A reason why we do this...more than one actually.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,205 Times in 2,748 Posts
    Follows
    Following

A reason why we do this...more than one actually.

WHY the new program?

ConceptArt.Org is growing. We are building a comprehensive education plan, a HOST of new tech for the community including tools and new features, and working to make this the very best place to learn art, anywhere online. We have some new instructors coming aboard to make this happen. We are raising money for the community and major industry pros are going to be helping us do that. The new streaming tech will allow us to directly interact with students in a way not done before. There are a number of great programs planned.

Below is my comment from the other thread. It is useful to understand what we are up to:

"If I am taking the time to do this to support the community. Aside from teaching the Color Theory course based on my primary core studies in art over the past thirteen years, and sharing that knowledge with everyone, there is a goal I have for you all. The reason I am doing this right now is that we are still thousands of dollars short of completing the new blog/profile/main page/and social networking features, including a better jobs site. If I want to see that done for all of you, I have to raise the cash to make it happen. This is being done to support the growth of CA. The new main page is going to be killer. The amount of content for the new page that is stored up is really deep and it will be the primary news source for art online when we are done. Thanks to some talented folks, we have an excellent example and layout in which to work with. Gotta get going though as we are ready to build and install. CA needs the funds to do it so here I am.

What we have done so far (pertaining to the site upgrades):

Final skins are in progress. Example/Prototype is done.
    Loads of podcasts are in progress and done.
    Main page admins are found and ready to rock (Dwight and Swain from SideBar Nation are helping the community)
    Tech firm is found and ready to go as soon as budget is in. Bid is complete.
    Forums and systems are all updated and bug tested. Ready to add the new tech.
    Latest forums features are in place. Ready to now add the new tech.
    The online school site is in early development. This budget is also having to be raised. Thanks to our featured artist Sammy, we have another instructor to help me get this going after this course is done.
    The blog system is designed, as is the auto-updater. "

This site is very expensive to keep free and open. We want to see continued growth in ways that will help artists promote themselves, find jobs, find independence through study and honing skills, and really open up opportunity for creative folks who want nothing more than to have success. The pros here believe in the cause. Your support is hugely appreciated too. Considering these courses are more in depth than those you take in college, in many cases (I know for a fact that the color theory course is taught no where else, as it is in this program for example), the education you will get will help you see immediate improvement in your work. We hope this is all of help.

Thanks for reading!

Jason

Last edited by Jason Manley; July 13th, 2009 at 08:07 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds great, and I can't wait to see all the progress that will be coming from these new changes and programs--you guys provide an education that you simply can't get in school, and quite frankly I find it more valuable than some of the classes I pay 34k a year for at my University.
    You guys have my support!

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't wait! I've already downloaded the female portraiture video when it was released a while ago - lovely videos, and I honestly hope I can afford the live color theory course. What you guys are doing here is simply phenomenal. Thank you!

Totally have my support.

Aardvarkphil is offline Stepping into the darkness and finding the next step isn't there
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where do I sign up. I'm waitin' to be educated........

Bargue is my friend

Twitter and Facebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didnt know where elts to post this so please move it if this isnt the right spot. I am very interested in these live videos but the sad thing is i work 3rd shift so my prime hours for sleeping are between 10 am to like 3-4 pm. I work this shift to support my art and even get to do a few hours of art on the job. As you can see sadly i am asleep when most of these events are taking place. The main question i would like to ask is will these videos be recorded and put up for purchase like other videos that i have purchased. If not i think thats a great tragedy beacuse there are two videos ive already considered purchasing but would not be able to participate beacuse of the times they are taking place. So let me know whats up.

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Thanked 11,205 Times in 2,748 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    They are available to stream for 30 days each. We will not be putting out downloads of them. There is a lot of info and conversation in the threads in the forum for the vids too. You can get them by clicking the shop button in the toolbar atop the site.

