Art: Class

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Class

Twisted Vertex Guest

Class

Hi, My first post on this forum. I am currently trying to get back into 2d work. Right now I am heavly invovled in 3d work. I feel that building upon my extremely "NOOBISH" 2d skills, my 3d work will sky rocket.

Does anybody know any drawing classes here in NYC. I have been looking around, and stumbled upon this place called the drawing room. Looks somwhat interesting, However, I am just curious if anybody knows of a good place that offers some great classes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT......while I am here, I will post a quick another QUICK question. I am experimenting with charcoal. I bought a Genreal's Charcoal penicl, EX. soft. I am attempting to sharpen in my portable sharpner. My father is telling me that I have to sharpen it with a knife, is this truly the case?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    check out the art students league there's some pretty good drawing classes there. it's on 57th street or thereabout.
    i sharpen my charcoal with a knife just for alittle unevenness, so i can use the side as well as the tip. it works better than way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uh... this doen't have to do with your question, twisted... but Real Genius is the bestest movie ever.

It's called ice Kent, it's what happens to water when it gets too cold.

i will now return you to your regularly scheduled posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Charcoal pencil question

Hey Twisted,

You do need to use a blade of some type to sharpen the charcoal pencil. A razor blade, preferrably a mat cutting razor will do the trick nicely.
    I actually wouldn't recommend using General's charcoal pencils. The glue they use to secure the charcoal shaft in the wood is very tough and difficult to scrape off delicately with a razor without accidentally breaking the charcoal.
    I would recommend using Conte's Pierre Noir 1710 charcoal pencils, Wolf's Carbon pencils, or my new favorite, Faber-Castell's Pitt Charcoal pencils. The Pitt Charcoal pencil is essentially vine charcoal in pencil form.

http://www.pixeltwisters.com/tmcguir...lierpencil.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.