Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    971
    Thanked 503 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonChilD View Post
    well ,what to say?it's killer good
    if you enter this competition ,we are all doomed!!!
    Nonsense!
    I fully expect one of the big boys or girls who hasnt posted thier work here and just sent it in to compete will casually blow us all out of the water while we were sleeping.
    Im very glad you like it though, thanks for taking the time to comment.


    Quote Originally Posted by aaro_n View Post
    guess we have a winner!
    I keep catching new things every time i stare The bounce light..alright imma calm down. This eliminates the need of coffee in the morning, thank you much sir
    This is more nonsense!
    There will never, ever be anything that even remotely compares to coffee in the morning...but im glad you like it, and I really appreciate you saying so =)

    Y'know most people only look at something for 15 seconds at the max if they really like something, the usual work gets 3-4 seconds. Getting people to stare is the holy grail, this compliment really meant a lot to me aaro_n, thank you.

    All the best to you


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #32
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St Sebastien de Morsent
    Posts
    408
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Wish you the best Man;
    As always it is very good!

    Pure nigthmare!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riddick For This Useful Post:


  5. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 26 Times in 6 Posts
    Wow..this looks almost like a screenshot from a horror game on a next-gen console. Great work, and your execution blows my mind off! It's also interesting how you lead the audience's eye around the picture, while keeping what isn't the main focus still so sharply and beautifully rendered.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to calyx For This Useful Post:


  7. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    This image didn't help me sleep last night. It's brilliant work though.

    Would love to see some wip or tutorials from you, I just don't understand how this is done in Photoshop.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Leighton For This Useful Post:


  9. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 64 Times in 24 Posts
    yeah,i second that , a wip would be awesome...
    go CC go!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonChilD For This Useful Post:


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Impressive work,congratulation!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to diissar For This Useful Post:


  13. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    971
    Thanked 503 Times in 63 Posts
    Hey all!

    I guess I couldnt resist, the topic is just TOO GOOD.
    Whoever came up with it is a genius, my brain has been on fire with ideas since I saw the contest.

    Anyway, heres the new submission.
    Theres no way this will win, its too visceral I think.


    I hope you guys dig it.
    Completed from sketch to finish in Photoshop 7.

    Kindly view it fullscreen on a black background.

    [UPDATED: fixed wall texture beneath grafitti to be more believable]


    Title: In the shadows of the mundane...




    We are the first to hatch...(UPDATED: Second Submission pg 2)
    Last edited by Cryptcrawler; July 17th, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:


  15. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 64 Times in 24 Posts
    when will we see a WIP of some sort?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonChilD For This Useful Post:


  17. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    nice update,i still prefer your first image,the mood and colors are better in my opinion

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to diissar For This Useful Post:


  19. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 36 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael Morisse
    A great image, so well done. To make the process seem so effortless that is the hard part.

    Thanks Michael, im glad you dig it.
    You know I dunno if ive ever looked at anyones work and thought "it seems so effortless", I guess its because that art has always been all about blood, sweat, tears and confrontation for me - and thats just how I like it, its good for the soul.

    I like to fight with things and then see what happens, see who's left standing and see whats lurking around down there.

    Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
    I just wanted to clarify that I don't think there is anything "effortless" about your work, I am a big fan and I probably expressed it wrong.

    What I was trying to say is that when someone like yourself has worked and struggled extremely hard, they get to a level of expertise and control where they can make images that transcend all the problems, and become believable world of their own. Not held back by lack of drawing skill or painting ability.

    Like when you listen to a great guitarist, you know how difficult and how much practice it takes, but if they are good you just hear great music.

    I know that you put tremendous effort into your work
    , so much so that I just see a great image.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Morisse For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    971
    Thanked 503 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
    Wish you the best Man;
    As always it is very good!

    Pure nigthmare!
    Ohh good, thats what I like to hear!
    Thanks buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Wow..this looks almost like a screenshot from a horror game on a next-gen console. Great work, and your execution blows my mind off! It's also interesting how you lead the audience's eye around the picture, while keeping what isn't the main focus still so sharply and beautifully rendered.
    Thank you very much calyx, this means a lot to me.
    I really try and shoot for that look: video games, movies etc and I work long and hard on these.
    Thanks very much for the kind and flattering compliments!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    This image didn't help me sleep last night. It's brilliant work though.

    Would love to see some wip or tutorials from you, I just don't understand how this is done in Photoshop.
    There isnt a whole lot to understand, really.
    Its done in photoshop using a lot of time and a willingness to work at 1200% magification - on a pixel by pixel basis - to tighten things up, if need be.
    These take me a lot of time; usually in the nieghborhood of 8+ hours a day for about 3-4 days, so keeping a WIP file is really cluttering, distractive and impractical for me.

    A video tutorial is in the worls, which will be a much more hands-free way I can show process in a meaningful and useful way for others.

    I very much appreciate your kind words and wonderful compliments!



    Quote Originally Posted by MoonChilD View Post
    yeah,i second that , a wip would be awesome...
    go CC go!
    One will definately be in the works soon, a video tutorial.

    Quote Originally Posted by diissar View Post
    Impressive work,congratulation!
    Im thrilled ya think so.
    Thanks so much!

  22. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 87 Times in 63 Posts
    Gosh CryptCrawler. You certainly have a way with textures and lighting. Yep, it is rather 'visceral', but that's much more mainstream and acceptable than it used to be so don't write your chances off straight away. Who knows what the final criteria for picking a winner may be.
    Yet, I too suspect that a certain amount of fence sitting may have to be involved when you look at the list of great sponsors - whom I am very grateful to for their support of such an event, whoever and whatever their decisions may lead to. Their money - their call. It's how the world works. We all gain just by taking part, as has been said many times by many peope before, and it's still a truism.
    __________________________________________________ __________

    Nick Harris illustration http://nickillus.com/ SKETCHBOOK GALLERY
    __________________________________________________ __________

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickillus For This Useful Post:


  24. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 48 Times in 42 Posts
    Please make sure that video tutorial gets announced somewhere when it's done ^_^ I think it would be very usefull ^_^

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitten Poker For This Useful Post:


  26. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    love the lighting a lot

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bdbros For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    971
    Thanked 503 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diissar View Post
    nice update,i still prefer your first image,the mood and colors are better in my opinion
    Thanks diissar! I think your absolutely right, but I figured why not; I have a few days before this new contract and this idea developed much more fluidly than the others I was messing with.
    I appreciate the compliments and glad you like the work!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morisse View Post
    Quote:


    I just wanted to clarify that I don't think there is anything "effortless" about your work, I am a big fan and I probably expressed it wrong.

    What I was trying to say is that when someone like yourself has worked and struggled extremely hard, they get to a level of expertise and control where they can make images that transcend all the problems, and become believable world of their own. Not held back by lack of drawing skill or painting ability.

    Like when you listen to a great guitarist, you know how difficult and how much practice it takes, but if they are good you just hear great music.

    I know that you put tremendous effort into your work
    , so much so that I just see a great image.
    You know comments like these really mean a lot to me and make a difference to me. I have definately worked really hard to build what little skills I have, and to know that ive succeeded in creating an immersive experience for you really makes all the toil and ballbusting worth it; its the exact reaction that I work so hard for.
    Your compliments and approval mean a lot more to me than you may think. When someone tells me thier a "fan" of my work, I take it pretty seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickillus View Post
    Gosh CryptCrawler. You certainly have a way with textures and lighting. Yep, it is rather 'visceral', but that's much more mainstream and acceptable than it used to be so don't write your chances off straight away. Who knows what the final criteria for picking a winner may be.
    Yet, I too suspect that a certain amount of fence sitting may have to be involved when you look at the list of great sponsors - whom I am very grateful to for their support of such an event, whoever and whatever their decisions may lead to. Their money - their call. It's how the world works. We all gain just by taking part, as has been said many times by many peope before, and it's still a truism.
    It really is.
    Im honestly just grateful that I had the opportunity to take part in the contest, its a great, great topic to riff on and I got really lucky by having some free time come my way for once - so either way, I get to win.

    Like you said; thier money, thier call - I dont have a problem with that in the slightest and they have to choose whats going to suit their product the most and provide the widest appeal.
    Im a pure capitalist at heart: sink or swim, the most relevant work should win and it should help push thier product.
    Horror - while more accepted these days - still is a left of center genre and not as likely to get picked, at least I dont think its as likely; but that doesnt factor into what my heart tells me to create.
    Like I said; sink or swim - but some of us like to lurk around in the bottom, in the darkness.

    Thanks for your compliments, I appreciate them Nick.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Poker View Post
    Please make sure that video tutorial gets announced somewhere when it's done ^_^ I think it would be very usefull ^_^
    I promise I will. Thanks very much for your interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdbros View Post
    love the lighting a lot
    Thanks! Its probably my favorite aspect of illustration.

    Thanks for the great comments, all - take care!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CHoW Rules & Submission Guidelines (Updated 2013)
    By Eofn in forum Character of the Week
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 9th, 2014, 06:51 AM
  2. Art: Hatch
    By shinestrength in forum FINISHED ART & ARTWORK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
  3. ID Submission [Updated]
    By Ian Mack in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
  4. Turning Point (ChOW submission) *updated*
    By masque in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 14th, 2006, 06:44 PM
  5. Sheridan Porfolio Submission (Updated and Fixed)
    By Red Mimic in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 13th, 2004, 03:08 AM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com