Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jonnydark's Arms Race of Creativity

Thanks

Jonnydark's Arms Race of Creativity

Hello!

I'm jonathan and i'm a huge fan of conceptart's philosophy... to help artists connect, showcase and most importantly of all... learn! Since i'm in the summer between first and second year of illustration i felt i needed some sort of help getting better... And this is the best freaking spot on the net to do that.

To start off i figured i'd show what i sketched tonight:

I also did these two tonight... If you don't like transformers and robots you better avert your eyes at this point.

The rest were done recently, within the last few months.

I'm not particularly proud of how the colours turned out on this devastator... i really rushed a few steps then tried to repair it when i should have started over. Does anyone know good robot painting tutorials?

as you can tell i'm a big fan of the smoke trick. No more room on the page? no problem! Just add smoke!

Okay that's enough for now.

Stay tuned for more stuff... and thanks for looking!
    "Good art is just the basics done really well over and over again." - Jonathan Barker

Watch out for the dream killers. They'll tell you to quit, they'll say you'll never make it, they'll say you're crazy, they'll say they have your best interests at heart... And if you listen to them they're right.

Website
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Your work looks great °_° what the hell u need to improve in ? XD
    learning
    LOOKING FOR MENTOR

Thanks
    Strassenpenner08 - Wow thanks man! That's high praise. But yeah i have lots to work on... all i have to do is look at my friends work! (or any other thread in this forum)

Here are five more sketches from tonight.
    "Good art is just the basics done really well over and over again." - Jonathan Barker

Watch out for the dream killers. They'll tell you to quit, they'll say you'll never make it, they'll say you're crazy, they'll say they have your best interests at heart... And if you listen to them they're right.

Website

Thanks
    some stuff done tonight.

Website

Thanks
    Hey mate; some good stuff here I think you need to slow down on your sketching though: at the moment there are quite a few lazy lines and an overall lack of definition. I like the trooper with the big backpack!
    Please give erudite, constructive critiques or give none at all.

- b l o g - s k e t c h b o o k -

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell." - Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    nice start mate, really like your sketches but would like to recommend you to start some anatomy studies like phig said your sketches are lag of definition and construction you will see after month of anatomy studies your sketches will look much more great than now keep pushing man!
    best regards!

Thanks
    phiq - I am such an impatient drawer... i just want to get stuff on to the page as fast as possible! I will definitely try and slow down and draw with care. Thanks to you i've started looking at some Anatomy for the Artist books... and i'll pull out Virtual pose and sketch some of those in the future. Thanks!

Peter Berkovski - what is construction? i've never heard of that term before. Thanks man!

Website

Thanks
    Someone lent me the Feng Zhu Gnomon dvd. Pretty sweet stuff!

Website

Thanks
    something doesn't read right with the white metal. But i can't figure out what it is.

Website

Thanks
    I was just having fun trying to paint like bobby chiu. This is the result.

Website

Thanks
    i had a ridiculous amount of fun doing this for a friend of mine.

Website

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts
    I do not know either what does it mean when someone says that you are lack of construction, but I would like to know it.
    I would advice to use darker lines when you draw. I like how you did the concept of the trooper with the backpack and the medic and how you digital painted them. Great work.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    LtPlissken - Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping i'll improve even furthar in digital painting soon.

Okay, final post before i start doing figure studies!

Website

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast