Looking for good material for studying simplified detailing in perspective drawings
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Looking for good material for studying simplified detailing in perspective drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looking for good material for studying simplified detailing in perspective drawings

Hello folks!

I've been working on some perspective drawings of buildings lately and I've been running into a lot of trouble.

I was hoping that some of you here could point me in the direction of any good tutorials you liked, or if you suggest any dvd's, books, etc., that are good for learning how to hand render buildings.

I just want to note that I'm working with graphite pencils, and a little charcoal and some ink/markers, so I'm looking for something geared towards these mediums, there are already slews of dvd's and whatnot for doing so digitally.

The things I'm having the most trouble with is not perspective itself,but rather keeping my buildings from looking too blocky, and how to know when, where, and how to simplify shapes. Like how do I imply wood panel siding, or a building constructed of wooden boards without rendering out each board individually, etc., complex lighting for complex geometry (scott robertson is already helping me with that one), and overall just keeping a looser feel to the technical illustrations I'm trying to do while keeping it lively looking and having it retain some of that "bounce".

Thanks a lot!

Sep

Last edited by Sepulverture; July 16th, 2009 at 01:49 AM.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.