Sketchbook: i arted. -- Nisshoku's Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: i arted. -- Nisshoku's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    post mowwwrrrr

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDelphin View Post
    post mowwwrrrr
    Oh I will you just chilll . I do need need to paint/draw more though, you're right on that. That'll be my new goal .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like to see young artists develop their skills. So please post more.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Laylo-Dred For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Laylo-Dred: Ok . I`m going to try and post daily, but I figured I would only post new things because it`s sort of a new beginning for me. I`m actually going to become more serious about art so....yea. If you guys wanted to see old stuff, I`d be happy to post it though.

Here`s a little eye that I spent hours on >.<. Looks easy....Really isn`t XD. I also have some anatomy lessons, one so far but I`ll have more, to upload so get ready for that .

Sorry I`m so slow at posting, I spend a lot of time on stuff because.....Ummm......I`m a little bit of a new artist .

As always, feel free to critique. Reference by eyestock on deviantART.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nisshoku; July 28th, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The colours look a bit pastelly but its great that u start your studies with color, it makews it easyer latrer. I didnt start out with colors so I have had a hard time with it. Keep postin!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    B-man: Hmmm, I agree with you there, but it was really late soo...yea. I'll get another eye in soon and see how it goes .

Here's some figure studies from today and one from yesterday. Also a drawing that I spiffed up a bit from my huge pile of sketches. I'll be doing A LOT more figure studies I also found out that they're a nice way to relieve anger and stress . Also, I'll get the ref credits up shortly. I'm on my parents computer and they would be suspisious if I got on the "nude" websites even if it is for artistic purposes....This is what you get for being a teenager *facepalm*. Oh and as for the baby ref, I have no idea where that's from...Sorry :///.

EDIT: Here's a little bit more. Just some random little doodles and don't say anything about the dude on the bottom XD. It was drawn without a reference ._.. I'm thinking about taking the guy with the funny hat and robe thing a little further, I like him . Also, I'm going through a phase of wanting to draw middle eastern men? I dunno I like their funny hats .

Last edited by Nisshoku; August 1st, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New update on the middle eastern dude. I used a reference for the pose, but...He was wearing a leather jacket so it kinda messed up the dude`s arms...I`ll have to fix that using another ref. Lots of pictures from Prince of Perisa and Arabic men used here for his outfit (even though it`s not that interesting) and the thing by his neck is suppose to be cloth with an orb connected on the end, but...It just doesn`t look right, any suggestions on that?

Another thing, this will be updated with some sketches and figure studies late today, when I get to my scanner . Maybe even a little digital study...Not sure...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been on vacation for a few weeks, butttt now I'm back . I'm sad to say that I barely drew on vacation...I know, I know, shame on me, but here are some sketches I did. No refs used except on the quick sketchy face. Enjoy? Crits are welcome . Oh and I'll be working on the arabic dude tonight most likely, any ideas for a background? I wanna do one of him on the left side and like a landscapey thing on the right, but not sure what to do....I'll have to do some landscape studies, eh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work on that painting of the eye up there. Your pencil sketches could improve a lot if you stopped smudging your pencils and tried to shade along the form instead. Although smudging is a perfectly viable and professional technique with pencils, when you are first starting it ends up looking very amateurish and is a bit of a hold back. It's just better to use many lines instead, or the side of the pencil to make broad sweeping strokes of graphite.

That arabian dude looks pretty cool, but the face threw me off. You should get some sharper angles in there to make him look more masculine, because at first I thought he was a girl. Don't be afraid to use photo reference for his face even though he's kind of a concept character.

Don't take any of these crits too hard on yourself, I'm just trying to help you out. Keep up the good work!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cdejong For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cdejong: Umm...Any smudging is done by paper being rubbed together, I've been practicing not using smudging because my art teacher KILLS us if we do . And yea I agree about his face, I was kinda going for "boyish looking man" but...It just looks awkward ://. So yea, I'll be fixing that up soon .

Well....This was SUPPOSED to be a good, speedy practice on buildings (cause I've hardly EVER done them before) but it all ended up in crappy painting, perspective errors and frustration. Any ideas on how to get perspective right, creating bolder, nicer more speedy look colors, and keeping the frustration down?? Please let me know if you do!! Oh and here's my steps...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's something before I go to bed. It's a wip of a speed paint part of my daily speedy: milkshake style project .

Reference here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jarrett...73177/sizes/l/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no update for a while, sorry! I had A LOT of homework during the week. Last minute things to do ect. Here`s an update from last night`s work. A little creepy girl .

Reference by May Xiong

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my newest sketch for a contest piece . Please, I need crit on this. I didn't think it was quite ready for the wip section yet . Oh and the reason the horse is so big because the fairy is actually sorta small. Not super small, but kinda

References and/or Inspirations:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mape_s/346930948/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkadog/3432890728/
    http://www.style-arena.jp/en/street/...o/0908/w1.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey nisshoku! nice stuff, but you should work on you brush efficiency! try to paint something with as few as possible brushstrokes....
    keep goin, lady!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jatherip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jatherip: Thanks! Could you clarify on the big brush idea though, I don't really get what you mean :/.

So....I painted something today, but it looks really muddy because I had to use stupid Gimp and when you blend it just like....makes it look gross and muddy . My photoshop is all screwy so until I find a stable one, this'll have to do. *shrug* Anyway, here's the steps ect.

