Sketchbook: super duper turbo electric sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: super duper turbo electric sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

super duper turbo electric sketchbook

Hello CA! I'm new here, just joined a few days ago after finding this goldmine. Thanks to you guys, I've had a whole lot of inspiration as of late to really work on my art and improve because I really need it!

I'll be a Senior in High School this fall and my plan is to go into Illustration and/or Graphic Design when I ship off to college, so this improvement is really needed.

Any and all critiques and comments would really be appreciated! Thanks for stopping by.

Here's just the past 3 or so days work (yes, it's a lot hah).. Some posemaniac sketches, some studies, some things from imagination, etc..

edit: minus the attachment. that's pretty recentish?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NestsInElms; June 28th, 2011 at 06:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

FourTonMantis is offline Without vision we will die Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start. Those studies are great. I love the colored version of your desk. Looks like watercolor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @fourtonmantis: Thanks a lot! (:

--

Okay, big break between posts. Been pretty busy lately and trying to find time to settle down with my sketchbook and just draw. I have however received my moleskine sketchbook as well as my bridgman and hogarth books, which I'm absolutely loving! Learning a lot just from reading through them when I have got the time to do so. Only been able to do some hand and skull studies so far, but expect more. Also working on a charcoal piece right now. Critique on that would REALLY be appreciated as it's a work in progress at the moment. Sorry about the picture quality :/ my camera is dead, so i had to use my phone camera.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been so long @_@
    I've finished a whole moleskin sketchbook.. I'd hope I can be able to say that I've improved even a little bit.
    Not gonna post them all, but a few.. which kind of means a lot.

Art school has been weighing heavily on my mind lately. It's been about 2 years now since I've been out of school and I wanna go back so bad! But for now, I guess the only thing I can do is practice practice practice on my own.

So here's these that I did from 2010-early 2011. They're not in order, which kind of sucks butttt.....

p.s. my scanner sucks :c

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice lines! Keep posting more Practice on your own isn't that bad right? Everything you wanna learn you can find on this site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mitchoo: Thank you! And nope, absolutely nothing wrong with it. Done it most of my life anyways hehe. And yep, I've found this site incredibly useful ever since I discovered it 2 years ago

Here's a quick self portrait I sketched a few minutes ago. Been a while since I've done some of this observational stuff o_o
    Was thinking about adding in an acrylic paint background with some wording too maybe, but I then realized it's in my moleskin with the thin paper aaaghhh creative blocked!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something I just finished. Just wanted to make something that at least required a bit more of my time (i blame the crosshatching..), and looked more like a complete drawing. bleh. I miss inspiration...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.