Hey Ed, Awesome stuff you have there... it's like H.R. Giger meets Carlos Huante. I'm really looking forward to see this piece completed, it looks awesome from the beginning.
love it! Looks very cool! Love all the demons.
Tho to be honest, looking at the picture i think of something like some angel came to fight the demons, or some demon gate portal opened, something like that.
I fail to see the connection with the title.
It is a great image and i hope you can push it so the story part works, would be a waste if the image would solely depend on the visuals.
cheers and good luck!
This is an awesome piece! Excellent pencil work and the latest colour update rocks!!
I have to agree with Randis however, that so far there is no obvious connection between title and image.
I will wait and see how you develop it though.
MY WEBSITE http://scotthgfindlay.com/
My Sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=167012
My Finished Work Thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136168
I will have a proper response for all of you tonight, but I did this vine test before all the excellent points…what do you all think?
Last edited by edarttogo; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
meh vine is distracting
i dont love it but this is your piece. If you see how it works or how you could make it work then trust yourself, you are obviously extremely capable.
Last edited by Bhrandon; July 22nd, 2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: had more to say
i agree with bhrandon - nice piece - but i think the new vine you added is a little overkill - and distracts from your otherwise good composition - just my 2 cents :-)
good work otherwise though
"resistance is Futile!!!"
Superb work, looking forward to seeing final piece.
Please check out today's character.
Vaejoun – your review is much appreciated... thank you
- With this piece my workflow is like you laid it out; pencil - scanned – digitally painted.
- I like to push the colors as much as possible then push back with it’s neutralizing counter part so not to lose it’s vibrancy yet keeping it appearing grayish. So yes, it will be less saturated.
Bworx – I have considered a narrative image in the lighted area but I dismissed it for two reasons
1. I have too many figures in the scene already
2. I what the image in the middle to be a universal symbol for any good deed
Thank you for your idea, it a good one if I wanted to focuses on a specific type of good deed.
Rizo – thanks man… H.R. Giger and Carlos Huante! I can only wish, but I’m trying.
Randis – thank you for you kind words and taking the time to giving me feedback
- I’m trying to make the connection to the theme as obvious as possible without eliminating the symbolism of the image. The demons are regular people doing evil deeds and the small bright light is one person doing a good deed that can be any deed.
Zimfin – I am glad you like my piece, hope you like my upcoming update with its new color tweaks
- like I mention to Randis I’m trying to make the connection to the theme as obvious as possible without eliminating the symbolism of the image. My intention is to let the viewer come up with there interpretation of the two forces colliding.
Bhrandon – thanks for the vow of confidence
I don’t like the vine ether, so I’m looking at other options
Lincoln.renall – vine are out… thank you for your feedback it helped me make my decision.
Kimliatach – I’m looking forward to finishing it. Thanks for posting
The vine kind of spoils it a bit, it's not needed, as the simplicity of the light is enough to explain the idea. Well done by the way!
awesome....love the textures and composition....i guess u need to add detail in the new born leaves. looks gr8 so far
Belinda Morris, maria riaz - Thank you for your posts and you complements.
As for the vines I decided not to go with them but I hope what I have is enough tell my idea… I know the image is a little symbolic for a concept piece but I wanted it to have some of my artistic opinion on the world.