Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Travis's 2D and 3D sketchbook

Thanks
    A tad bit larger, yes I would leave the body, its believable and its got style, its got a little weight too also. Do you remember how we talked about making a piece of work seamless?, I would apply that to the model, especially the teeth, you want to blend style and believable together, you've done it with the model too
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyKream View Post
    A tad bit larger, yes I would leave the body, its believable and its got style, its got a little weight too also. Do you remember how we talked about making a piece of work seamless?, I would apply that to the model, especially the teeth, you want to blend style and believable together, you've done it with the model too
    Made the teeth slightly larger, pushed the roots of the teeth outwards and the top of the gums behind the lips (it was crashing before). I increased the size of the teeth and changed some of their tilts and I'll see if I can push it more. Still havn't had a chance to work on the bottom gums, got off work at 11 and home at 12 tonight.

Thanks
    The top teeth work great man, at least in my opinion, looks believable to me, and it blends too, it's not obvious
    dude when you have time, you should texture the hammerhead
    Last edited by Oni No Tora and 33 sleeping demons; October 21st, 2011 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    The top teeth work great man, at least in my opinion, looks believable to me, and it blends too, it's not obvious
    dude when you have time, you should texture the hammerhead
    I'm going to finish the model and texture the hammerhead shark looking alien for my demo reel. After the shark is zbrush detailed and textured I'll probably work in the portrait of my dad first.

Moved onto the bottom gums for now, scrapped the lower gums model in the first picture and I'm making a new pattern to duplicate where I'm trying to make it feel as though the teeth pushed their way out the gums, with some tension in the flesh. Also, in the previous version there wasn't enough space between the teeth.
    Last edited by Travis Smith; October 23rd, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks
    Kiss assing:
    Looking good meng. This thing is gonna be rad once its all textured up and pretty. With all the specular highlites and fancy bump maps and shit.

Critique:
    The bottom teeth should be offset, some broken, etc. yadda yadda.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's the latest version of the bottom gums, pretty close to the point where I'll duplicated it to the proper length and form it to the right curve.

Raptor,

I'm planning to vary the tilts and sizes as much as as the top row but I might make a modified lower jaw tooth first.

Thanks
    Small update tonight, duplicated the gums into the shape of the lower jaw. Not totally happy with the size of the teeth towards the front, might increase the size of the tooth roots before I duplicate it over to the other side.

Thanks
    Not much new but I really want to try to stick to the plan KrispyKream and I agreed to to post what I'm working on everyday. I accidentily deleted the bottom gums I made last night, reformed them into the jaw shape again tonight and added the end cap. Fortunately I didn't delete the teeth so I just moved, rotated, and rescaled some of them into the new positions. Mirrored the bottom gums over to the other side.
    Hoping to have time to place the missing teeth tomorrow, followed by some refinements to make sure the gums look as though they are wrapping around the roots of the teeth.

Thanks
    Added the teeth to the other side of the gums, going to fine tune the fit of the gums tomorrow and do a test to see if serrated edge teeth would be a good option to explore (previously I was thinking of doing this in a bump/normal and or displacement map).

Thanks
    Fit the gums around one half of the bottom jaw tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to fit the teeth on the other side of the gums.

Thanks
    Finish fitting the gums around the teeth tonight, also started making the throat sock. Should be the last step before surface detailing begins in Zbrush, aside from tweaks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
    Not much new but I really want to try to stick to the plan KrispyKream and I agreed to to post what I'm working on everyday. I accidentily deleted the bottom gums I made last night, reformed them into the jaw shape again tonight and added the end cap. Fortunately I didn't delete the teeth so I just moved, rotated, and rescaled some of them into the new positions. Mirrored the bottom gums over to the other side.
    Hoping to have time to place the missing teeth tomorrow, followed by some refinements to make sure the gums look as though they are wrapping around the roots of the teeth.
    , I got ahold of another computer,I know dude, and Im extremely motivated that your sticking by to it, Im way overdue, and since im off work for awhile I will most definitely contribute, also gotta figure a way to scan larger sketches, they're turning out very blurry alot of times

Thanks
    , I got ahold of another computer,I know dude, and Im extremely motivated that your sticking by to it, Im way overdue, and since im off work for awhile I will most definitely contribute, also gotta figure a way to scan larger sketches, they're turning out very blurry alot of times
    If you don't post today me and Jeff will have to kill you. nbd.

Quick update today with some work from roughly July 2009-March 2011. In the future I'll avoid posting work so old but I never had time to post this during school so I figured no better time than now.
    Creature silhouettes - Concepts for an alien where most land animals have bird-like features. July-August 2009.
    Bike concepts - For a student game project - December 2009.
    Gyrocopter model - For a student game project - January 2010.
    Pen thumbnails - Wanted to practice composition, some compositions are just random sci-fi scenes, some are attempts to illustration parts of the book Red Mars - August 2009.
    Marker sketch - Playing around with markers.
    Life drawing - Teacher suggested we add abit of costume to fit the post, 10 mins - April 2010.
    Relaxing nude - Wanted to practice drawing women from memory.
    Cafe drawings - Random cafe drawings around Vancouver, mostly at metrotown. Was inspired by Manley's suggestion to draw hundreds/thousands of faces after watching the Zhang Lu painting vid - August 2010 to March 2010.
    Last edited by Travis Smith; October 29th, 2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Conceptart.org has the worst image uploader of all time.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast