Getting Freelance, Pricing, Jobs, and Promotion Closed - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Night courses!!! Yes, please! Very, very interested.

I'm currently waiting tables to supplement my income and Saturdays are tough to give up, monetarily speaking.

Weekday nights would be stellar.

And just to throw my two cents in, $95 per course is cheap. I would take a class (maybe more) every weekend/week at that price.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sold. I assume you get breaks during the session as, I think, Jason is human, the same as everyone else. Needs brain, nutritional, and toilet breaks.

How are the questions asked, within a forum format or via voice/text chat?

All I have to say is how the heaven have you gained such a client list! I guess that will be explained and much more this coming weekend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason is not human, he just needs some apples to fight bears (yes, there are breaks)

There is a chat during the classes so people post their questions and Jason takes some time to answer them between explanations, I think that worked pretty well btw

Can't wait to Saturday!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Any chance this live course will work better than the colour theory one for Italian people?
    I'm interested but if nothing has changed in the technical side I'm afraid to spend $95 for not being able to interact or even understand the lecture.
    Jason have you done some tests with italian people since last live lecture?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,094 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I know not everyone can make it to all of them. I am thankful for the support though. I think, as time goes on we will run about four classes each week to get going. First, as usual, I have to prove it all works and since I need to raise the money for the new tech that is ordered, I have to put the work in. I have a lot to share though.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Four classes a week??? Wow. Once you get that planned out, could you let us know several classes in advance what classes will be running so that people can figure out which of the classes they want to budget for?

I think I'm going to take the hit and attend this class. Just sounds way too important to my future to pass up. I'll have to pass on the next couple though. Ugh, sometimes I really wish I was not wasting my time and money at school. I learn so much more through CA and MB, and for so much less money.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh Jason, you're turning me into a poor student >:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW another class by Jason!!

Damn I wont be around this weekend but still going to pay for it as (words cant describe it) it's much better than another forum that does classes in a thread, were the teacher appears once a week for 8 weeks... and it costs 4x more!! and isnt live and interactive and watchable for 30 days. People dont understand the value of information this guy is giving away that cost him a lot of sweat, blood and tears to get were he is now. Jason will save me all that for attending these classes.

So I thank you once again for sharing the knowledge and not keeping it to yourself and becoming a selfish millionaire

Liffey im gonna rely on you again to take notes like the Colour Theory, much appreciated for that as the 1st lecture wasnt recorded properly.

Jason it would be nice for people who cant watch it live, to be able to post ready made questions in the private thread before the session so you can review them and answer them live. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Booth View Post
    Damn I wont be around this weekend but still going to pay for it as (words cant describe it) it's much better than another forum that does classes in a thread, were the teacher appears once a week for 8 weeks... and it costs 4x more!! and isnt live and interactive and watchable for 30 days.
    Sorry but while I agree that the live interaction is a very good chance for us to speak with the teachers I must be honest and say taht an 8 week course can let you learn even more because of the continuous interaction with the teacher for this very long time (8 weeks instead of 6 hours). I think that receive assignements and look how the teacher correct the errors or let your paint become better with only a few touches is an unvaluable learning tool. Of course if the 8 week teacher sucks and the live teacher it's great it's another thing but in my personal experience I can assure you that my 8 weeks course with Don Seegmiller helped my artistic growth a lot, in fact much more than everything else I have tried so far.

I agree with the rest of your post and I thanks Jason and MB for what they're doing for us all and I'll continue to support then as much as I can.

Last edited by Theking78; July 28th, 2009 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Liffey im gonna rely on you again to take notes like the Colour Theory, much appreciated for that as the 1st lecture wasnt recorded properly.
    Heh, alright, but don't let that keep you from taking your own notes too! I've found it helps to cement things in my mind by writing them down.

Last edited by Ian Barker; July 28th, 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll try to be in, but I'm not sure if my connection will handle it. During the Composition test-stream my low bandwidth couldnt keep up with the stream in the end.

A downloadable version would be perfect, but I understand the piracy concerns.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of yous mentioned other educators Jason is competing against. I just need to whisper in your ear in extremely loud volume: THERE IS NO COMPETITION!!!

Take colour theory: if you look hard you can find some sources (some books, a couple of DVDs, some teachers I'm sure) that will give you a solid theory base.

Now find me someone who is expert in the theory and can relate all that knowledge to entertainment design.

Now find me someone who is expert in the theory, can relate all that knowledge to entertainment design, and can make that information easy to understand.

Now find me someone who is all of the above, and is therefore slammed with paying art jobs constantly, who still gives huge amount of time to share that knowledge for no personal $$ gain?

You see where I'm going?

The business stuff: on last day of Marama workshop, Jason gave a short talk on this topic. I listened, took notes and said to myself, 'Why was I not told this stuff before? It's so important!' About a month later, I changed jobs and what do you know, all the stuff that Jason talked about showed up in that contract: the NDA, 2-year non-compete, the IP ownership clause, the vague-as-mud specs... all the evil sh-t that Jason talked about was right there. And instead of being bullied into signing whatever was put in front of me, I understood everything and was able to negotiate with confidence and got a fair deal.

So yeah every time I hear Manley talk I learn a bunch that immediately move me closer to where I want to go in art. I can go on about his free composition talk, but I won't because 1) I sound like such an infomercial that I'm beginning to creep myself out, and 2) it's time for me to shuddafugup and actually post some work.

