View testimonialsView Artwork

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Murgen's Finished Work

Some new work, hope you enjoy it.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by Murgen; January 24th, 2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

"I have transcended that phase in my intellectual growth where I discover humour in simple freakishness. What exists is real; therefore it is tragic, since whatever lives must die. Only fantasy, the vapors rising from sheer nonsense, can now excite my laughter." - Lord Pirmence of Castle Lutez
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just updated images above : )

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

"I have transcended that phase in my intellectual growth where I discover humour in simple freakishness. What exists is real; therefore it is tragic, since whatever lives must die. Only fantasy, the vapors rising from sheer nonsense, can now excite my laughter." - Lord Pirmence of Castle Lutez

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first one and broken robot are super cool. I think if you made the guys cape swing to the left, it might flow better and reflect the blue on the sky+the red glow as well. Making the fire balls in the foreground bigger would bring you into the piece more as well. I like the lizards a lot, didn't notice them at first. cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The robot rocks, but I think conceptually, my favorite of the group is the last one. Very comforting, peaceful image. I think if you turned down the transparency on the dragon coming from the flute, it might give it a more spiritual kind of vibe. But it looks great either way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much for the feedback guys.

Vertebra - I see what your saying, I definitely agree in regards to the fireballs - I think they would benefit from being a bit larger.

Max - I was thinking something similar with the dragon, he is a bit too transparent at the moment and does not read as well as I would have liked. As soon as I get a bit of free time from work I am going to go back in and make the dragons body, closest to the viewer, more opaque in a deep red sort of way.

Thanks again for your comments they are much appreciated.

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New piece I did for the Krampus challenge over on artorder.blogspot

Murgen's Finished Work

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Assassin Devil for artorder's latest challenge.

Murgen's Finished Work

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bud good stuff. The chimney gremlin is my favorite. And thanks for introducing me to that artorder blog!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks andantyn0 - yeah artorder is a must read blog if your interested in this kind of work.

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished this one - a personal piece of a made up bullfighter assassin of sorts...

Murgen's Finished Work

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sense of scale on many of these, but my recommendation would be to choose your palette more carefully. There're often a lot of super-saturated colors competing with each other and taking focus away from your main figure/area of interest. Try to limit the intense colors and use them only in specific areas, typically to focus attention somewhere.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dnakayama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for most of your figures, i feel like the proportions of the parts of the body are off from one another. for example, in that last bull fighter piece, the hands are too small and the neck is too thick.

i really like your sense of lighting and colour though. dnakayama does bring up a good point in how saturated your colors tend to be, so maybe if you rein in the saturation on certain background objects, your pieces might look a little less flat and 'breathless' so to speak.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lalali For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.