Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    Nice one, okay here goes mine

A - Based on continent that is going through a cival war with the two major leaders fighting to become emperor, but the intial conflict was actually started by a third party that wants to weaken the continents defensive compatibilities for their upcoming invasion.

B- Through an experiment by the sorcery council, they accidentally merged two parallel worlds together with the inhabitants and now sides are being drawn to see who will remain and who will be extinguished ( sort of a modifed version of yours LOST

C- aahhh damn writers block......

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It's about modifying right? We just have to combine the best of every idea. And we have to wait and see what mimer has to say. He has a lot to read and put in as well

Thanks
    Great ideas

AhChu: Why not. Like the last time.

The divined world doesn't work in my eyes, because when tey born at the same time, they will di at the same time too. Ore the worlds sould be more different.
    I like the underworld. We could do a lot of characters using other sences than the eyes.

Some more ideas:
    i. Two cultures, a native and a emperor culture, historic example: Celts vs. Romans (but wich are the bad ones?)

ii. Or greek/roman gods vs. nortic

iii. Living persons against dead, but if a living person dies, he/ she change side. And when a dead person die the second time h/ she reborn. So maybe you have to fight against your frind who did in the last battle.
    Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

Thanks
    Nice going peeps, some really funky ideas, see what mimer comes up with aswell. So do you guys wanna pick ya class, and we might aswell start finding some refs like last time. Maybe find some colour palette images that strike ya fancy aswell and we can use the ones we decide as our base

Thanks
    I really like the third idea of yours, skorpi! That would be a curse to live forever and always keep on fighting. I like it a lot

You're right AhChu, better get the things done we could do.
    I was thinking of a female character. Elf or Fairy...Although I wonder how a 50-50 would look like Probably some kind of Spell Caster, but I want to play with that idea for a bit. What about a 10cm fairy wizard who knows some kickass magic xD I have to think on it a bit.

Almost forgot! I posted a schedule in the first post. Check it out and tell me if it'll work for you. We can play a bit with the deadlines. It's okay if you miss it by a day. The deadline on the 29th is set. I won't change that.

Thanks
    Sweet deadlines look good, well im going to crash now, it's 2.15am here, but will be look towards starting fresh tomorrow after the LIVE stream. night guys

Thanks
    I'm not really in the mood to decide, so if you guys want do decide class first, I do what lacks.

What's about everyone sketch every character to search for ideas?
    Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

Thanks
    AhChu, I envy you....I want to see that class too. But I can't pay it, since I payed for the color theory class last week. Have fun and good night

Thanks
    id say we go with 4 chars too, gives us opportunity to each focus on one good/bad pair.

I think that the dark rainy world gives us a good base to build the colour palette on, it gives us darker muted colours and some harsh highlights etc. its an easy palette to imagine and i think we can find a base of colours to start us off with, then choose complimentary colours depending on what theme we go with for the characters themselves?

1. law versus villains:
    the classic fantasy archetypes, but put them in a setting of lawmen versus criminals. city guard, police, paladins for the good guys, and a band of criminals,mafa types, big heist squad for the baddies. we can still keep it high fantasy but an urban setting within a big city. it will give us an opportunity to make them realy look like a team with insignias, colours etc for the law and tatoos, tribal markings etc for the villains?

2. Opressive evil versus the resistance.
    putting evil in charge, with the baddies more stylish, clean and in control of the world, the good guys a more ragged, worn and covert group, fighting to overthrow the ruling evil. gives us a good distinction betwee the two characters, lets us work with two very different styles in clothing and looks.

3. the posessed.
    two armies of twins, separated by posession by either angelic or demonic forces, now locked in war for their respective puppetmasters.
    lets us focus on the good versus evil look, and can let us use the same attributes for both sides but twisted in different directions.

Thanks
    when focusing on the individual chars, lets see how we can twist things up. lets look for the original take on fantasy creatures and not go an elf archer, better a female orch archer carrying a bigass siege crossbow we all know the willowy female elves, so how about an elf who got around to weightlifting and now works as the ripped barbarian warrior of the team?

lets not forget about all the different beasties in classic fantasy either. nothings stopping us from using were-creatures, minotaurs etc i think. if we want to.

Thanks
    Team Thundercats is doing something with animals of this world. With that they're getting highly original. Your suggestion using fantasy beasts could be used in our team too, mimer. I like the original take you suggest with using (almost) illogic combinations in either character or atributes.

This is a brief I came up with using everything I like from our idea's. Just my take on this project.

Evil reigns the world. Every person had its bad/good side living somewhere in the world. The world used to be divided in two: Good and Evil. Thanks to the council of Wizardry in the Evil world the two (parallel) worlds has merged into one, because the evil beings want to take on both of the world. They always sought new ways to improve themselves by inventing new magic, armor and technology.

The Good never had so much interest for power nor improvement. So they lived in a low tech, yet happy world. Where there were no wars, diseases and hunger. They know only good magic and know how to use the elements in a good way. The Good have a gift the Evil does not have. They can summon Godlike creatures to aid them in battle with the Evil, because they are pure of heart. These creatures resemble the nature the Good cared of.

The cause of the two worlds merged together has gone beyond understanding of both sides. The truth is that when a person is killed, dies or is murdered it return to live, but on the other side of the balance scale. (Good -> Evil, Evil -> Good). None of the creatures alive understand why this is happening. This results in a eternal loop of battling with each other until the worlds are restored to their original state.

Hah...how do you like that. It gives a lot to play with and we could add a lot of other things like attributes or crazy combinations with character - attribute/weapon.

Your input please

Thanks
    I think its a cool setting, explains the world, gives a reason for the duality and gives us some differences between good an evil to work with (evil are into improving their status and power with advances in the "technology" of the times while good are more naturalistic and have a connection to the natural worlds and its powers.)

I think that the last paragraph might not be necessary to the visualisation of the characters though? right now it reads a bit cryptically, and the first two paragraphs do a great job of outlining the backdrop for the two groups.

So, if we go with this backdrop, our two groups will essentially be eachothers mirror images, two classic adventuring teams dungeons and dragons/fellowship style with four different "classes"?

so do we list 3 preferred characters each and then if nothing conflicts and we get a nice mix with our first 4 choices we go with that? and negotiate some second choices if we all want to do minotaur wizards as a first choice?

also, should we pick one cultural or other reference point for both sides or go with one for good and one for evil? ie should we base attributes,colours, weapons etc off of only culture A for both sides, or should the bad guys be culture A while the good guys take inspiration from culture B?

Thanks
    Thanks for your input. It's not our final brief, but it's something I came up with with our idea's combined. The last paragraph is not needed to visualize the characters, yes, but it does give some more information we might be able to use.

It would be fun to see the same character in a evil highly sophisticated way and in a low-tech, more in touch with nature way.

I have to think a bit about which characters I would love to do. One of my choices would be the fairy/elf character I mentioned earlier. She's around 30cm in height, probably bigger and is able to fly thanks to her wings. So I think a small, flying creature will give some good variety in the characters as in the group silhouette.

I was thinking to do a culture A and a culture B since they're from different worlds.

But we're getting to much into details. Let's see what AhChu and skorpi says. We have to all agree on a setting right

Thanks
    Okay here is a colour palette board (light at top dark at bottom) and some funky image refs.

Thanks
    I went trough my concept art reference I have and I found the next images for the colors and general mood of the worlds I described.

Good:
    Attachment 740163

Evil:
    Attachment 740164

These are the choices I made for the characters I want to do. From most fave to least fave.

1. I was thinking of a female character. Elf or Fairy...Although I wonder how a 50-50 would look like Probably some kind of Spell Caster, but I want to play with that idea for a bit. What about a 10cm fairy wizard who knows some kickass magic xD I have to think on it a bit.

2. Male dwarf, but something that really doesn't fit a dwarf. Like a healer class.

3. Female human, magician with some kind of illogical wand to do her magic with. Animal referenced clothing.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast