Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Small update tonight, duplicated the gums into the shape of the lower jaw. Not totally happy with the size of the teeth towards the front, might increase the size of the tooth roots before I duplicate it over to the other side.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Not much new but I really want to try to stick to the plan KrispyKream and I agreed to to post what I'm working on everyday. I accidentily deleted the bottom gums I made last night, reformed them into the jaw shape again tonight and added the end cap. Fortunately I didn't delete the teeth so I just moved, rotated, and rescaled some of them into the new positions. Mirrored the bottom gums over to the other side.
    Hoping to have time to place the missing teeth tomorrow, followed by some refinements to make sure the gums look as though they are wrapping around the roots of the teeth.

Thanks
    Added the teeth to the other side of the gums, going to fine tune the fit of the gums tomorrow and do a test to see if serrated edge teeth would be a good option to explore (previously I was thinking of doing this in a bump/normal and or displacement map).

Thanks
    Fit the gums around one half of the bottom jaw tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to fit the teeth on the other side of the gums.

Thanks
    Finish fitting the gums around the teeth tonight, also started making the throat sock. Should be the last step before surface detailing begins in Zbrush, aside from tweaks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
    Not much new but I really want to try to stick to the plan KrispyKream and I agreed to to post what I'm working on everyday. I accidentily deleted the bottom gums I made last night, reformed them into the jaw shape again tonight and added the end cap. Fortunately I didn't delete the teeth so I just moved, rotated, and rescaled some of them into the new positions. Mirrored the bottom gums over to the other side.
    Hoping to have time to place the missing teeth tomorrow, followed by some refinements to make sure the gums look as though they are wrapping around the roots of the teeth.
    , I got ahold of another computer,I know dude, and Im extremely motivated that your sticking by to it, Im way overdue, and since im off work for awhile I will most definitely contribute, also gotta figure a way to scan larger sketches, they're turning out very blurry alot of times

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KrispyKream View Post
    , I got ahold of another computer,I know dude, and Im extremely motivated that your sticking by to it, Im way overdue, and since im off work for awhile I will most definitely contribute, also gotta figure a way to scan larger sketches, they're turning out very blurry alot of times
    If you don't post today me and Jeff will have to kill you. nbd.

Quick update today with some work from roughly July 2009-March 2011. In the future I'll avoid posting work so old but I never had time to post this during school so I figured no better time than now.
    Creature silhouettes - Concepts for an alien where most land animals have bird-like features. July-August 2009.
    Bike concepts - For a student game project - December 2009.
    Gyrocopter model - For a student game project - January 2010.
    Pen thumbnails - Wanted to practice composition, some compositions are just random sci-fi scenes, some are attempts to illustration parts of the book Red Mars - August 2009.
    Marker sketch - Playing around with markers.
    Life drawing - Teacher suggested we add abit of costume to fit the post, 10 mins - April 2010.
    Relaxing nude - Wanted to practice drawing women from memory.
    Cafe drawings - Random cafe drawings around Vancouver, mostly at metrotown. Was inspired by Manley's suggestion to draw hundreds/thousands of faces after watching the Zhang Lu painting vid - August 2010 to March 2010.
    Last edited by Travis Smith; October 29th, 2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Conceptart.org has the worst image uploader of all time.

Thanks
    Continued working on the mouth sock for the Shark, here is the progress so far. Planning to thicken the gill bands tomorrow then attach the sock to the upper and lower gums.

Thanks
    Some bad cel phone pictures today, sketches of various aliens and a sci-fi character. Also, a bit of an unintentional krogan ripoff :|

Thanks
    Going to be without an internet connect for up to two weeks. Going to try to make updates through my phone.

Here's the latest version of the shark model, just moved the mouth sock and gums together, going to refine it tonight and try to finalize the model so I can start detailing it in Zbrush.

Thanks
    Cool man, The dolphin is coming along really nicely.
    Im glad that you finished it all up last night. On to the textures Mirite?

Also, a critique. I think you have too much work on here. Maybe try and tone down the use of images a bit. It might help :/ hahahahhaa

Thanks
    Thanks man, going to make a few tweaks tonight to make sure the mouth is working properly but other than that I'll be detailing it in Zbrush hopefully on Friday night.

Here's the latest, only a shot of the uving in progress, apologies that it's not something more interesting to look at but I want to keep up with posting nearly ever day and that's all I had time to work on yesterday.

Thanks
    Reckless compositions I'd say, they look sweet man, your creatures, especially the cyborg, it looks killer, I'd prefer personally if he lose the hair, and give him forehead wrinkles. The scenes are starting to have more vitality in them, go down that road because vitality shows you have combined all the steps of drawing/painting(composition,technique, rhythm, color, light) etc. all that into one, and it gives the work more staying power, meaning how long will the viewer stay on that page to observe it

good stuff man

Thanks
    Your people and vehicles are really awesome. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billakong View Post
    Your people and vehicles are really awesome. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks billakong,

Vehicles arn't something I do very often but I'll try to do more. I'm curious, which ones did you like and possibly why?

Update for today,

Been without the internet for the past two weeks so tonight I'm going to start catching up. This first picture is for a mudbox design sculpt I'm trying for the Giants in George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. Trying to make it look like a mixture of neaderthal and gigantopithecus features with small beady molerat-like eyes. Also, I've included some pictures from the latest version of the shark which is in the process of rigging and texturing/surfacing. The first two texture shots are for the backscatter and backscatter/skin depth/thickness map. The shots from Zbrush are the fine detail for the skin, which will eventually be more subtle and less uniform in terms of depth of specific lines and by region.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast