Sketchbook: andres333 SKETCHBOOK - I love HARSH Criticism - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: andres333 SKETCHBOOK - I love HARSH Criticism

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    People come to CA.org to see art not to read some random guy's drama so I'll try to not spoil this thread any further.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to see this as an opportunity, thank you guys for suggesting that. I gotta work in the things I neglected because of art (i.e. body, relationships) and more importantly I need to build my integrity from scratch, if I get to do that then I'm confident everything else will fall into place auto-magically.

//Andrés

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's the way to think Andres! Never give up .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Good luck with your hand rehab.
    I honestly hope that it will be good in the end.
    You just never stop believing.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I know Algenpfleger isnt on the forums anymore, but ide suggest checking out his sketchbook. He had some tough stuff with his hands and for a time couldnt use either of them to draw. But he kept at it, and now i think we can all agree that he is a pretty prolific young artist who probably will be legendary like sparth.

If you think about it, the same "fight" and "tenacity" that it takes to overcome your issue, is probabaly similar to the "fight" and "tenacity" that you are going to need to be successful in this industry.

If you pull through and charge ahead then nothing will be able to stop you because all other issues will pale in comparison.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, this is obviously a huge bummer, but dont try to sweat it too much. I've been doodling all my life, but the point I really started taking drawing seriously was about 10 months ago. And Im 25. I wish I started at 18.

If anything there are different things you can do, like build your visual library, the way feng zhu talks about in his latest youtube video.

Also why not draw with your left hand. Yeah its huge bummer but while your recovering, its worth a shot. Dexterity might the hardest part. After that, drawing is really whats going on in your brain as im sure your aware.

Hang in there and best of luck.

Immoral Cintiq's Sketchbook

"Society will DRAW a circle that shuts me out, but my superior thoughts will DRAW me in." -Marva Collins

"Character is what you know you are not what others think you are." -Marva Collins

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Immortal Cintiq For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantasyartist:

LtPlissken: thanks for the good energy

Aryeh: Man! you're full of great advice and examples! inspiring stuff!. Thanks for checking on my SB often even though I don't even update, I really appreciate it bro. I'll return the favor some time.

Immortal Cintiq: Hey thanks for stopping by. Yeah I got lots of other things to try both art related and non-art related haha it's not like I'm gonna be idle

So I figured out that if I was going to say goodbye I might as well do it with a sketch because that's what this thing is about...

Attached Images Attached Images    

12. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andres, that's the spirit. But this doesn't have to be any kind of goodbye, not even for art. First off, stop thinking that you're creating 'drama'. Conceptart.org is a community, and I for one would damn well like to know whether you're doing well given the situation.

When I was just passing school/getting into college, art for me was just sheer practice. I wanted to grind and grind, and reach the level of the industry pros that I had in front of me. I wanted to be the best. The funny thing about that is, there is no best. If being able to recreate the 'real' was the measure for the pinnacle of art, then Chuck Close would indubitably be a greater artist than Paul Klee (taking nothing away from Close, who is terrific).

The point being, this is a good time to ask yourself what you want from art. If not understand the meaning of what you're doing, then at least define your expectations. Think of it like a sabbatical. Students who take a year off to roam around the world seldom hamper their academic careers by doing that. If anything, it helps them put things in perspective.

This reminds me of Browning's Andrea Del Sarto. If you don't know already, it's about the painter Andrea, who was considered the greatest draughtsman of his time, but he could never become a truly respected 'master'. He blames this on the love for his wife, who forced him to draw commissions for royal houses.

My point being - don't be Andrea. The time that you have off can help you put things in order, sort out your priorities; not just in your life, but also in art. Draughtsmanship is an admirable pursuit in its own right, but it isn't the only avenue of art worth exploring.

Sorry for the prolonged babble. Take care, get better, and best of luck.

Last edited by Vritra; March 5th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Sketchbooks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vritra: Yeah this doesn't have to be a goodbye...I'm gonna try to put 2 hours every day or as much as my hand allows me to. And yep I realize there's no best, because art is subjective.
    As for what I expect from art..well that has changed since I started to draw..but the core of it is the fulfillment I get from learning the fundamentals. I don't know there's something magical in the technical part of representational art, and the freedom it gives you to create once you've mastered them. As these fundamentals are based on understanding of nature, it kinda feels like every time you draw something you're paying a tribute to nature for giving you so much diversity in the first place haha.
    I'm not sure if I get why you say this reminds you of Andrea Del Sarto could you elaborate on that? I did read the information that you linked, and it does make reflect about lots of stuff.
    Thanks for the good wishes! You take care too.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andres donde andas? Yo ando desaparecido de CA.org. Te voy a comenzar a seguir en el facebook y twitter!

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit man! I hope you heal fast with God's speed!, i believe its a mental battle for
    the most part, i know how devastating it feels not to draw for days, coz of my job,
    but your not finished yet man no matter where you are everything that surrounds you,
    everything you observe. Let your mind find values and draw it all with your thoughts
    and feelings. It helps me especially walking thru the city at night watching how light
    hits leaves in the dark and the bright greens that are inshrouded in darkness, watching
    the landscapes that surrounds me and imagining how i would apply it to landscapes,
    looking at people all around me wondering if i could sketch 'em. Its about heart man,
    take your time, life ain't no race no matter what all the pro's say or think.
    Keep Well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AdrianNagorski: Yeah man I know what you mean drawing is a mental process. As for life being no race well that's gonna take me some time to assimilate, because everyday experiences show the exact opposite, can't beat 20+ years of education and cultural parameters in a few minutes haha. Thanks for caring

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andres sorry to hear about your hand however please don't let it be the end! Maybe while your hand is healing take i easy with the drawing and find something else that interests you that doesn't really require the use of your hands? Like reading or learning a new language. Feel free to use your other hand too though the dexterity will get in the way for awhile, but so what?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Eh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    stop drafting for a while... start drawing from life. start having fun. be free. do more gestures. be more loose.

thats my advice.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andres, looking good. I hope you're not overtaxing that hand of yours.

Stay well, and keep your hand in shape.

Sketchbooks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vritra: Hey thanks! and nope I'm not pushing my hand at all..just doing 2 hours or even less...just doodling. Cheers dude

Original Artwork by Simon Cowell I was just trying to understand the way he handles color, but I guess I should do still-lifes instead to prevent from becoming a copycat...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decided I had to do a study of my own at least

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Simon Cowell. Did I read that right?

Two hours is still a lot, mate. But you understand your body best. That is, after your doctor.

Good to see you still working hard, but do take care.

Sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay andres! *_* Watch your hand please! lol don't overdo it.
    STILL LIFE!!! nomnom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vritra: Yeah Simon is an amazing artist I'm not sure if he's famous or anything but I really like what he does. Two hours is a lot?? Naah I gotta disagree on that. Two hours, my friend, turns this into a hobby, there's no way I can compete against 17-18 year old buddies who are putting 8-10 hours everyday, believe me I used to work almost as hard as them when I was fully healthy and it makes a world of difference.

chazillah: haha I think it's evident that I'm not pushing past my limits...the attachments say it all haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andressuu! Don't worry, you'll be able to put in more hours soon. You can do it! :D

36. The Following User Says Thank You to chazillah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chazillah: haha it's alright I'm not complaining, I was just explaining stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry to hear about your hand. I hope you have some medication for the pain. To me, 2hrs is quite a bit of time. I envy your discipline because it's a mental battle for me to sit down and draw for 4hrs much less 8-10. Keep trudging this road to happy destiny, man. Your stuff is looking solid, great structure and form. Mastery I say. Let's see some imaginative pieces, yea? Character designs, illustrations? Remember, your hand isn't the artist, you are. Peace out, man, take care.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanagan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flanagan: Hey..hmm nope I don't have any medication for the pain and I don't think using them would be a good thing since when my hand hurts it's actually my body telling me "stop!"...again 2h is nothing man...as for the mental battle well it is fact that for the most respectable men and women in history the first battle that they had to win was against themselves, so mind you you're not dealing with a light issue in here. Haha there's a world of distance between my stuff and true mastery...so pardon me if I don't believe that for a whole second. Thanks for the kind words though

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    man i swear... your draftsmanship is real great! hehe, your technical skills are coming along nicely but i will have to agree with some previous posts regarding imaginative pieces. perhaps delve more into the design-side of things? for me, it's quite a struggle to balance imaginative pieces and studies so i'm still getting there myself.

but, regardless of all that, let's just keep going ! :3

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

42. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *___* Awesome! I'm so happy when you update haha.
    But watch your wrist, andres! D:

44. The Following User Says Thank You to chazillah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so friggin glad to see you back!

Excellent updates! Keep pushing that color when you can and release your imagination.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi man, just read about your condition, sucks big time dude. I've been struggling with tendinitis for the past year, and really, it sucks.

Remember to draw with your whole arm instead of your wrist, also remember to stretch a lot. You're probably aware of most of these things, but I just wanted to share my experiences. Also, you might want to get your hand checked, there might be room for an operation if the tendinitis is really bad. Or you can inject Cortisone or something like that, but I guess it would be a good idea to discuss it with your doctor first.

Anyways, good to see you drawing again, nice updates. Keep it up. And remember, there is always hope (sorry for cliché ending, but it's true.)

47. The Following User Says Thank You to telohs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    teapo: thanks for dropping by regularly and following me on fb haha..yeah i need to do more imaginative pieces, but when i do I'd like some color in them so I gotta get a grasp of that first I think..well at least I prefer it that way

chazillah: haha who said it was hard to please a girl?

Sporus: pushing color..pushing color yay thanks for the good wishes

telohs: yeah it is true there's always hope, I just gotta be more positive

49. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4