To Moderators; Why can't we type on the word G N O M O N
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: To Moderators; Why can't we type on the word G N O M O N

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

To Moderators; Why can't we type on the word G N O M O N

Dear Moderators, when I tried to do a post about G N O M O N School of Visual Efects the word , "G N O M O N" disappears unless I separate the letters as I have done here. Why is this occuring? Can this be fixed?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taxguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My understanding is that it is because g nomon DVDs are direct competitors to Massive Black's, possibly coupled with some personal conflict I've heard referenced but never explained.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, that's stupid. If you are worried, beat them with superior material, not censorship, jeez.

My sketchbook is bigger than yours.
    (not really)

Cool people you might want to check out:

Dy.laneA

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I started a thread awhile back asking this very question... and it ended up getting locked.

Which might have had to do with someone admitting that they pirated a Massive Black DVD... or maybe the admins just didn't like me asking that question.

It's really irritating though. That kind of censorship doesn't really seem like MB's kind of style. It's kind of... patronizing to us I think. I wish they would just come out and tell us why it's blocked, or even better, unblock it.

As for DvD competition, I think the MB videos are a much better deal anyway. I don't think they should feel so threatened by those made by the G-word. That is, if someone has enough money to deem it worth it to buy a GW DvD, they probably would be glad to ALSO buy a MB download.

Last edited by Zirngibism; July 8th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, if conceptart.org is really a place for artists as a community, it shouldn't be under the condition that things are filtered through what MB wants us to see or talk about. If g.n.o.m.o.n does something unethical...tell us or make a community warning thread about companies like that (and then we can decide for ourselves if we want to do business with them)...

It just seems wrong to censor a subject and totally valid questions when people are looking to conceptart.org as a place of IMPARTIAL information to help trying to decide how to continue on their career.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivory_Oasis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im pretty sure the only reason it is censored is because there was an excess of advertising posts for their DvDs at one point, therefore they banned the word G-nomon to try and cut down on the spam.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    g nomon DVDs are direct competitors to Massive Black's
    but isn't Conceptart a seperate, not-for-profit entity? I know they funnel some funds from MB into CA, but isn't that considered more of a 'donation' as opposed to 'funding'?

I'm with Ivory, for a place that is meant for learning, it's quite a bit unfair of them to censor a great learning resource.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm....
    Edit: what the...geez it really censored it after my hmm. that's weird. heh what next, censoring IrateGamer?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    but isn't Conceptart a seperate, not-for-profit entity? I know they funnel some funds from MB into CA, but isn't that considered more of a 'donation' as opposed to 'funding'?
    All of the profit from the MB downloads goes towards keeping CA running. Since G-nomon DVDs are competition, if too many people started using those it could threaten CA.

As for the censor though, I always thought it was more of a joke than anything else.

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,554 Times in 2,164 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    it has nothing to do with ca and mb downloads.

I have no interest in digging up four year old drama. If I told you, you would understand. There is a policy in place regarding community behavior. It doesn't matter if its a single member, school faculty, or the like...if lines are crossed too many times we will shut it down here on CA.

There is another school that is about one misstep away from perma ban too. If someone is banned or something happens in this community it is for good reason. regarding the former, perhaps there will be a day that they and ca will come to an understanding. time has passed. at this point that has no occurred.

J

Last edited by Jason Manley; July 12th, 2009 at 05:57 AM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.