A cat's adventure!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A cat's adventure!

Here's something cute that I made for fun! It was all made with Photoshop, with the convential brush tool!

I wanted the viewer to get the feeling of how it feels to be a cat, playing around and getting into trouble at times!

Before uploading the english version, I would like you viewers to test the feel of the story! I want to see if the pictures alone can tell enough for anyone to understand what's going on, guessing what the cats are saying only by judging their facial expression!

Good luck! Enjoy!

Name:  Tapie-dans-l'ombre.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  374.5 KB

Name:  Tapie-dans-l'ombre-2eme-par.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  405.0 KB

My portfolio : http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163517

LungadriaProduction
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there are way too many panels in one page--hence my eye loses direction and doesn't even know where to look next, or how they story is supposed to progress.
    Split this up into more pages first, most comics only have maybe 6 panels max on a page, and the pages are smaller, it just helps the clarity and flow of the reading.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    too cute. but i loose the narrative. compositions also need some work. trying varrying the size of the panels, to lead the eye around ( eg. as story progresses, panels become larger)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like you have an interesting concept going here! The story itself is really hard to follow, though. I agree with hala, there are too many panels per page, the number of them you have going at once clutter up the pages. The panels' alignment changes continuously as well, it makes it look just a little too slapped together. Making the panels larger, fewer per page and keeping a consistant border around your images would really help. Fewer images per page will also make your comic less intimidating to the reader, spreading it out will make it seem more "friendly".

Making your panels larger will also let you work more with your speech bubbles, they're very small at the moment, and because the panels are so clustered sometimes the order of the bubbles gets hard to determine. The clustering also effects the readability of the panels themselves, when reading, the eye isn't sure where to go next to continue the story.

If you're worried over the page count, you could try to blend some panels together with a new image that could be a sort of inbetween of the two shots (sometimes this can't be done though, depending on the kind of transitions you have going). Also, if you have a lot of dialogue being exchanged between two characters (and they're not doing much besides talking), you could have that dialogue put into one large panel with the characters both speaking in that panel.

Hope that helps! Good luck with the comic!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantastic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Est-ce que c'est moi, ou certains chats parlent en Francais et les autres en joual? (et puis t'en as combien?? Je croyais que tu n'en avais que 4!)

I agree that the flow is a bit confusing. I think it might help to pay more attention to panel alignment... But the idea is really cute (and, well, the kitties as well )

Last edited by Sekino; July 11th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all for your critics!
    I must admit that there are a lot of panels for my little story board! I should have use at least 5 pages to fit it all, and to place the bubbles a little bit out of frame might be confusing as well!
    I'll work it out, right after the great contest of July!

My portfolio : http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163517

LungadriaProduction

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.