Art: John Bivens_THE ADVENTURES OF MR SIMIAN(ZUDA)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

John Bivens_THE ADVENTURES OF MR SIMIAN(ZUDA)

Hey folks, I'm competing again over at DC comics ZUDA division with my web comic THE ADVENTURES OF MR SIMIAN.

Here are some of the steps from a page of the comic:

If you wanna see the final version with text, just hop on over to ZUDA. If you like what I've put together and want to see more of it published there, toss me your vote. If you wanna do even more than that, favorite my comic and give me a good ranking.

I've created a bunch of advertising illustrations for the comic that will be going up over the next month, so check back and enjoy.

OH, and thank you for the time you've already given and any more time you may give.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by John_Bivens; July 6th, 2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Bivens For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Really nice, John! I dig this and the other stuff of yours that I've seen. I'm glad you're up for working with Brandon on some Abby O' Riley comics.

I'll have to visit Zuda and check out more. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Lukas. I love the everything I've been seeing of Witchdoctor, both the original comic and the new stuff you and Brandon are developing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love the Rumors of War pages as well. I'm really into your color schemes. I'd love to see them posted here, if you haven't done so on another thread already

You're completely digital on these, right? If so, you're a champ at keeping a traditional flavor in your stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to see more of this. And the chimp satisfied expression is priceless.
    Good luck for the competition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    I really love the Rumors of War pages as well. I'm really into your color schemes. I'd love to see them posted here, if you haven't done so on another thread already

You're completely digital on these, right? If so, you're a champ at keeping a traditional flavor in your stuff.
    Hey Lukas, it's a fairly old thread, but the RUMORS OF WAR stuff can be seen here, or still up at ZUDA. It is all digital, so that compliment means a lot.

Thanks El Jeremie, this month is definitely going to be a tough one.

3alola is offline If U BeLiEvE U AcHiEvE Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Work .....................

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the style and action. And it does look very traditional.

I was reading through the agreements on Zuda and it seems like if you get your comic posted there, DC retains all rights to it and any derivative of it - as well as movie rights, etc. They also go as far as say it would be copyright in any language in the UNIVERSE, just in case aliens like to publish comics in other parts of the galaxy, I guess.

I could be wrong, but it seems like you (meaning whomever gets their comic posted on the site) give away a lot of rights to your own work.

On the other hand, it is great exposure and they would be able to market it much better than if you were to self-publish.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

one of the many advertisements I made to go with this competition

El Jeremie- no matter how the competition goes, I intend to make more of these

3alola- thanks for the comment, glad your enjoying it

Epias- I have to admit that the car became one of my favorite parts of the story, and will have a decent role in continuing adventures

stevethomas- it's no worse than a contract that you would get for publishing through DC's Vertigo line. You receive a page rate and (from what I understand) a decent portion of profits off of any other merchandise or applications of your creation. Should ZUDA no longer want to carry your product all rights revert to you. What you give up is in exchange for being backed by DC and having them do all the marketing and leg work for you so you can just sit down and do the art.
    Honestly, I happily do this just to help get my name out a bit. ZUDA has well over 10,000 individuals checking out the competition each month. I've already done work in THE COMIC BOOK TATTOO, and SPLIT LIP anthologies, and have work coming out in POPGUN and with TOR.com... if I can use ZUDA to raise the visibility of these other projects and myself, then it's well worth it (and getting a lil bit of cash no matter what doesn't hurt either).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An article was recently posted going over the good and bad of competing at ZUDA, and the whole who owns what thing. Since stevethomas and I were discussing this, I figured it would be a good idea to post it.

So, over at Bleeding Cool.

and because a thread can always use more art (and advertisement in this case).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im super into the art-style/quality... but the layout is tough to follow. You shouldn't need to label the poop on the guys face, people would get much more gratification from seeing the hero (simian) tossing the poop and getting the guy good, maybe you ran out of room at the end? I dunno, I think you deserve Rank #1. Beautiful.

I think DC Comics can die in a fire, they are trying to pay fast-food prices for cream of the crop artistry. Although I like the artwork coming off the project, 1000$ is bull spit for rights to a comic. The industry pisses me off sometimes.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.