Sketch
    Block in
    Blend
    Details and Finish

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work so far, your paintings are excellent so are your ink sketches. Keep up the good work.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Icedearth15876 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Icedearth: Thank you

Here's a little update for you guys . It's a piece I've been working on for my Drawing class. The objective was to find an animal with it's mouth and eyes open and "wrap" it in ribbons. This is my finished rough draft and I will be tracing it onto bristol board on monday. Sorry I had to take a picture of it, it was too big to fit on my scanner :/. Oh and there will be solid black negative space in between some of the ribbons .

NOTE: The original drawing of the wolf was gridded from a small image, not free hand drawn.

Tools:
    Cheap flimsy paper
    2H pencil
    Mechanical pencil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Speed paint of King Xerxes of Persia for a History project. And yes this is what he actually looked like .

Reference: http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domai...-history-6.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The rooftops have a very nice Islandy feel to them. I like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hope you keep at it

Hi Nisshoku,

Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. It looks like you've got a great start and I hope you keep up with it. I think your apple is one of your best paintings actually.

Have you read the "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain," book by Betty Edwards? It might help a lot with your pencil sketches and portraits. You seem to "see," better when you are painting then when you are drawing!

Oh, and for perspective, try just practicing with some cubes in perspective first, before you go to more complicated things like houses. After you've mastered that, try a cube with the corner sliced off, and so on. . .

Last edited by illustrateth; October 1st, 2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: adding comment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no updates from me for over a month. Honestly, I'm not surprised. After school started, art's become an after thought. It's not really the "slightly burning passion" that I had during the summer and is more of a "ehh.... art. big deal" so don't be surprised if you don't see me around much anymore, I've pretty much given up the entire art track. All of you keep at it though, you guys are tomorrow's artists and...I'm very disappointed to say I won't be a part of that group. I want to be, but I don't want it enough it's not something I'd give up everything for like you guys would. The passion just died, mostly because it was just failure, failure, failure, failure, a glimpse of triumph, failure, failure andddd more failure. So, basically, I give up. Nice to have seen you guys and I'll still keep checking in and critiquing, I just won't be posting anymore works.

see ya,
    niss

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to have a word to say to you but you basically said it..you want it, but not enough
    And failure..well..that goes somehow hand in hand; if you do not want it enough, you won't give your best, and that won't help you to improve...

I just wish you could reconsider and still post..but if not, i am glad you gave it a try, even if it was over the summer!

And who knows..perhaps you'll start again in the winter break? Tehehhe

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Little update. We had an assignment in art to make an inkscape sooo yea, here's that lol. Also, I loved working with ink a lot, so I started on a portrait using it. I don't have a lot of practice with it so I'm still in the early stages lol. Any tips or hints would be awesome .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok... I think I'm back. We'll see how it goes haha. Here's a little progress on a portrait I'm doing. I may expand on it and such, but for now it's just painting practice. The proportions are off, I know, and I'm working on it .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, we have the same weaknesses, don't worry, you can work through them. If you keep posting daily you'll improve for sure. Just keep your goal in mind and KEEP POSTING.

Have you tried out "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"? It's a good book for improving your observational drawing. I found it really helpful when I was getting ready for university and it gives you daily exercises to do. Its only for pure life drawing, but it's a good starting point.

That apple study looks great, your pretty good with color already. But you the tones on that last face are too close to each other. You should try to get some more contrast in there. It's good that your getting lots of color in the skin tone. Looking good.

Keep fighting, rah rah rah!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to MoKhi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moki: Thank you so much . Yea, I agree on the portrait, I'm still working on that side of the face so yea. I've also fixed the proportions a lot, I'll update a new screen cap on here today. I've heard a lot about that book, but honestly haven't looked into it. I'll check it out (especially since my b-day is coming up) because I really need help on observation drawing (like, real, real bad haha). Thank you for your comments, it means a lot .

EDIT: Here's some things I've been working on today. The gymnast is a sketch I did last night and I started speed coloring it today. I used a ref for the drawing, but trying to not use it for coloring. Any tips/hints ect. for coloring is always useful. Also, I know a ribbon doesn't do that, I just wanted it too -.- lol. The other is just a more recent update on my portrait. Still working on the right side of the face also, any tips for brows? For some reason, i have lots of trouble lol.

Last edited by Nisshoku; December 31st, 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phew it's been a while! School and art class has got me swamped. I really need towork on the laziness factor ~_~. I'm avoiding doing a project for a big art contest.... It's because colored pencils scare me... Ok well that has driven me to start on a little thingy ma bob (just a short little speedy mini project) for a group on deviantart. The them is love (original, right? -_-)

when it's all done, I'll add copyrights for refs ect.

EDIT: Here's some more work done. I can see that she looks mad and the face still needs work sooo yea. It's two am so I'm goin to bed .

Last edited by Nisshoku; February 13th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More work on that mini project. I'm not happy with the hair just yet and the face needs a little bit more of touching up, but still any feed back? I really went into the hair practically blind not knowing what I was doing so for never really doing hair in digital art before, I'm pretty proud of myself .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little sketch of Alice from Alice in Wonderland . May paint it, dunno.

Ref: http://fantasystock.deviantart.com/a...ose-8-29145810

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1