Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 Art?

Thanks

Diablo 3 Art?

Anybody know who did these pieces. I can't seem to find info on the artist anywhere on line. His signature is PHR but that doesn't tell me a whole lot. Any clue?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Looks a bit like the work of Prostate Sunrise to me, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Thanks
    whoa sick

Thanks
    It looks cool but I'm not particularly enthralled.

Thanks
    Some of the main Blizzard artists have galleries up at http://www.sonsofthestorm.com but I'm not sure if this is any of their work, haven't visited the site for ages...

Thanks
    kab - Thanx for the link. I actually found this site a couple of weeks ago (unrelated to this search) and it's pretty damn sweet! I'm gonna check it again now, but I don't remember seeing this guys art there... so weird. He's an enigma!

Dan.v.D - Right!?

Peter Coen - Check out this vid. This guy did some pretty sick battle scenes! And there's some other amazing work from him here.

Thanks
    Yeah, doesn't look like any of the artwork from SotS.

If he's not a new artist, maybe check for credits in other blizzard games?

Thanks
    some of those heads and legs remind me of wes. the armour has that guildwar touch. the bg looks black isle. some of the shoulders and arms are killer. lol i wanna know who did that or if it was a team effort or what. that isn't stuff "anbody" or some unknown rookie could do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    I'm kind of worried about this new Diablo. I like how in the previous ones, there was a certain gothic, pale, neutral, darkness, even in a really bright city like Lut Gholein. The soundtrack, at least when I first heard it, seems overdone and I noticed already people were comparing it to Blizzard's other franchises. I've seem some gameplay footage and some artwork... Even Tristram is looking too vibrant for me: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/worl...s/tristram.xml

I hope at least some of the music sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

Creepy, not overdone music = Epic.

Jesus, now I really wanna play Diablo 2. I have the expansion disc somewhere I think, but not the original. .__.

Blog Thing: http://www.velda.me/
    Twitter Thing: @velderia

12. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capprotti View Post
    Peter Coen - Check out this vid. This guy did some pretty sick battle scenes! And there's some other amazing work from him here.
    That stuff is cool and imo is better than the stuff in the orriginal post. My main point here is that I'm kinda tired of buff dudes with big shoulder pads carrying big brutal looking weapons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    That stuff is cool and imo is better than the stuff in the orriginal post. My main point here is that I'm kinda tired of buff dudes with big shoulder pads carrying big brutal looking weapons.
    Same. We need concept art of skinny, starving-looking old dudes who are brewing potions and making rude jokes in a funny accent as soon as they introduce themselves... And more females.

Blog Thing: http://www.velda.me/
    Twitter Thing: @velderia

15. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by velderia View Post
    I'm kind of worried about this new Diablo. I like how in the previous ones, there was a certain gothic, pale, neutral, darkness, even in a really bright city like Lut Gholein. The soundtrack, at least when I first heard it, seems overdone and I noticed already people were comparing it to Blizzard's other franchises. I've seem some gameplay footage and some artwork... Even Tristram is looking too vibrant for me: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/worl...s/tristram.xml

I hope at least some of the music sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

Creepy, not overdone music = Epic.

Jesus, now I really wanna play Diablo 2. I have the expansion disc somewhere I think, but not the original. .__.
    I think the same could be said for the differences between Diablo I and Diablo II, well not colour exactly. Diablo I was much much more demonic and disturbing than Diablo II was. The first game always made me feel like there was an air of anxiety and death much more than the second one.

I'm not really too bothered by the colour change. I mean, muted colours are nice and all, but when they actually pop out. Nothing really popped out for me, but that could be because of old graphics.

As far as music goes, from what I've heard, it's not that far off from DII, but that's just me.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more gothic looking environments, but it's not as though we've got enough to go off of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1