if everyone is so good how come nothing is photo realistic - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: if everyone is so good how come nothing is photo realistic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I once went to a printing office where I had interned before, to print out some of my digital painting large for my highschool graduation showing. At one point I was talking to one of the graphic designers and she made the remark "oh so that's a drawing?". At that point I kind of stopped caring for photo realism.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by riceface View Post
    @hala
    i honestly dont give a crap if u find it boring or uimpressive.. they are still skillful artist, lets see you draw something from scratch and make it look photorealistic, i bet only 2 people on this forum is capable of doing it.

i really get annoyed when people say realism sucks, boring, yet all they tell u to do is study from real life.

so stop passing judgement on other artist, just because u dont like their style.. which is weird cuz its photorealistic, impressive by anyone standard even if its boring.

and another thing, if they hit the height of realism, dont u think they do other things? they are still artist u know. sheesh

oh dear. No one has to like every piece of art--i give those artist the respect they deserve for their skill. Realism doesn't suck, that wasn't my intention in saying any of that. My point was that studying from real life doesn't mean the goal is to create realistic things.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too much to say, and there is no simple answer, but I can certainly tell you one thing: Drawing from life, the point of it is not to achieve photo realism. You can go for that if you like, but it takes time, patience and skill. No, the point to drawing from life is so you can study form, shape, line, space, value, proportion, and if you're using a model, you need to see them in real life because real life is the only way to accurately study the muscles, and how they look beneath the skin. Meaning, essentially, what effect do the muscles have on the skin when they are flexing, extending and morphing into different shapes with each movement.

This provides a good, solid, basic foundation for artists. Artists who wish to draw realistically, or even just representationally, need a strong grasp of the basics before they can advance their own skill, or help others attain a greater level of skill themselves.

Doctors heal you, Artists immortalize you.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" - bullshit.

The usual staples for anatomy:
    George Bridgman
    Joseph Sheppard
    Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dunno if it's correct to say It's all about the subject-matter. It's not the level of photo-realistic of the end result would be and how long the process was. It's all about the subject-matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Riceface has earned himself some time off. I've had a bunch of complaints about him in the past for trolling and being rude, and this simply was the last drop. See you in a few months. If anyone feels like discussing this further, I'll reopen but I think we can lock this thread now.

6. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1