Diablo 3 Art?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 Art?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Diablo 3 Art?

Anybody know who did these pieces. I can't seem to find info on the artist anywhere on line. His signature is PHR but that doesn't tell me a whole lot. Any clue?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks a bit like the work of Prostate Sunrise to me, but I'm not sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa sick

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks cool but I'm not particularly enthralled.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of the main Blizzard artists have galleries up at http://www.sonsofthestorm.com but I'm not sure if this is any of their work, haven't visited the site for ages...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kab - Thanx for the link. I actually found this site a couple of weeks ago (unrelated to this search) and it's pretty damn sweet! I'm gonna check it again now, but I don't remember seeing this guys art there... so weird. He's an enigma!

Dan.v.D - Right!?

Peter Coen - Check out this vid. This guy did some pretty sick battle scenes! And there's some other amazing work from him here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, doesn't look like any of the artwork from SotS.

If he's not a new artist, maybe check for credits in other blizzard games?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some of those heads and legs remind me of wes. the armour has that guildwar touch. the bg looks black isle. some of the shoulders and arms are killer. lol i wanna know who did that or if it was a team effort or what. that isn't stuff "anbody" or some unknown rookie could do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm kind of worried about this new Diablo. I like how in the previous ones, there was a certain gothic, pale, neutral, darkness, even in a really bright city like Lut Gholein. The soundtrack, at least when I first heard it, seems overdone and I noticed already people were comparing it to Blizzard's other franchises. I've seem some gameplay footage and some artwork... Even Tristram is looking too vibrant for me: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/worl...s/tristram.xml

I hope at least some of the music sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

Creepy, not overdone music = Epic.

Jesus, now I really wanna play Diablo 2. I have the expansion disc somewhere I think, but not the original. .__.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Capprotti View Post
    Peter Coen - Check out this vid. This guy did some pretty sick battle scenes! And there's some other amazing work from him here.
    That stuff is cool and imo is better than the stuff in the orriginal post. My main point here is that I'm kinda tired of buff dudes with big shoulder pads carrying big brutal looking weapons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    That stuff is cool and imo is better than the stuff in the orriginal post. My main point here is that I'm kinda tired of buff dudes with big shoulder pads carrying big brutal looking weapons.
    Same. We need concept art of skinny, starving-looking old dudes who are brewing potions and making rude jokes in a funny accent as soon as they introduce themselves... And more females.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by velderia View Post
    I'm kind of worried about this new Diablo. I like how in the previous ones, there was a certain gothic, pale, neutral, darkness, even in a really bright city like Lut Gholein. The soundtrack, at least when I first heard it, seems overdone and I noticed already people were comparing it to Blizzard's other franchises. I've seem some gameplay footage and some artwork... Even Tristram is looking too vibrant for me: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/worl...s/tristram.xml

I hope at least some of the music sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

Creepy, not overdone music = Epic.

Jesus, now I really wanna play Diablo 2. I have the expansion disc somewhere I think, but not the original. .__.
    I think the same could be said for the differences between Diablo I and Diablo II, well not colour exactly. Diablo I was much much more demonic and disturbing than Diablo II was. The first game always made me feel like there was an air of anxiety and death much more than the second one.

I'm not really too bothered by the colour change. I mean, muted colours are nice and all, but when they actually pop out. Nothing really popped out for me, but that could be because of old graphics.

As far as music goes, from what I've heard, it's not that far off from DII, but that's just me.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more gothic looking environments, but it's not as though we've got enough to go off of.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same. We need concept art of skinny, starving-looking old dudes who are brewing potions and making rude jokes in a funny accent as soon as they introduce themselves... And more females.
    And canibal natives and floating swarms of shrunken heads and imps who look like mischevous children running around naked and kids in wartorn 3rd world countries toting AK47s and steampunk wizard of Oz characters and evil fairies and elves who are not perceived as the epitomy of good guys but instead are a mysterious unsettling force turning the forces of nature against mankind...

and vampires that don't sparkle.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phroilan Gardner

And about D3... don't you worry

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m@. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you Matt!!!! I can't believe how hard that was to find, but ya came through. Good lookin out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Im definitely in the boat of: this game is going to be F'ing awesome. Call me a sellout. I can't wait.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I loved DII but the whole enviroment, music and just the overall feel of the original Diablo is still something I gauge the entire series by. Especially loved to see my character's appearance change when I picked up those special armors in D1. Can't wait for D3 though.
    Was wondering who the artist was as well, thanks m@.

the sole intention is learning to fly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaa! those look horrible. rough concepts too. i am to blame, haha.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phrozac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by phrozac View Post
    aaa! those look horrible. rough concepts too. i am to blame, haha.
    Every time someone with your skills says that, a kitten dies.
    Why do you hate kittens?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... And more females.

