Sketchbook: Beginner's sketchbook!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Beginner's sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beginner's sketchbook!

Hey guys!
    Yeah finally i am opening a sketchbook so that you can bomb us with crits!
    We decided to get that drawing thingy done by practising much more than we did before.
    We recognized that it isn't enough to sketch sometimes in a month or a year so that we came up with the idea of battleing against each other. This means, we want to choose a topic, draw on our own and then post our images here so you can see the progress of us.
    By the way, i probably should say that we're absolute beginners in drawing so that the quality isn't that good!
    And one more thing, we first started off with some custome topics, so now there isn't any battletheme but there will! If someone of us doesn't get that chosen topic drawn in time he has to buy a pack of beer or something else. Just for some motivational pressure
    For now everything will be done digitally Maybe sometimes it will be analog too....
    So here are some things i did for a warmup these days. Hope you can find something for some positive words, hehe. But just have a look!

Cheers,
    Polygon.

P.S.: We have been inspired by this thread: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=135551 Thanks a lot man! Really really great choice of words! Fuck yeah!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heyho,
    this is the other part of the battle ^^
    atm i can only post what ive done today cuz the rest is not availabe for me now. anyway dont know if its worth it
    so here is my work for today:

crits r welcome
    bye

Last edited by frigge; July 12th, 2009 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    new stuff from me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, here is some more stuff frigge did. i am sorry that i didn't had the time for posting them earlier.
    i will update my stuff as soon as possible!
    cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome

Hmmmm great to see more and more beginners
    Nice to see you training your digital drawing skills, but I think you should first train draw on traditional way, to get better feeling, lines and your personal flow
    ^_^.... sure u can do what you want, but whether you are training digital or traditional ... keep on it .. and you will improve faster than you think ^_^

SP08

EDIT: OH !! frigge is your battle partner ^^ hmm i would say .. 1. Open up an own sketchbook 2. link them together in Signatur maybe like this: "frigge VS Polygon" 3. Please try to train traditional drawing first ... u will see the progress ^^

Last edited by Strassenpenner08; July 14th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
    learning
    LOOKING FOR MENTOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys
    i just wanted to share with you a drawing i did last night.i just drawed and it happened like this. somehow strange, but i like it a little... And yes i definitely suck at drawing hands feet and faces Theres so much to learn for me
    anyway have a look.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx strassenpenner08 (nice nick )
    bin mir gerade nich sicher, ob ich deutsch oder englisch schreiben sollte, wie auch immer: wir haben beide aktzeichnen anner uni, drum zeichnen wir so oda so auch traditionell, blos können wir hier nichts zeigen, weil er keinen scanner hat und ich an meinen nich ran komme (bin 300km von entfernt ^^).
    außerdem zeichne bzw. male ich atm sehr gerne am pc, weil ich das shading üben will und man da viel freier is als traditionell.
    trotzdem danke für anatomie/posen/proportionsübungen usw. werd ich definitiv auch weiter auf papier üben^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Polygon the idea is not bad... I can see your procedur ... color -> shading -> blend ...
    but thats very unclean.... try to shade some balls or take an apple and try to draw the apple ....

frigge: achsoo... hmm naja das selbe wie bei Polygon (kA ob der auch deutsch is xD) versuch erstmal einen ball zu malen .... wenn du das dann so weit kannst das du zufrieden bist nehm dir nen apfel und versuch den zu malen ..... per PN schick ich dir noch ne seite wo alles super erklärt ist ^^

learning
    LOOKING FOR MENTOR

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.