Results 27 to 39 of 156
August 3rd, 2009 #27
Hide this ad by registering as a memberAugust 3rd, 2009 #28
Yeah, I thought that would make it super fun too. Awesome. Hopefully when we can get a meeting this week we can discuss it a bit more in detail and work out some stuff... I was sketching a bit on the train so hopefully i'll have something to show you guys soon!
August 3rd, 2009 #29
August 3rd, 2009 #30
Hokay, here we go, finally something drawn, huh?
So I was trying to make her very etheral and beautiful and kitten/small puppy/baby seal like to make it clear how humans could revere them so much but I think i took it a bit far, heh.
Definitely nothing solid yet, just took it and ran with it.
August 4th, 2009 #31
Nice sketch Daest, though I was watching you make it Bit too cute maybe but I like it.
Sorry for not being around a whole lot yet, I'll post more stuff soon as I get home and got my business back on the rails. I was thinking of doing either a Merman/maid with tentacles or a Medic kind of type (should be interesting to do the evil version of that...) but I'm not sure what race that should be. I think we need an elf too huh?
August 4th, 2009 #32
August 4th, 2009 #33
Yeah, I totally agree. I'll do some more sketches and make her a bit more bad ass and see if i can't get something working. :]
I think a mermaid/merman/tentacled thing would be awesome... maybe in the sorcerer/wizard vein?
We can always do more than 2 each if we really get the ball rolling!
if you guys can come up with some short characters stories (yoi and dished) maybe we can decide who's going to do whose opposite.. haven't decided if i want to do the good or the evil version of my angel yet - anyone else want to give her a try and do you have dibs on which side?
Dished, you said you might have some sketches for the angel, right? Post 'em!
August 4th, 2009 #34
if I write something like (xxx || xxx) the first thing describes the good and the second the evil version
- Name: ---us (nickname || surname 'divinus')
- Race: Human
- Gender: Male
- Profession: Spellcaster (Mage using some voodoo-rituals of sorts/power of nature || Mage warped by the gods, relying on purely divine/arcane magic), but well, I want to make it somewhat more complex (as to include Fighter elements as well)
- Height: around 185 cm
- Natural haircolour: Black (slightly curled)
- Natural skincolour: Mediterranean (suncrisped *fufufu*)
- Eye colour: Green, with brown/orange/red dots (depending on the light)
- Build: Quite muscular (not too beefy, tough...)
- Age: 34
- Miscellaneous: Maybe one or another scar... not too entirely sure right now (like, I don't even know if I want him to be somewhat handsome or not... and such^^); with the story update, he's lost his right arm ^.^ (originally right handed)
- Born as one of the nobility of Salvatio, capital of The Imperium; caring family, well-protected
- Started being tutored when he was around 5 years old; all his mentors say that he was a very bright-minded little fella; zealously studied The Imperium's history and their philosophy (regarding the Paradisus and the 'demons')
- When he was just 10 years old, his pater (32 years old) who served as an Tribunus militaris in the army was killed by 'heathens and their demon-allies' during a campaign; where once had only been a dislike out of loyality towards The Imperium now a real hatred toward heathens and demons alike began to grow, and fester
- With 13 years his practice to prepare him for fighting and warring duties started; he was both trained physically (body control, use of armours and weapons) as well as mentally (general tutoring, informations about defiant nations yet to be conquered, demons, strategics; later on he was taught divine magic)
- As soon as he was 20 years old, he finally started riding into real battle (somewhat akin to a Paladin, at that time); he helped defeat many other nations/tribes and seize their lands; if the people they invaded turned down the offer of being absorbed into The Imperium (and thus openly revealed themselves as 'heathens') or if any demons were present he was said to be one of the most gruesome and most ferocious fighters among Imperium's troops, due to the loss and grief he still felt to the untimely loss of his pater
- With 24 years he had already risen to the rank of a Dux militum and the next campaign would surely get him an even higher rank; however, before the end of said campaign his fate was not yet decided...
- It was supposed to be nothing more than a common mission, it ended up as a catatrophe: we ventured deep into enemy territory, wrestling their lands from them, 'freeing' those who wanted to be freed - or were to afraid to do otherwise, I suppose - killing those who were brave enough to refuse. Time passed, I revelled in spilling innocent blood until some day we were ambushed. Still drunk on the bloodshed from a few hours before, feeling myself soar high above those 'wretched pagans', as I used to call them, I didn't discover the appoaching enemies, and neither did my soldiers. In fact, we still would have had the superiority both in numbers and equipment, if it weren't for my bad luck... or rather, the enemies cunning. Seeing as I probably was the leader they mainly focused on taking me out first and, taken by surprise, I barely managed surviving the first strike. Though my life had been spared that moment, my right arm was not; rendered defenseless the only reason I'm still alive is that my horse panicked and dragged me along, eventually falling into the ruthless river that ran close by.
- Brief version for the rest:
- saved by elves or something else (main thing is he'd consider them enemies)
- stereotypically growing closer to his saviours, starting to doubt all his previous beliefs (good guys sure are boring, especially if they undergo stereotypical-(fantasy-)personality-changes :'D)
- new resolve (maybe some kind of a catastrophe in between to make sure he completely abandons all he was before, i.e. slaughter of his saviours)
- life as a rogue; rallying people against The Imperium, also change of what he relies on in battle (weaponry- and magic-change... no more d'vine stuff!)
Evil: (only brief summary, too tired)
- almost the same until the actual attack on him; he still loses his right arm but with less panicking horses and more going crazy instead. Power gushing forth from his severed arm as much as blood he slaugthers the enemy. The Gods then declare him Divinus, which makes him one of the most powerful man in the whole nation. They even bless him with a new arm => either gonna be ethereal or somewhere between technolyzed and arcane... (I never quite got those awesome Chronomancer-concepts (just scroll down a bit, I think you can't really miss the Chronomancer with their mechanic appearance, the strange lights and the sometimes floating body parts) out of my system, I guess... ;D)
The Following User Says Thank You to SunRoamer For This Useful Post:
August 4th, 2009 #35Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- Thanked 275 Times in 223 Posts
anyway heres a couple sketches i did for a bird-like character. Not necesarily the anghe but could be a possible group of half breeds that were outcast and therefore hate the anghe. So they could possibly be a radical group against the anghe, so technically they can be evil. anyhow,
I was going for a more 'birdlike' look to them, so they look human,but i changed the eyes around a bit, made the forheads bigger, pointier sharp downward going noses and higher cheekbones.
Anyway i was also thinking of making my character a Druid. He'll be an either an or human,but he'd have immersed himself so much in that sort of magic that he'd sort of have certain features of the animals he likes to work with or turn into.And which animals he chooses to do his druidy things with would be determined by his alignment.
I do like that idea that there'd be one character,and the player would be able to choose his/her alignment. Reminds me of fable.
working on sketches of my guy right now
Last edited by Dished; August 5th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
August 5th, 2009 #36
August 5th, 2009 #37
August 5th, 2009 #38
Crits are always more than welcome Like Daestwen said, just tear it apart! ^^
So, I finally got to sketch. Only a portrait, though, in three different versions:
First one is just the base (he got quite a lot of scars now ^^), for the second I added the Imperium's soldier's gear and the last one shows him in the evil version, as a Divinus. Well, his eyes glow xD Since we wanted to take the same moodboard for both alignments (just with switched saturation, so that the evil uns have saturated colds and desaturated warms, right?) I thought the bluw glow might come in quite handy :>
Well, it's nothing too special for now, I was mainly playing around and stuff... some things may look awkward, right now ^^
some subtle changes made...
Last edited by SunRoamer; August 6th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
August 5th, 2009 #39
Here... I'm scrapping this one but figured I'd show you guys my thought process in the meantime. This was a sketch that i was trying to work out some kind of mer person idea, based on a lion fish... but you can see it didn't work out too well. :] At least you can see where I was coming from on this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post: