Thanks

American Chopper

So, does anyone watch this show? The discovery channel has got some great shows. American Chopper, Monster Garage, Monster House... all great.

Its just amazing watching the creative process involved in building a chopper that looks like spiderman, or a 25 foot tall parade float shaped like santa that shoots candy out of its hands (monster garage) or a house change into a retro bachelor pad with tubes that shoot beer throughout the house.

So any fans? I know a lot of people here have to already befans, but if you aren't, you should at least check them out. I don't even ride motorcycles, but damn these bikes are hot.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    it's my fave stuff on right now...the same types of peeps make games in ways..there is always the bossy one..the creative one..the funny one...the business minded one....i love the creative process for sure but it is nice to see the human side to working as a team under pressure.

those guys are funny...and human too. they make some badass bikes fo sure.

jason

Thanks
    Auuughh! I hate the dad because he's an asshole! And I hate the son because he's a lazy ass! ARGH!

Thanks
    i have decided that when i become famous I'm getting me a custom made bike (when i'm not driving my Lancer Evolution(i don't own one yet, but in the future, i will.... )

Thanks
    I like those shows, too. The Monster Garage of the trike makes me want to go build my own.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    yeah the dad makes me want to shoot myself, i can't stand igroance in my life and i won't stand for it on television.

Thanks
    American Chopper

American Chopper
    www.robertomarchesi.com

Thanks
    I have to agree, very good shows.
    I dont care much for the people, i just like seeing the projects come together.

Thanks
    actually I'm just the opposite. I don't care for the bikes that the Teutul's put out, I much prefer Jesse James' scoots, but I think the Teutul's are much more fun to watch. I think the dad is a riot. good shit.

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks

What themed bike would you haev American Chopper make for you?

What themed bike would you haev American Chopper make for you?

I think i'd get like a samurai/asian/dragon type one... gold leaf dragons on the side, maybe a subtly fabricated dragon head front fender.... perhaps a katana blade on the side, a la kill bill?

Thanks
    i love those shows... though personally i think Jesse james should have the show about choppers/ and his cars. imo his choppers are more bad ass than OCC.
    3-leg
    never ever stick your tongue in the electrical socket.... never...
    and if you do it once dont do it again.

"I always like to drive fast when I feel that way. you get it up to around ninety-five and you feel wonderful... It's fun in the country. you hit rabbits, sometimes you hit dogs."
    -Farenheit 451

Thanks
    I love those shows too, I saw that oringal doc on Jesse James way back, and I was hooked on his bikes. They have that awesome machine that custum cuts the metal for their wheels and stuff. That thing is awesome, I wonder how much it costs. I also loved the monster house where they turned it into a dinosaur house, that T-Rex skeleton in the living room was so cool. He made a whole skeleton out of styrofoam and epoxy. I want to try that. Did anyone see Jesse James on pun'k. He built a bike for Goldberg and as a joke, they were supposed to run over and blow up the motorcycle but they accidently missed it. That was pretty funny.

Thanks
    American Chopper, Monster Garage, Monster House. Yea those are all great. Very interesting to watch.
    http://muzikqueen79.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    I'm not the biggest American chopper fan but I try not to miss the Monster House shows. I've always had a weakness for shows on Discovery but these have been even better and better lately. I'm going to be buying my first house soon so I've been taking notes from Monster House. It's fun to think of owning a house and doing whatever the hell you want to it. Imagine a studio where anything goes! I've already got plans for the home office and we're not even approved yet. *crosses fingers*

Thanks
    American Chopper

Thanks
    I prefer junkyard wars the most, but arguements between the Teutels are entrancing.

Thanks
    Originally posted by mcotie
    actually I'm just the opposite. I don't care for the bikes that the Teutul's put out, I much prefer Jesse James' scoots, but I think the Teutul's are much more fun to watch. I think the dad is a riot. good shit.

Mitch
    I'm the same way with their work. I think its a bit too themy (if thats a word) and not quite as custom and they'd like everyone to believe.

Other artists out there that use less prefab parts and use more handworking get more props in my book.

The work is good but not a style I really appreciate too much.

The father also pisses me off. I hope he watches the show and sees the stupid stuff he argues about.

Monster garage was good the first few episodes but it seems now that they are running out of ideas and just come up with dumb stuff. Same with monster house where the first few were really creative then the ideas seem to be running a bit short.

Now they got American Hot Rod coming up and from the previews its looks like they scouted America to find another family that likes to yell at each other all day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    jesse is awesome, i love his show, and i love his bikes.

i love american choopers bikes also, but.. can't stand the 'stars'

Thanks
    I'm more of a car person, but the dynamics of the father-son team crack me up. I'm hooked on the show even though I probably will never ride a motorcycle (or have any interest in them).

Now ... when American Hot Rod premiers I'll be totally addicted to that one. Boyd Coddington makes some mean looking rods.