Please no!
    Diablo 3 Art?
    (probably by the same artist)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    We need concept art of skinny, starving-looking old dudes who are brewing potions and making rude jokes in a funny accent as soon as they introduce themselves...
    I'm sure Ilaekae would be honoured if you guys made a concept out of him.

You found nothing on Google on who made it?

Try again, shouldn't be too hard.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i agree with m@ we need not worry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 753 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Here you go:

Diablo 3 Art?
    Diablo 3 Art?

Last edited by Farvus; September 5th, 2009 at 07:50 PM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farvus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have faith in the art direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    One of the biggest problems I had with D1 & 2 was the lack of respect for your enemy. The game starts out super easy. All you do is walk up to the first zombie, beat him in the head with a stick. He says "ugh" and drops to the ground. You get one gold. Or a cap. All the game really is, is you repeat this one step process 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. The only real tension comes from when they start taking bigger hits on you, and your health drops faster (for which you have a belt with 16 super health potions).

Compare that to Resident Evil 2 (for N64) where you start out with a pistol and about five zombies all around you. I died like five times before I realized it was impossible to kill them (and I had to save ammo) and I learned to just run around them, and flee. It gave a whole new level of reality to the game. In D2, you gain levels and hit points, so that pretty soon, entire levels of the map are just simple walks in the park. In Resident Evil, those same zombies in the beginning are still just as dangerous at the very end. And, you don't have to worry about grinding through the same area endlessly, hoping for some randomly generated item that'll be a point or two better than what you already have.

A game should feel like entertainment, not work. In D3, it seems they're working on this, giving more AI and creativity to how monsters fight, with a few different tactics and more minibosses. Fighting doesn't have to be complicated. You don't need Street Fighter II type controls (although that'd be interesting). Just look back to the first Prince of Persia game. You can have an exciting duel with just thrust, dodge, and parry. Give the monsters an ability to actually block with their shields, and learn when to thrust vs when to parry, and each encounter will be infinitely more entertaining.

Last edited by TASmith; September 6th, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    on another note m@. do you have any more Blizz artists blogs , I would love
    to take a look if ya do, cause i know you're in the know about these things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    One of the biggest problems I had with D1 & 2 was the lack of respect for your enemy. The game starts out super easy. All you do is walk up to the first zombie, beat him in the head with a stick. He says "ugh" and drops to the ground. You get one gold. Or a cap. All the game really is, is you repeat this one step process 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. The only real tension comes from when they start taking bigger hits on you, and your health drops faster (for which you have a belt with 16 super health potions).

Did you even play d2?
    That's the main reason we bloody played, fast killing of lots of enemies, lots of powerlevelling, trying out ridiculous builds(wirtadin anyone?). Had 19 bloody accounts because it was fun, simple and more addictive than cocaine. So many tens of thousands of mephiruns...
    Too bad they added the torch and other overpowered items, because now everyone needs those items, making them the main target for goldfarmers to collect, together with bugged items :/
    Or that you need specific items to make a specific build(bearadin and so on),
    instead of relying on just the skilltree to go absolutely nuts and leave the items as mere upgrades.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post

Compare that to Resident Evil 2 (for N64) where you start out with a pistol and about five zombies all around you. I died like five times before I realized it was impossible to kill them (and I had to save ammo) and I learned to just run around them, and flee. It gave a whole new level of reality to the game. In D2, you gain levels and hit points, so that pretty soon, entire levels of the map are just simple walks in the park. In Resident Evil, those same zombies in the beginning are still just as dangerous at the very end. And, you don't have to worry about grinding through the same area endlessly, hoping for some randomly generated item that'll be a point or two better than what you already have.

A game should feel like entertainment, not work. In D3, it seems they're working on this, giving more AI and creativity to how monsters fight, with a few different tactics and more minibosses. Fighting doesn't have to be complicated. You don't need Street Fighter II type controls (although that'd be interesting). Just look back to the first Prince of Persia game. You can have an exciting duel with just thrust, dodge, and parry. Give the monsters an ability to actually block with their shields, and learn when to thrust vs when to parry, and each encounter will be infinitely more entertaining.
    Two things:

1) You missed the point.

2) Increase the difficulty settings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phrozac! - Any chance you could start a Diablo 3 thread with all your "HORRIBLE" art in the It's Finally Finished section? Ha ha, seriously, that shit was lookin hot, share!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1