Before I go I'll just show you how you too can make a tasty guacamole with the Manleyriser in just seconds! K?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by silikind View Post
    Some of yous mentioned other educators Jason is competing against. I just need to whisper in your ear in extremely loud volume: THERE IS NO COMPETITION!!!
    It wasn't my intention to put in competition Jason with Don (I prefer to use the names of people I speak about instead of remaining general), first because I didn't have been teached by both of them on the same subject, second because I think they're both great artists and I have very much to learn from both of them for sure and third because anyone of us has a different learning method so a good teacher for a person can be not as good for another one and I don't have the knowledge to elige the best teacher of the Universe.

I was just saying that an 8 week course with a good teacher is a very effective way to become a better artist. I tried this on my skin and it worked and I supposed you did not (or your teacher was bad) from what you're saying...
    I firmly believe this and it's not a chance that I asked Jason if in the future also him will be available to do a course extended in time, with assignments and painting review. I know Jason would be great in doing this and since his reply I also know that maybe the next year this will be possible

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Theking78 - Apologies but i wasnt talking about Don as I cant comment on that since ive never paid for one of his lesson and I paid for a different course. I dont mention names of teachers or forums as then a big debate flame war starts and its not my place to start things like this. Again the teacher i paid for was not Don. They were hardly on the net. And to post max 3 pages of notes a week is beyond a joke for an 8 week course.
    If your gonna use names its best kept in private messages and be asked who taught you etc.

You have your opinion and I have my own opinion. No bad feelings taken.

Liffey - As I said earlier I wont be able to make it this weekend, yet I will still pay for it and take notes when watching it on demand. Just some info might not get picked up via my ears so its good to compare notes with others.

Silikind - I agree with stuff you have said. Even learning that 1% can make a difference for later on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a calendar of upcoming paid events like classes and downloads would be great,
    but you guys are flying by the seat of your pants working your asses off to get this stuff up and running--just keep it up man, the community definitely appreciates it!!

This is not something that you can practice like color theory and composition
    this is something that you have to learn from someone who's been there, done that, and gives you a sense of direction so you don't fall into a death trap with money and a failed career from a lack of business sense rather than from a lack of skill or talent.

I look forward to it and gonna stomp on anything that comes up this weekend so that I can attend this lesson possibly.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have your opinion and I have my own opinion. No bad feelings taken.
    No bad feeling at all, we're mate in the same community! Rock on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think you know how thankful people are (or atleast i am) that you're covering this kind of stuff and not charging an arm and a leg for it. I think i've learned more from concept art and these classes, than i have in an entire semester of art school.
    So Thanks Jason!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint-Onge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason thanks in advance for this one, CA is the best place on the net-Full of goodness and greatness.
    I'm eternally grateful you had this brainchild for us all to benefit from- If there is a god he will lend my broke butt 95 to be in on this!

Put The Kettle On!
    My CA Thread:TM's Cave
    Visit Me:TeaMonsterUK.com
    Contact Me:info@teamonsteruk.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    argh, damn my brokeness! any chance this class will repeat in the coming months?

btw, do you live stream every class or just record it once and replay?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really really want to attend this, but I am really short on cash for a month or two, so I was wondering...

Will you be repeating any of your live classes, or perhaps recording them and selling the recordings later? I would love to attend more when my cash is a bit less nonexistent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal Lee View Post
    I really really want to attend this, but I am really short on cash for a month or two, so I was wondering...

Will you be repeating any of your live classes, or perhaps recording them and selling the recordings later? I would love to attend more when my cash is a bit less nonexistent.
    I second that, I really really want to attend this class but this is the worst time for me financially right now. I'd really like to be able to watch it or download it later on. Unless you can set up some type of payment plan so its paid over a few months instead of one big chunk.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd really love to attend all of these incredible classes myself, especially since its coming from the powerhouses who founded Massive Black. The company itself is such an incredible success story, let alone the personal success stories behind the founders themselves.
    I guess the irony here is that im too busy working in this field to be able to attend in addition to not being able to afford it, haha!

Ah well, im still grateful just to be around such amazing opportunities, and the inspirational personalities who make them happen - its a great time to be an artist.

Last edited by Cryptcrawler; July 29th, 2009 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since the money goes into updating CA I'm interested in signing up for this one.

One thing, where and how to we sign up and pay? I can't seem to find any info on that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick question, Jason: You've mentioned an upcoming downloadable video on the topic of freelancing. Will this class and that video overlap in terms of content?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argh. I want to take this class, I have the money in hand...and we may not have any power on my block Saturday morning because of construction.

I'm assuming we can pay for the class and view the stream afterwards, like I've heard was done for the Color Theory class?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriko View Post
    Argh. I want to take this class, I have the money in hand...and we may not have any power on my block Saturday morning because of construction.

I'm assuming we can pay for the class and view the stream afterwards, like I've heard was done for the Color Theory class?
    Yep. Also, there will probably be a second class time if Saturday morning doesn't work for you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jason,

How long will the lecture go for approx?

Cheers,
    Carl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxie View Post
    Hey Jason,

How long will the lecture go for approx?

Cheers,
    Carl.
    It says right in the first post, 4 hours.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, this is incredible! I'll probably not eat for the next 2 weeks! Where's the sign up sheet??!! *lol*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Such a good oppertunity... cheers for this Jason...

"...the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert..." -Johnny Cash

[misc]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.