Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ismo's book

Thanks
    Quiet storm: Thanks. Glad you like it.

Bunch of stuff. Started doing Dave Rapoza's Crimson Daggers studies (fantastic way to learn, thanks Dave). Hopefully I can catch up on them.

Man that wizard/lizard thingy still sucks donkey balls. Might just abandon it now.
    Sketchbook

"You might be disappointed if you fail, but you will be doomed if you don't try"

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Spam!

Couldn't stop painting today. Good thing that I didn't, cause I think I learned whole bunch of new stuff. No wonder everyone was telling me my paintings were blurry, cause they were. I finally remembered to try unsharp mask and it made a world of difference I think. Made me want to play with it a bit. Here's the results. The dragon sketch was older work that I tweaked. Looks kind of interesting now I think.
    Sketchbook

"You might be disappointed if you fail, but you will be doomed if you don't try"

Thanks
    Took that dead creature on the beach a bit further. Didn't turn out the way I wanted, but it was ok practise I guess. Gotta put more emphasis on composition and value instead of mindless detailing and finishing crappy pieces. Also did a Crimson effin Daggers Loomis study.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    This weeks EOW and another worms and dudes painting. I'm running out of ideas, lol.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    COOL sketchbook! Definitely one of the coolest ive seen. I shall keep constant watch
    Your studies are great. really keep 'em comin! I especially like your last painting. Just great stuff man Hope you dont mind if i save it and put it as my background?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohzart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mohzart: Thanks a lot. And nope, I don't mind. That's actually feels like a big compliment

A WIP Sargent study and a still life from couple weeks ago. Feels like I'm finally getting into studying again, thanks to Crimson Daggers. It's been a real kick in the ass in that sense.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Sup man your improving with every post that sargent study is beautiful. The caravan eow is really sick to your best concept yet.
    looking forward to seeing more keep it up
    crimson daggers!!!
    -Jamie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Finished Sargent study and a WIP one.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    WOW! Dude, I hate when people who are younger than me are this much better than me! LOL, Keep it! This is nice stuff.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skriblinmatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good to see a fellow finlander progressing at this rate. The Sargent study is a huge leap forward for you. Only the ear bothers me a bit but I have not seen the original so Can't say whether it is correct or not.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikko Voipio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Skiriblinmatt: Thanks. You just gotta work harder, man, study more.

Placeboast: Kiitos kiitos. Well, in the end these are just studies. The real test is weather or not I can take anything out of these to my own paintings. I think the ear looked a bit funny in the original too. Might be that I messed it up bit more though.

Bridgman stuff and a Zorn study. Some doodling and figures from mind as well.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Mo, as we say in tampere when we feel like moro is such a long and tiring word.
    This last study after Zorn af whom I have never heard before is looking stunning. This Zorn guy sounds like a character from ghostbusters: Zorn the protector of the keymaster.
    It is really easy to see that you will be a great artist if you just keep on keeping on.
    Is that middle guy in the latest painting holding his yellow breasts? Just wondering.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikko Voipio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Placeboast: Yes. He's holding his flaming astral boobs. Forgot to paint the bra.

It's been a while. Hardly any time to paint these days.

Anyways, thought I'd pop this enviro I made today here. First painting in many months.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    It's been a while. Thought I'd pick up drawing again now that the World Cup is over.

Some heads from mind, photo value study + random chick.
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Here's an enviro I started today. Any thoughts, crits?
    Sketchbook

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast