Team CHOW II: Random Team 1 - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice one, okay here goes mine

A - Based on continent that is going through a cival war with the two major leaders fighting to become emperor, but the intial conflict was actually started by a third party that wants to weaken the continents defensive compatibilities for their upcoming invasion.

B- Through an experiment by the sorcery council, they accidentally merged two parallel worlds together with the inhabitants and now sides are being drawn to see who will remain and who will be extinguished ( sort of a modifed version of yours LOST

C- aahhh damn writers block......

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's about modifying right? We just have to combine the best of every idea. And we have to wait and see what mimer has to say. He has a lot to read and put in as well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great ideas

AhChu: Why not. Like the last time.

The divined world doesn't work in my eyes, because when tey born at the same time, they will di at the same time too. Ore the worlds sould be more different.
    I like the underworld. We could do a lot of characters using other sences than the eyes.

Some more ideas:
    i. Two cultures, a native and a emperor culture, historic example: Celts vs. Romans (but wich are the bad ones?)

ii. Or greek/roman gods vs. nortic

iii. Living persons against dead, but if a living person dies, he/ she change side. And when a dead person die the second time h/ she reborn. So maybe you have to fight against your frind who did in the last battle.

Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice going peeps, some really funky ideas, see what mimer comes up with aswell. So do you guys wanna pick ya class, and we might aswell start finding some refs like last time. Maybe find some colour palette images that strike ya fancy aswell and we can use the ones we decide as our base

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the third idea of yours, skorpi! That would be a curse to live forever and always keep on fighting. I like it a lot

You're right AhChu, better get the things done we could do.
    I was thinking of a female character. Elf or Fairy...Although I wonder how a 50-50 would look like Probably some kind of Spell Caster, but I want to play with that idea for a bit. What about a 10cm fairy wizard who knows some kickass magic xD I have to think on it a bit.

Almost forgot! I posted a schedule in the first post. Check it out and tell me if it'll work for you. We can play a bit with the deadlines. It's okay if you miss it by a day. The deadline on the 29th is set. I won't change that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet deadlines look good, well im going to crash now, it's 2.15am here, but will be look towards starting fresh tomorrow after the LIVE stream. night guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not really in the mood to decide, so if you guys want do decide class first, I do what lacks.

What's about everyone sketch every character to search for ideas?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AhChu, I envy you....I want to see that class too. But I can't pay it, since I payed for the color theory class last week. Have fun and good night

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    id say we go with 4 chars too, gives us opportunity to each focus on one good/bad pair.

I think that the dark rainy world gives us a good base to build the colour palette on, it gives us darker muted colours and some harsh highlights etc. its an easy palette to imagine and i think we can find a base of colours to start us off with, then choose complimentary colours depending on what theme we go with for the characters themselves?

1. law versus villains:
    the classic fantasy archetypes, but put them in a setting of lawmen versus criminals. city guard, police, paladins for the good guys, and a band of criminals,mafa types, big heist squad for the baddies. we can still keep it high fantasy but an urban setting within a big city. it will give us an opportunity to make them realy look like a team with insignias, colours etc for the law and tatoos, tribal markings etc for the villains?

2. Opressive evil versus the resistance.
    putting evil in charge, with the baddies more stylish, clean and in control of the world, the good guys a more ragged, worn and covert group, fighting to overthrow the ruling evil. gives us a good distinction betwee the two characters, lets us work with two very different styles in clothing and looks.

3. the posessed.
    two armies of twins, separated by posession by either angelic or demonic forces, now locked in war for their respective puppetmasters.
    lets us focus on the good versus evil look, and can let us use the same attributes for both sides but twisted in different directions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    when focusing on the individual chars, lets see how we can twist things up. lets look for the original take on fantasy creatures and not go an elf archer, better a female orch archer carrying a bigass siege crossbow we all know the willowy female elves, so how about an elf who got around to weightlifting and now works as the ripped barbarian warrior of the team?

lets not forget about all the different beasties in classic fantasy either. nothings stopping us from using were-creatures, minotaurs etc i think. if we want to.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Team Thundercats is doing something with animals of this world. With that they're getting highly original. Your suggestion using fantasy beasts could be used in our team too, mimer. I like the original take you suggest with using (almost) illogic combinations in either character or atributes.

This is a brief I came up with using everything I like from our idea's. Just my take on this project.

Evil reigns the world. Every person had its bad/good side living somewhere in the world. The world used to be divided in two: Good and Evil. Thanks to the council of Wizardry in the Evil world the two (parallel) worlds has merged into one, because the evil beings want to take on both of the world. They always sought new ways to improve themselves by inventing new magic, armor and technology.

The Good never had so much interest for power nor improvement. So they lived in a low tech, yet happy world. Where there were no wars, diseases and hunger. They know only good magic and know how to use the elements in a good way. The Good have a gift the Evil does not have. They can summon Godlike creatures to aid them in battle with the Evil, because they are pure of heart. These creatures resemble the nature the Good cared of.

The cause of the two worlds merged together has gone beyond understanding of both sides. The truth is that when a person is killed, dies or is murdered it return to live, but on the other side of the balance scale. (Good -> Evil, Evil -> Good). None of the creatures alive understand why this is happening. This results in a eternal loop of battling with each other until the worlds are restored to their original state.

Hah...how do you like that. It gives a lot to play with and we could add a lot of other things like attributes or crazy combinations with character - attribute/weapon.

Your input please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think its a cool setting, explains the world, gives a reason for the duality and gives us some differences between good an evil to work with (evil are into improving their status and power with advances in the "technology" of the times while good are more naturalistic and have a connection to the natural worlds and its powers.)

I think that the last paragraph might not be necessary to the visualisation of the characters though? right now it reads a bit cryptically, and the first two paragraphs do a great job of outlining the backdrop for the two groups.

So, if we go with this backdrop, our two groups will essentially be eachothers mirror images, two classic adventuring teams dungeons and dragons/fellowship style with four different "classes"?

so do we list 3 preferred characters each and then if nothing conflicts and we get a nice mix with our first 4 choices we go with that? and negotiate some second choices if we all want to do minotaur wizards as a first choice?

also, should we pick one cultural or other reference point for both sides or go with one for good and one for evil? ie should we base attributes,colours, weapons etc off of only culture A for both sides, or should the bad guys be culture A while the good guys take inspiration from culture B?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your input. It's not our final brief, but it's something I came up with with our idea's combined. The last paragraph is not needed to visualize the characters, yes, but it does give some more information we might be able to use.

It would be fun to see the same character in a evil highly sophisticated way and in a low-tech, more in touch with nature way.

I have to think a bit about which characters I would love to do. One of my choices would be the fairy/elf character I mentioned earlier. She's around 30cm in height, probably bigger and is able to fly thanks to her wings. So I think a small, flying creature will give some good variety in the characters as in the group silhouette.

I was thinking to do a culture A and a culture B since they're from different worlds.

But we're getting to much into details. Let's see what AhChu and skorpi says. We have to all agree on a setting right

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay here is a colour palette board (light at top dark at bottom) and some funky image refs.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went trough my concept art reference I have and I found the next images for the colors and general mood of the worlds I described.

Good:
    Name:  good.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  215.8 KB

Evil:
    Name:  evil.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  153.3 KB

These are the choices I made for the characters I want to do. From most fave to least fave.

1. I was thinking of a female character. Elf or Fairy...Although I wonder how a 50-50 would look like Probably some kind of Spell Caster, but I want to play with that idea for a bit. What about a 10cm fairy wizard who knows some kickass magic xD I have to think on it a bit.

2. Male dwarf, but something that really doesn't fit a dwarf. Like a healer class.

3. Female human, magician with some kind of illogical wand to do her magic with. Animal referenced clothing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like those two moodboards, makes for two distinctive sets of characters. from the look of those two moodboards were moving away from the rainsoaked world, which i think is probably a good idea. less muted colours makes for better distinction between good and bad sides, leaving the dark and moody stuff for the bad guys.

ive been doodling a bit on a brutish bard, so heres my 3 preferences for a character

male ogrish/orchish bard. a bit of a brutal twist on the musical instruments.

some type of female rogue, i could use some input and brainstorming on how to make this one interresting. perhaps experiment with age? make an old wizened female thief instead of the usual lara croft bodies of classic fantasy painting?

a healer/priest sporting two versions of beeing undead. a ghost for the good guys and a lich/zombie type for the baddies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You were busy.

LostFaith: I like your brief, there are very interesting elements to play with.

some inputs:
    -The good use magic in a kind way, they are "fiends" with the element, while the bad only control them with diagrams, symbols, magic signs (so we have a clear visual element)
    -Maybe only the bad use metal, the good have a technological level of stone age.
    -Another visual paint, how does the world looks? Like a middle age europe? (boring) Maybe we heve a lot of big and small islands they fight for. Clima? Mediteran?
    Or what are the cultures behind? Key elements? Good using raund shapes, evil sqared.

I like the mood boards.

Characters I like to do:

1. A female insect mage/shaman
    2. An animalman fighter 8wich animal decides on the culture we choose)
    3. A human child thief

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We have all so different characters. I wonder what AhChu will come up with

You have a good point there skorpi. The good characters are friends with the elements and are being given the chance to use the powers of the elemental spirits. Maybe we could use this to show in their clothing and stuff they have (weapons, jewelry). The evil force the elemental spirits to be summoned. I wonder if that gives them too much of an advantage since they already have a higher technology and much more powerful weapons.

