Newborn- Phoenix Fire- Feel free to critique/comment

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Phoenix Idea

Still, trying to figure out the forums, let's see if I can get the hang of it XD

Hi guys : D Came on conceptart to follow some of my fav artists, this is actually my first post on the site. I saw the big contest though, and I honestly couldn't resist. As weird as it sounds, I love entering contests where the competition is much more skilled than me- I dont know, I think the competitiveness makes me better or something because the entries I do for contests always show a lot of improvement compared to my earlier pieces, so it's a win win situation : ) Though I won't lie, I'd die of happiness if I won a contest like this Even if a tablet wasnt up for winning the recognition would still be a huge boost to opening up job chances- sixteen year olds like me don't really have many of those to be truthful XD

Anyway, enough of my babbling >> I really liked the concept for the contest, and one of the main ways I interpreted it was by thinking of what I've read here and there about phoenixes, and how when it comes time for them to die they go up in flames then are reborn from their ashes. So really, I kind of want to make a twist on the "newborn" theme and convey "born anew" from my picture. : ) So far it's still in it's really rough stages.

For those that cant understand my scribbles: Two phoenixes perched on a hoop, behind them(blue area) is going to be a window, haven't done the bars and stuff yet, the third phoenix just died- hopefully this will be more understandable when I put in the fire falling down and burning out, and is being reborn as the baby (bottom part of the picture) reaching up from the ashes towards them.

I'm wondering if I should have the baby with it's back turned or facing the viewer, so any thoughts and suggestions on that would be nice : )

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the phoneix idea is a good one.
    But maybe you should start off with a detailed drawing so you can work everything out before you start painting it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yes - the idea of the Phoenix rising. Good one. If you had the thing rsiing from the ashes, would there be th need for a baby anywhere ?

__________________________________________________ __________

Nick Harris illustration http://nickillus.com/ SKETCHBOOK GALLERY
    __________________________________________________ __________

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.