J

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks jason i have purchased 3 of those videos already and have found alot of useful tips from them. I go back and watch them every few months again when im looking to relax and every time it seems like i pick up a little something more. Thats why it almost sickens me to hear that these live videos arnt being put up for the ability to download. I guess i dont know since i havent taken part in one of the live streams yet. I happen to really belive in community and find what your trying to do with CA.org great and i want to help the site grow for all artists. Could i make a recommendation of trying to set it up that the live streams are recorded for those who have purchased it? I may not be able to take part but i would buy it if i knew i could come back and watch it several times after. I just pick so much more up the 3rd or 4th time ive watch it beacuse the first few times are so overwhelming. I hope you all talk about this and consider it ... if not then i guess ill have to try and do what i can working 3rds and trying to set days up off or something to try and catch a video.

Sorry after re-reading my post i ment to add that wouldnt the ability to have these videos for further purchase be a good things as well for future artists and those who dont have the funds at that point in time to take part?

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I support your work. Sincerely hope that you could put your heart and soul into it and you will get a bit success.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I bought my first streaming class over the labor day weekend, and it was WELL worth the money. Jason you were awesome, super informative, and great all around. I think the class was around four hours long and extremely helpful especially when Puck linked me to compilation of notes everyone in the class took. Thanks Jason!

---------
    "Lit by Air and stardust, humans are the eyes of the universe looking back on itself" - Me
    ---------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please could you consider making these streaming videos available for download. I would love to take part in the class but I'm not able to because of the time most of them take place and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    I have purchased quite a few videos and DVD s from Massive Black and part of the reasons for doing so was because I can go back and watch them as many times as I want without the restrictions of a 30 day time limit. I'm sure the information that's provided is amazing but for $45 you should be making them downloadable for long term use even if it's just to the people that purchase the streaming version first. Conversations about it in the forums are not really adequate alternatives to seeing things done in a video.
    I would really appreciate you considering this.
    Thanks

AJL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AJLee View Post
    Please could you consider making these streaming videos available for download. I would love to take part in the class but I'm not able to because of the time most of them take place and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    I have purchased quite a few videos and DVD s from Massive Black and part of the reasons for doing so was because I can go back and watch them as many times as I want without the restrictions of a 30 day time limit. I'm sure the information that's provided is amazing but for $45 you should be making them downloadable for long term use even if it's just to the people that purchase the streaming version first. Conversations about it in the forums are not really adequate alternatives to seeing things done in a video.
    I would really appreciate you considering this.
    Thanks

I believe it's been mentioned before that the reason they are taken down after 30 days is that it would no longer be cost effective for the space it takes up. (I think they have to pay for that? Feel free to correct this.)

The reason they're not downloads is because there were too many people pirating the downloads/dvds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Matani View Post
    I believe it's been mentioned before that the reason they are taken down after 30 days is that it would no longer be cost effective for the space it takes up. (I think they have to pay for that? Feel free to correct this.)

The reason they're not downloads is because there were too many people pirating the downloads/dvds.
    Man, that's too bad. Money is tight for me right now and I'd buy a chunk of those invaluable on-demands once I get back on my feet. Makes me sad that the knowledge that is contained in these on-demands will only be seen by a select few and then never be seen or heard again...damn.

Well, anyway, at least we have a good selection of downloadable content to choose from...and itchin for 4.0 to hit the Internets.

SKETCHBOOK

PORTFOLIO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've gotten alot of the downloads, and most of the streamers on demand. They are great. So I know they have to take them down eventually for cost effectiveness, soooo........does that mean they are gone forever? I wasn't able to get the Shawn Barber and Marko vids and I'm frickin' heart broken. Could they eventually be re-posted or some such thing? Sorry, I know very little of these things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hala View Post
    quite frankly I find it more valuable than some of the classes I pay 34k a year for at my University.
    ^^^^^^^^

Quoted for truth. And holy crap, I would so take one of these classes if I had the spare dosh.. Roll on next month!!

What about the sale prices on the streaming videos? How long are those going for, just so we know?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.