Newborn: Treant

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Newborn: Treant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

this was pretty much the only idea i had for the contest. a treant with a newborn. the way i imagine it the treants out live even the longest lived of elves. however, newborn treants are rare even for elves to see or the world would be practically overrun by treants.

first sketch of the main subject of my contest entry. sorry for having no sort of background yet. i really need to get a move on even though i'm sure i've got hardly a chance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your sketch! i also kind of like how the little baby one looks like its an apple. Heh.
    How do you feel about not having the little figure on the shoulder--or adding more little figures?
    Have you decided on colors yet?.. i look forward to seein the progression of this(i love tree/forests or anything to do with them)

"Steering perception? i am.
    Inviting contradiction? i am."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, i did plan on adding more of them but i never thought about leaving them out. now that you've mentioned it i do think the sketch would look better without the elf there.
    i'm a bit attached to the idea of elves coming to see the baby though so at least for now i think i'm going to add more and see how that goes.

thanks for bothering to check it out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think it will work with OR without the figures, he just seems out of place at the moment..but it might just be that where he is at weights your image too much to the left because there's nothing on the bottom right to draw the eye back.Once you work more on it, it'll be fine.

"Steering perception? i am.
    Inviting contradiction? i am."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like this
    maybe add some other trees looking on

Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the line work and it is really nice to look at all the little details. It looks liek it is coming along great..the only thing I would say is that the area on the right is very white without anything from the fourground image. Maybe try to have some more branches coming off his back into that area. At the moment it makes it look a little like the figure is being pushed to the other side on the paper. It has to do with the postive and negative space.

BTW..the faces are wonderful too ^^

-Linda Lisa

Illustrator/Concept Artist

:
    •Web Art Site
    •DeviantArt Art

:
    Linda Lisa West
    LindaLisaArt@live.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks ladies and/or gents. these are just planning and idea sketches so far. i am a little slow at working things to a finish so i hope i'll actually be able to finish this before the deadline.

there are a few changes i want to make to this. making her a bit bigger and giving her back some of the curve she had in the first sketch, shrinking the elves and the bit of land shown in the foreground, and pushing the background a bit farther back.

i think for the most part the image is going to end up being brown, green, and gray. lots of plants and rocks after all. the baby will of course be red.

other than that i'm pretty much just figuring it out as i go along. i hope this fixed some of the problems you all left from the first image and gave you whole new ones to point out .
    i'm pretty much a noob so i probably haven't noticed any problems yet. any bit of crit you can give at this point would be more than helpful. i promise not to cry myself to sleep more than two nights a week because of it ;P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like your idea

i think the first sketch would work better as a final image because in the second one the tree and the baby are no longer the focal point; there are too many things that divert attention away from them. if you manage to tweak the composition so they are the main focus once more i think it will work as well

good luck

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.