Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: sketchbook87

Thanks
    thanks paddy! yeh i tried it out now and im defiantly going to change that. im also starting to have second thoughts about the head. i did make it a little bigger but i really wanted the Armour to look big on her which might be lost if i take it to far. im going to mess around with the size of that again.
    thanks gutss! lol peter mandelson is too funny not to have as an icon XD . and thanks for the comments about the arms. i think im going to try and get a reference for the arms to work from. that will hopefully make the arms feel more natural.

some stuff from today. all studies (including the worst ever self portrait. i still need work at doing skin tone from life >.<).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    to make the armour look big on her shrink her body slightly but leave the head, at the moment she's 8 1/2 heads tall, which is big even for a male superhero. Go for about 7 and she'll look late adolescent with big armour on.

cheerio

p.s. nice brush work on the sp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to young paddy1 For This Useful Post:

Alex Baer is offline Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive
    Thanks
    hey man, you have some cool concepts here, and the self portraits look great. like other poeple have said, watch the proportions of your figures, but i already see improvement in your newer studies. keep at it!
    My Sketchbook

Soldiers/Mercenaries SB

"Ooh! Now that's good work! The skulls... the bodies... you give it all such a glow! I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

Born, raised, and still residing in Hollister, California
    Thanks
    awesome. its an overall good sketchbook so far. im really fond of the lip and hand studies. the self-portraits are good too. great job. keep it up

Thanks
    thanks again paddy! i'll take her down to 7 heads.
    thanks Alex!
    thanks dU5K!

some more junk from today. i had a quick go at making robot thing (JCB of the future xD). did some drawings forcing on line with dip pen and another self portrait.

Thanks
    some stuff from the weekend. i went to see u2 at wembley on saturday so not much got done that day but i tryed to keep myself working when i could.
    so here's my long illustration. i tryed to fix all the stuff raised by everyone. i think im just gona leave it as it is for now and start the next one. :/
    theres also some studies, experimental mark making and some more self portraits. i'm slow getting better with the portraits. :/

Thanks
    some more daily self portraits, doodles and some thumbs for my next illustration. i've also been working on an animation which involves me cutting each frame by hand. its taking ages but i was so inspired by the amazing work that shadow play studio did for juno opening credits i had to give it ago.

Thanks
    good stuff sir--some crits tho:
    the pelvis in a lot of your designs seams to disappear. it seems to jump straight from belly to legs--do some hardcore studies of this region. also, sometimes your females are appearing too broad in the rib cage/shoulders and not correctly proportioned with the legs.
    i notice in a lot of your gesture drawings, the legs seem to be an afterthought rather than main structure. Trying distinguish the longest verticals in your gesture so that the legs don't fall of into narrow-disproportioned parts.

not tryingt o be harsh, but you're on a roll already so i know you can improve
    "Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks hala! be as harsh as you like. i know it all for a good cause! and thanks for the advice on the figures. i'm trying to get better at that. need loads my practice and you advice helped try and focus abit more

some more junk. the catherdral this time was winchester. went there on friday.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    Interesting sketchbook mate.You have good skills and you are doing a lot of studies.
    So keep up the studies and avoid making random brushtrokes when rendering(study the planes and make each brushtroke follow the curve of the surface)[i just noticed it in some of the works]
    Keep up the good work and thnx for stopping by my sketchbook

Thanks
    thanks kingkostas! i'll try to keep that in mind when rendering stuff out, thanks man.
    also your sketchbook is awesome!

a few things some hand stuff, self portraits and abit more work on that paint ive been meaning to finish for awhile now. :/

Thanks
    i think your work is really interesting, keep up the training

Thanks
    thanks towy

some junk for the last few days. managed to get a andrew loomis book so kind studying that at the moment. hopefully a few studies of his stuff will sharpen up my figures abit more :/

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.