Jason Manley: Color and the Theory of Light - Closed - Page 11

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Jason Manley: Color and the Theory of Light - Closed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thank you...

Hello, long time listener, first time caller. I watched the color theory class, and just wanted to give a big thanks to Mr. Manley. I wasn't there for the live show, but on-demand was just as good.

I've been focusing my studies on color lately, so the timing was perfect. Although, I admit I was a bit skeptical about how much I was really going to get out of this. I'd already resigned myself to one class. Things are tight these days, so another hundred bucks is not trivial. But I must say it was good, totally worth it. It's going to take some time to digest it, of course, but before I even finished I was already putting it to work.

It was a nice day, a good day to go sit on the porch. I usually take a book and a beer with me, but this time I decided to leave that stuff behind, and just see what's out there. I followed Mr. Manley's advice, and it was incredible. There was color everywhere. It was partly cloudy and the light kept changing. But that actually made it more exciting because I was watching the colors change. I'd lose them, and find them again. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't that hard either. It's kind of hard to explain. It's going to take a lot more practice is what it boils down to.

Which brings me to the only real downside. I'd like to have this to listen to it again in six months or a year from now. The real value is in applying this stuff over time. I'm sure there's a lot he said that I'm not hearing because I'm not ready to hear it. But I've got to do my part too, so there ya go.

Sorry to blather on. Thanks again. And on a personal note, there is a lot of fluff out there, in my opinion. Guys like Jason, Andrew, and Marko, they're the real deal. But I guess I don't need to tell anybody here that.

Alright, new guy shutting up.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, if we didn't watch the live class can we watch the streaming video until september?? I'm still confused, I charged the $95 on the 14th, and I haven't received any email yet. But after reading more I'm not sure if I will get access?? Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Irt took me a week, but I just finished the Sunday session On Demand. Have to say it was frickin awesome. So much info packed into 6 hours or whatever it came out to be. So worth the money.

Technically, On Demand worked fine, Streaming not at all. Could be my dsl. On Demand is hard to stop and start, and especially navigate backwards, but I was able to do it when I had to.

fertseger, I think you can watch the streaming class until September. I missed the live class and had to wait on a password too, and I think it was just cause Jason and the others are insanely overworked. They are extremely apologetic, though, so I'd keep bugging them. Don't be shy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, scott from the massive black store figured it out, technical glitches, and yeah so much info, the classes are berry berry good!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to be posting so late to this thread. I wasn't able to attend the last few hours of the live class, and just finished watching the rest of it on demand a couple days ago. Thank you again Jason for all the hard work, and sharing all the knowledge you've accumulated! It was a really amazing, informative, eye-opening class, and i plan to watch it through again before the on demand time expires.

I highly recommend this class!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watched this on demand today. Felt a bit like a naive child afterwards, so incredible informative and it really changed my perspective on art overall.
    Im glad i found such an amazing place of learning!

Thanks Jason!

Sketchbook

See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    His thought is slow but always kind;
    He holds us all within his mind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn.. I still have to watch like the last hour... DAMN work

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    when would the class be offline? I know it was extended but till when? ...sat down and watched the whole thing and would really love to do it again b4 it goes off the air. Thank you for such an amazing class Jason.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it was extended? i can afford it now! when does it get pulled?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey this is sounding like a really good video to watch. I've got a few questions though before i purchase.

(Be nice if a "FAQ" was provided on the concept shop page. Quite new to this site and its messy to have to brows multiple threads to find specific information on a product.)

If I purchase the $95 streaming on demand video, can I watch it over and over again at my leisure or have I only got until October 1st or whenever it runs out.

Basically can I only watch it once? or until it gets pulled? Be a shame to spend 100 bucks on something so great but with such a limited viewing window.

Thanks,

Love the way this site is heading!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to view the class, hope it's still online for a while.
    How long till it gets pulled?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can purchase it now, and yes, you can view it numerous times before 1st october 2009. having said that, my personal experience is, i need at least a week, spending between 2 to 3 hours a day to go through the class and the notes posted by others to have a more lasting impression. the class is pretty intense (to me anyway) and really require a lot of concentration

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zenichi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you!
    Looks like I better get started right away while I still have plenty of free time before school gets into swing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Will tis be available in dvd formay later on? I would love to have something like this on a permanant basis so that I can go back and review and enjoy. I need to hear things like this a few times and play with the concepts before they really sink in. Perhaps, when you do the next class, you could offer a reduced charge to those that viewed it the first time or at least a DVD of the class at a reduced price.

All of these classes have been inspirational and great. I know I needed something like this to keep learning and keep the mind working.

Thanks!
    David

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Members who have read this thread: 5