Jason Manley: Color and the Theory of Light - Closed - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Jason Manley: Color and the Theory of Light - Closed

Monkeydominator is offline Doesn't know about your pencil Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After an entire weekend without Internet, I come home to discover that there's a second chance to this course.

And of course I discover this when they're halfway through it.

I think I might just kill myself horribly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it is Sunday 26th, 2.44 p.m CDT, I paid for the lecture, went to the link page, entered my password (which was accepted), but all I have seen since 12.45 CDT is a spinning antenna in the centre of what I assume to be the viewing area in the browser.

I am using a Mac with Safari as the browser (also tried Firefox), same result, no lecture

I have a broadband connection with just under 10 MB download speed if that helps to eliminate any possibility.

David

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    For those few who had issues I will issue a refund. I will run this class again in a couple months if you missed it you will get a shot to hear it again.

J

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    For those few who had issues I will issue a refund. I will run this class again in a couple months if you missed it you will get a shot to hear it again.

J
    Hi Jason,

I was just very disappointed that I could not view it. I have the latest versions of both Firefox and Safari, with the latest Flash player plugin. Unfortunately, I only have access to a Mac, and cannot use Internet Explorer.

Is it possible to view a recording in another format, and is the current format Windows viewable only?

David

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it possible to buy the video stream of the course like one of the other downloads? I'd buy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sadly, I don't have the funds available until tomorrow (!!) to actually take this. Alas...I hope that we have the opportunity to take this again soon!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Second class just finished. I was able to catch the majority of both classes. SUPER helpful, well worth the $95. This class really did open my eyes to a lot of things, and will leave its mark on every color piece I do from now on. If you missed this, make sure to save up for the next one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, more than 7 hours of lecture. This was intense to say the least. So much information I didn't run across yet and weren't really likely to in the near future. Thank you plenty, Jason!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Information overload!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just sew the end of the 2nd run really good stuff. can't wait for the video the notes to watch it all again
    Thank you Jason Manley

May Strength Be Kind and Courage Gentle
    Princes of the Universe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much for sharing all of this priceless knowledge Jason! I'm surely going to be referring to my notes to use for my final year of study in Illustration.

Caught the lectures on both days. First night was a crazy information overload but on second view the stuff really sinks in. A little prior reading and a clear head to anybody taking this class in the future would make it all a little less daunting.

For sure, by the end of the lecture, you'll feel like you have this massive whole in your artistic knowledge filled in, ready to be implemented like crazy through tons of studies.

Hearing this stuff straight from Jason is so much more understandable than reading, oh and by the way, there is no single book (or even multiple) that could teach you all of this in such a down-to-earth and smooth flowing way. I'll be re-writing my notes again once the stream is available making sure I have it all down before the stream goes again. If this is ever available as a download, i will be buying it to review the info until it is mastered, if not for the pure sentiment of the whole thing.

Stay legendary and tart Jason, thanks a million!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Hi Jason,

I was just very disappointed that I could not view it. I have the latest versions of both Firefox and Safari, with the latest Flash player plugin. Unfortunately, I only have access to a Mac, and cannot use Internet Explorer.

Is it possible to view a recording in another format, and is the current format Windows viewable only?

David

Not sure why you could not. The main issues were people in italy chugging..three I think. Outside that went pretty well. Try to log in again and see if you can view the streaming version. lemme know if u still cant get on.

I will ask the streaming company tomorrow when i talk to them, what the issue might be.

jason

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Only thing left to "seal the deal" would be if the composition download comes out. Hopefully the 20 hour rendering doesn't freeze eh? :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Highly recommend to anyone serious about improving their art and appreciating other artists' works as well.