I have an image in mind of the 'good' world and how they live. I recall seeing it somewhere but I forgot where. I've got to do some more research. It clearly shows what I was aiming for. One thing is for sure, the bad are far more better evolved then the good,

[EDIT]I can't seem to find it. I'll try and describe what I had in mind. They mostly live in natural environments. Built their houses in trees. Not like a tree house. INSIDE a tree, think of Winnie the Pooh. They use simple yet good materials to build their houses if they don't live in a forest. Mud, wood, stones, clay, anything they can find in nature. Think of the town where the Hobbits of Lord Of the Rings lived. Something like that The dwarfs could live in caves or built their houses on mountains. They would be living in nature. In small communities, no cities and such. I've added some pictures to make it more visual.

It's a good think to start thinking about cultures for either side since how the culture will reflect their appearance. I was thinking of something from a warmer climate for the good and something sophisticated for the bad.

Team CHOW II: Random Team 1
    With some other kind of door.

Last edited by LostFayth; August 2nd, 2009 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was thinking about native american for the baddies. not something thats been done much before, and some strong design elements with facepaint, feathers, opals etc.

i like the idea of keeping the good guys naturalistic, in tune with elements and letting the bad guys go more destructive, perhaps use fire and more metals, smoke etc for them? putting the native american culture in a setting like that could prove an interresting mix? we can still kepp the bad guys more sophisticated and advanced and just borrow the aestetics from he native american culture.

Shinto and buddhism has always struck me as something that stays in tune with nature and belives in a conciousness in the natural world around them as a whole. perhaps keep the eastern influences from last round for the good guys? then we get a reference points for a lot of the archetypes, like priests, monks, warriors and even assassins/thieves?

heres some native american stuff i put together that i think could work for the bad guys.

Last edited by mimer; August 2nd, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also like the two sides the native Americans have. They look very harsh and evil(?) but they too are one with nature. If we combine it with evil power aura's and things like that it could really REALLY work out into something great. And we could use a lot of signs and symbols skorpi mentioned.

There we go again with the Asians. What is it about them that makes them so interesting. And yeah, it's a good point. Buddhism and shinto are great things to keep in mind. They are always thinking about staying in peace with themselves and nature, just like the native Americans.

I really like the combination. I think we have to go with at least the native American stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the ideas you come up with. I think there's a lot of visual stuff we can work with and also create something new.

Some cultural references:

american native: bold geometric lines; plane colors
    chinese/ asian: thin, organic lines; matt colors

maybe we can work with these atributs.

Last edited by skorpi; August 2nd, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff guys, I think we have got heaps to work with here to be making some pretty cool designs.

"The good use magic in a kind way, they are "fiends" with the element, while the bad only control them with diagrams, symbols, magic signs (so we have a clear visual element)" liking this idea.

I would'nt to much bout landscape setting coz it might hinder some really cool things you might come up with. Digging the American Indian style to. well lunch break is nearly over with so back to work for me........

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I've changed the first post. I've added the brief with all the extra information we've come up with. I also added a list of the characters we each picked. Since skorpi and mimer have three characters to choose from I would like to know which one you've picked. And AhChu, I'd like to know which character you had in mind to design.

Maybe it's also a good idea to find references with images for native Americans and the other stuff and post the link up so I can include them in the first post. Moodboards are great, but we each design a different character, so it would be nice to compile your own moodboard from the images we all find and use them as a reference for your own character.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll sarch for more references, but I propose also, to interpret them in a open way. We don't want american native against asians. Since we have a good and an evil folk.

I think, I do the animal man fighter, since Lost Faith already do a femal magician. At the moment I like to make hin a bear man/ werebear or something like that.

Finally References:

Chinese clothing:
    Japanese clothes:

American Native costumes:
    South america:

Asian fighter/ monks:
    Native american Fighter:

Bears:

Last edited by skorpi; August 3rd, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im going with the male orch bard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man those are some cool ref images...cant wait to start scribbling at lunch today

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i put down some colour choices from the stuff weve talked about so far. made two palettes along with some summation of the two sides designwise, tell me if you like

I think we need to do what we discussed above and actually get some mutual palette choices for both sides to keep the individual pictures relating to eachother. then we can of course branch out to fit our own styles and charachters, but a similar palette copuled with the cultural refs for both sides with help make this awesome.

also made two assemblies for myself for the orch bard im going for. going for a mohawk and heavy drums, possibly a big lute-type instrument for the baddie and a fluteplaying serene bard for the good guy, both appendaged with some form of bladed weapon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some quick stuff, two of the bad guy, one of the good guy. the evil one is turning out a bit metal atm...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow guys! Those are amazing. Skorpi, I really like the reference you found. The clothing charts are outstanding.

The color charts are cool, mimer. I like your silhouettes. The musical instruments are really good.

I was away all day. I had a great day out. I'll start tomorrow with my sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @mimer: Great color palettes and briefs. Thank you
    I like the body language of the two, shows much about their character. I prefer the drums, but I think, it's to early to decide XD

@Lost Faith: The cloth refs are from a costumebook i bought long time ago and never really used it. So I'm glad, I can use it now XD

Some scribbles I did today:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.