race). With the rate we've been working we can probably get that by tomorrow evening. Then we can tighten up the best designs for the next couple of days and have a solid three weeks to do our entries. I'm really hoping we can do full backgrounds and polished rendering.

The fox looks perfect! He looks scholarly, like a librarian or book keeper or something!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sentinel. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Christian!! great great wonderful job!! just keep it comin' I'm really excited *_*!!! the expression is kickass!

edited the previous post and wrote a little story to the fennec so if you're interested, hope you like it..

ooh I'd like to sketch some enviros like these I studied from Gaser

Team CHOW II - Team Thundercats are GO!

but that would be too much wouldn't it?

btw random boooks are totally win! uber awesome!

Last edited by Adrian Wilkins; August 2nd, 2009 at 04:33 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Wilkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You guys! Those are SO AWESOME... the lynx has to be in for sure. I think you've nailed the evil version, sentinel, her expression is brilliant. And those enviros are stunning, hygami! I wonder if you could tackle some late 18th century looking city scenes (like the old house in the top right of the Perfume inspiration board), to go with our sort-of theme? Oh, these gave me goosebumps, they are just lovely! (can you teach me how to do that?!)

And I am sorry I kinda jumped the gun, I just fret about having enough time (not a you guys thing, a me thing... I like to fret ) I am totally cool with working out a schedule where we keep fleshing out ideas for a week and then dive into rendering after - I'm just glad to be setting a schedule so we can really give this tons of polish.

And since Hygami threw down the gauntlet, I say we go into full on world design mode and name the city where they live, and write a back history, a little history and a name for each character, etc. etc., to really round the whole presentation out. I have a feeling we can handle the extra credit work

Oh man, I have to go draw moar....

PS: Oh yeah, Hygami, that little fox dude is just what I was hoping he would be... very cool!

Last edited by JessiBean; August 2nd, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,123 Posts
    I really didn't want to comment, and I'm sorry for the interruption but.... everyone is watching this thread

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    oh............you guys are too....................awesome...............

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aaron Death For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't know if I'm suppose to post in here, so I'm sorry if I'm not.... but... holy shit.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadow Stalker For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2