Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    I work mon to fri full time, hopefully no late nights this week, but I will make sure I hit every deadline if I do work late...I will be up early to watch that live stream tomorrow so as soon as that is finished I will be checking to see if the brief is up, I will be online all day tomorrow to start nutting this out

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    brief is up!

copy/pasted below.

"This month's Team Chow is going to be a little different! This time, we are creating fantasy portraits for player characters - with good and evil versions! It's both a wide open brief and a very strict one! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a random team from the options given to you below, and to create 4-8 fantasy portraits that read well together and still look awesome separately. Thus, as a team, you must create a compatible 'look' for your characters."

linkplease: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=164934

With the fantasy angle in mind, should we perhaps get a clarification if the futuristic urban setting is still ok, or if we need to modify it a bit to suit the fantasy req? I think we should still keep the dark rainy setting since that will keep the pics unified with mood/colours and clothing a bit, as well as settle on a culture/timeperiod to draw inspiration from, like we discussed above.

what do you guys think? keep the future setting or go more classic fantasy timeperiod but keep the dark rainy mood?

So psyched for this, stuff like this is just want id love to focus on and get better at

Thanks
    I'm all game for a fantasy mood. But wouldn't it be more challenging to go with this setting and create the characters? Just wondering.... But we already have the 'magic' thing going on with the hidden ones. We could add some fantasy stuff like mimer said or adjust a few things. Any idea's? Omg, the brief is sooo good It gives us a lot of freedom to do what do best and discover new things along the way.

That said, we need to do at least 6 characters. It will be difficult to divide 6 characters amongst 4 people. Skorpi said she has a full-time job too, so I'm the one with the most time I guess. I'm willing to do two characters. Or we could agree that we all do two characters giving us 8 characters to enter with. But then again...we need to do a good and evil character, so that equals 3 characters with a good and evil side right?....I'll ask in the Topic an Main thread post....

So if we do a character each, that means we end up with 8 characters, since we have to do a good and evil side. It's also important to keep the races and such variated. So who's gonna do which race/class and such. I'll pick last. Take what you think you'll be able to do and I'll do what is left

Thanks
    just read the brief now, it has to be fantasy, it is to get the ball rolling on a game the community is thinking about making..ill find the thread ..hold on....just stumbled apon it the other day..http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=162285

From the sounds of it we have to produce 6 characters, good and bad version so 12 images all up.

they have got standard races but from the looks of it we can come up with some new ones aswell, and then the classes look fairly generic.

Thanks
    I say we go for 2 character each, colour pallette cliche cools and darks for bad characters and brighter and happier tones for the light side..fable and black and white did this fairly well, Ill see if they have any useful that might help us

Thanks
    Ah, briefing is up and since i love P&P RPGs I really love it.

Time management: Unfortuanally/ Fortunally I'm jobless at the moment, so I have lot of time. So it's no problem for me to do a character more.

About setting: I like to do some different than classic fantasy. It doesn't have to be very special but especially in fantasy I hate cliches.
    Waiting for answers in the Topic tread, but so far I understand, It schold be possibe, to keep our setting, integreating some more races and a good/ bad schema.

Two color palettes for the good and the bad one will be great.

Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

Thanks
    Well if we have to stick to the fantasy, which I think we might have to I was thinking of doing a Human Ranger (Except will be more of a special forces unit opposed to a tree hugging hippy) and a warlock, prolly male first the 1st one and female for the 2nd. Unless we come up with something new. Might try and come up with a new race for the warlock just to mix it up abit

Thanks
    Okay, we have some answers.

We have to stay in the brief of Daestwen, the High Fantasy stuff. She promises we'll be able to use our brief in the later rounds. We have to do at least 3 characters (equals 6 portraits). Shall we do 4 characters instead? One per member of the team. And, of course, is has to be full body. I'll find the brief and post it up in the first post.

Thanks
    I would do 4 characters.

Ok, let's think about an interesting high fantasy setting

Thanks
    what is high fantasy....any different to normal fantasy?...no wait never mind....I found out

Thanks
    Lord of the rings ist high fantasy.
    Something like Harry Potter is "just" fantasy

Thanks
    So after reading this High Fantasy is what we know from the blockbuster fantasy movies? LOTR, Harry Potter, Narnia and such. We have to do something with that. The high fantasy world could be linked in some way to our world.

We could add something of our own brief to make it a bit more personal. Like the never ending rain?

Thanks
    okay, lets get those creative juices flowing: as far as setting is concerned the first things that come to mind is.....

Based on continent that is going through a cival war with the two major leaders fighting to become emperor, but the intial conflict was actually started by a third party that wants to weaken the continents defensive compatibilities for their upcoming invasion.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1