Thanks so much for this Colour Theory dump Jason. Can't wait to try some of these techniques of leading the eye to different emphasis points using all the material you gave us.. but first ... sleeeeeeeeeeeep.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, that was seriously incredible, thanks so much for the lecture and all the answers. It was a crapload of info, and it'll take a while to process, but I've got my notes and I'll definitely be rewatching. It was real cool of you to take out so much of your weekend for this, we all appreciate it a lot. Can't wait for that composition vid and whatever else you teach in the future, and the new CA sounds awesome. You the man .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Absolutely fantastic session. My favorite part was watching Jason get lost in coloring a Rembrandt. He just stopped speaking to us for a couple minutes as he enjoyed painting. Was great to see. I believe the quote during it was "switch to a bigger brush, lazy-boy" mumbled under his breath

I can't recommend this enough if he does it again. For students, its what you want your teachers to be like. For Pro's it's a great refresher, and a good way to shock yourself out of the instinctive use of color and start thinking about it again.

Again, great job Jason and thank you for a great 7 hours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Hi Jason,

David
    It's not a browser problem, I used Firefox and I was able to view it...
    Unfortunately I was one of the three "lucky people" from Italy and my problem was the continuous lag.... I also tried with Internet Explorer but the lag remained

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thoroughly enjoyed the class yesterday, and the day before. Nothing like frying the brain with fantastic information! I know some I've heard some of it before, but its amazing how quickly that information can be forgotten. Plenty notes taken for revision; now to put it back into practice.
    Oh, BTW - the Marshall Vandruff 'Learning Stages' made sooooo much sense! I believe I'm in between 'Concious ineptitude' and Concious Aptitude' (though, closer to former, than latter...)...The Composition lecture/class was most needed; one can become lapse in this area, and a good kick up the bum can never hurt you...
    All the information taught, I dont believe was taught at my art school, recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more on Colour and Composition.
    Thank you Jason for the opportunity, this class couldnt have come round at a better time!!!

Mollykins x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you guys make the video available for the ones that couldn´t attend the live event.
    Sounds like an awesome class.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was fantastic, i dont think i'll ever approach a painting the same way again.

I know a bit about art history but now i feel its not enough so i'll be hitting the books big time.

A huge thanks to Jason, i hope i have enough money to take more of his classes in the future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man... reading all these comments.

Wish I was there. Hope you planning another one of these sessions Jason.
    Either way. You, MB, and CA are the best.

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not sure about the next one, but I hope I can take part in it.

Still I would appreciate a summary of what was said or at least the most important things in DVD or text form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much for this color lecture! I know what you have taught me will help me to improve my artwork greatly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im going to start saving money now, as I'll definately be attending if there is another lecture sometime in the future all of the reviews have been 100% positive! I wasn't there myself, but I want to say thank you to Jason for taking so much out of his own personal time to help the community and to educate other artists

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will run it again next month or the following perhaps. Depends on how much interest there is.

Thanks for all the support. I've added some more good features to the site tech and I think when you all see what is being done you will be more than glad to support the learning and education of yourselves for so cheap..and for such up to date info.

Doing the best I can. Will keep at it.

j

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd just like to voice my support of another run of this. I was unfortunately out of town all weekend and missed it. I really want to participate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would also like to see this course done again, as I was unable to take part this time. After reading what a lot of people have been saying I am sorry I missed it, but I will make sure that I don't miss it again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was an excellent lesson. I've been chewing it over and describing how much I learned and how I see it affecting ALL my future work. I'm recommending it and passing the links to the CA downloads and DVD links along to just about every artistic person I know.

I think the CA classes are going to be a success. Thanks for all your patience and thorough information!

I'll likely be tackling the assignment this week, too!

thedarkcloak website & gallery
    The ZOMBIE ZODIAC!
    My DA page

My Conceptarts.org work thread - needs updating soon!

And remember kids! I am not flesh, nor stone or smoke... I am as I am, I am thedarkcloak. BREAK YO SELF, FOO!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was wondering why can't the streaming version of this course be available to people who missed the live session?
    I would be willing to pay to see/hear the lecture even though I wouldn't get to see the chat part, I'm sure there's still a lot of information I could(and others) could get from it.
    thanks a lot for these!

I'm from Bolivia but live in the US, that makes me special, so visit my sketchbook!
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

Sketchbook V 1.0: Not very good--->Page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Page 10 <---<---recommended!

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will look at your option saurus. It is a good point. Not sure if we will, but is a good idea and worth exploring.

If there is enough interest I am happy to teach it again sooner as well.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 10