Critique on Alternative Rock band Single cover.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Critique on Alternative Rock band Single cover.

Hey people, need some critique here. The band is local (from Ecuador), and is pretty good. The songs name is called "El Cuadro" (Which means - The Painting, The Scene, The Square, depending on how you translate it - but in this case, it's the second translation). Well, the song is basically talks about sex/skin/foot licking, vomiting, domination and what not haha.. the song is pretty good. I wish you could hear it but, it's not out yet so.. too bad on that.

On to the illustration: I decided to be more subtle about the sexual undertones, and make just a hot chick, sitting, looking at something, in a state of arousal. She has to look kinda skanky as well (hence she's in panties) (it's a theme the band uses)... What do you think so far? I want critiques on proportions, anatomy, maybe even composition. So far it's in a 30% stage more or less. I still got to give it lots of color, maybe a more interesting background... but for now I'm thinking a stale background will suffice. The left space is reserved for the band logo and single title.. (type)

PAINTOVER CRITIQUES WELCOME! Thanks for your time guys..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My main crit is about the composition. You ought to exploit the fact that the CD case is nearly square and frame your elements accordingly. The chair is heavily cropped and I figure that even after adding the title, the lower left corner of the image will seem neglected. You could frame the chair and position the girl so they better occupy the space available to them; some examples (as you can see, I suck at sketching with a tablet ):

Name:  Album1.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  46.5 KB Name:  Album2.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  48.5 KB

I sketched the girl in more nonchalant, slovenly postures to better occupy space and to imply a stronger message of decadence. Also, perhaps you could add a slightly 'shocking' element, like a piece of trash or broken booze bottle at her feet. Any classic pinup will look sexual, but I think yours could use a bit more to clue us in on the song's rather... extreme topics.

I think the overall simplicity and lack of heavy background is appropriate, though.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sekino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Concuero con el segundo de Sekino si aún podés volver hacia atrás.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lennon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,
    Sekino - Thanks for the input, though I decided to leave the leg positions as it is. I had to put a pool of blood in there, and I didn't want the legs touching the,.. I also wanted a more sitting pose for her as well. Thanks for your very useful input though Hope you like the final version a bit..

Lennon - Me quedé igual en el sentido de la pose. Espero que te guste la versión final.

This is the final version (with band logo and all):

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sí, me encanta, quedó buenísimo de todas formas. Tiene una onda en la forma de en que está desplegado el color que le da un efecto buenísimo. Es como si fuera realista, pero con una influencia de los trazos de Modigliani.
    Te felicito.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lennon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gracias Lennon!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay. I like it. I don't know about the lights in the chair. I like them there it's the shape that bothers me.

I'm the guy that does his job! You must be the other guy!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...73#post2633373 <- longest link to a sketchbook ever.
    http://thesketchersden.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.