Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Good input AhChu. It could be like Humans vs Elves (stereotype....) . Or we could use the facts Daestwen had given us and use the good and bad side. They both come from the same world. Each time someone is born his/her evil side is born too in the other world. Or something like that. And now the bad side wants to take over the good side to completely rule the world. But there are a special type of species 'insert name here' that are born as superior beings that created the evil side of the good characters to balance the world out so they can live in peace? Or something like that?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Reference:

Dungeons and Dragons galeries, lot of stuff: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4arch/ag
    Dungeons and Dragons concept art by Todd Lockwood:
    Races, female: http://www.toddlockwood.com/gallerie...demikind.shtml
    Races, male: http://www.toddlockwood.com/gallerie...demikind.shtml
    Elves: http://www.toddlockwood.com/gallerie...03/elves.shtml

About good and bad: Maybe we can give them some atributs too, like north/ south, fire/water, light/dark. Ok, these are really chiches, but I don't think, race against race work, since we have to do a good and a bad version of the same character.

Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    okay how bout some other things, thing we can mix and match and get a really cool backstory history going on.

how bout we list out, 3 differrent sort of setting each..doenst have to be to involved just keep it fairly basic to begin with? and we should be able to pull it together in a cool seeting to be basing our characters in. sort help flesh out the characters history. we only need a basic outline to set our characters up in.

Thanks
    1. Good/bad. In a world that is divided with a great barrier. Each side a parallel to the other. Same people, buildings, stores but one is evil and one is good.

(They both come from the same world. Each time someone is born his/her evil side is born too in the other world. Or something like that. And now the bad side wants to take over the good side to completely rule the world. But there are a special type of species 'insert name here' that are born as superior beings that created the evil side of the good characters to balance the world out so they can live in peace? Or something like that?)

2. Water world. The world consists of 90% of water. And they fight to gain the right to live on the land.

3. Underworld. The surface is dead and no one is able to live there due a terrible climate disaster. Everyone live under the world and fight over food/water and try to keep alive. Grow veggies in a dome like building with Earth's atmosphere and such.

4. Waterworld. Maybe same thing as above but under water? And they don't fight over water but for Oxygen?...

When we have the setting, maybe we could think about using cultural references? For each race to have a bit more variety. And when and who is gonna do the color pallet?...

Last edited by LostFayth; August 1st, 2009 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks
    Nice one, okay here goes mine

A - Based on continent that is going through a cival war with the two major leaders fighting to become emperor, but the intial conflict was actually started by a third party that wants to weaken the continents defensive compatibilities for their upcoming invasion.

B- Through an experiment by the sorcery council, they accidentally merged two parallel worlds together with the inhabitants and now sides are being drawn to see who will remain and who will be extinguished ( sort of a modifed version of yours LOST

C- aahhh damn writers block......

Thanks
    It's about modifying right? We just have to combine the best of every idea. And we have to wait and see what mimer has to say. He has a lot to read and put in as well

Thanks
    Great ideas

AhChu: Why not. Like the last time.

The divined world doesn't work in my eyes, because when tey born at the same time, they will di at the same time too. Ore the worlds sould be more different.
    I like the underworld. We could do a lot of characters using other sences than the eyes.

Some more ideas:
    i. Two cultures, a native and a emperor culture, historic example: Celts vs. Romans (but wich are the bad ones?)

ii. Or greek/roman gods vs. nortic

iii. Living persons against dead, but if a living person dies, he/ she change side. And when a dead person die the second time h/ she reborn. So maybe you have to fight against your frind who did in the last battle.

Thanks
    Nice going peeps, some really funky ideas, see what mimer comes up with aswell. So do you guys wanna pick ya class, and we might aswell start finding some refs like last time. Maybe find some colour palette images that strike ya fancy aswell and we can use the ones we decide as our base

Thanks
    I really like the third idea of yours, skorpi! That would be a curse to live forever and always keep on fighting. I like it a lot

You're right AhChu, better get the things done we could do.
    I was thinking of a female character. Elf or Fairy...Although I wonder how a 50-50 would look like Probably some kind of Spell Caster, but I want to play with that idea for a bit. What about a 10cm fairy wizard who knows some kickass magic xD I have to think on it a bit.

Almost forgot! I posted a schedule in the first post. Check it out and tell me if it'll work for you. We can play a bit with the deadlines. It's okay if you miss it by a day. The deadline on the 29th is set. I won't change that.

Thanks
    Sweet deadlines look good, well im going to crash now, it's 2.15am here, but will be look towards starting fresh tomorrow after the LIVE stream. night guys

Thanks
    I'm not really in the mood to decide, so if you guys want do decide class first, I do what lacks.

What's about everyone sketch every character to search for ideas?

Thanks
    AhChu, I envy you....I want to see that class too. But I can't pay it, since I payed for the color theory class last week. Have fun and good night

Thanks
    id say we go with 4 chars too, gives us opportunity to each focus on one good/bad pair.

I think that the dark rainy world gives us a good base to build the colour palette on, it gives us darker muted colours and some harsh highlights etc. its an easy palette to imagine and i think we can find a base of colours to start us off with, then choose complimentary colours depending on what theme we go with for the characters themselves?

1. law versus villains:
    the classic fantasy archetypes, but put them in a setting of lawmen versus criminals. city guard, police, paladins for the good guys, and a band of criminals,mafa types, big heist squad for the baddies. we can still keep it high fantasy but an urban setting within a big city. it will give us an opportunity to make them realy look like a team with insignias, colours etc for the law and tatoos, tribal markings etc for the villains?

2. Opressive evil versus the resistance.
    putting evil in charge, with the baddies more stylish, clean and in control of the world, the good guys a more ragged, worn and covert group, fighting to overthrow the ruling evil. gives us a good distinction betwee the two characters, lets us work with two very different styles in clothing and looks.

3. the posessed.
    two armies of twins, separated by posession by either angelic or demonic forces, now locked in war for their respective puppetmasters.
    lets us focus on the good versus evil look, and can let us use the same attributes for both sides but twisted in different directions.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1