Mounting canvas onto panel

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mounting canvas onto panel

I'm planning on buying a roll of claessens oil primed linen, and want to know what would be the most archival adhesive to use to mount them onto panels? Specifically I thought about using ampersand's hardboard panels. I tried to do a little research but really the only thing I found was some guys on wetcanvas that swore to ? mightymuk ? or something?

Thank you for reading :]

"A drawing is not necessarily academic because it is thorough, but only because it is dead. Neither is a drawing necessarily academic because it is done in what is called a conventional style, any more than it is good because it is done in an unconventional style. The test is whether it has life and conveys genuine feeling."- Harold Speed
    [[Sketchbook]]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Most archival" is an interesting question. Most of the modern synthetic stuff hasn't even been around long enough to have a track record in the centuries.

Rabbit skin glue has. Never heard anything bad about rabbit skin glue, except maybe that it smells funky when you are cooking it.

In my experience, you'll do well to get one of those printmaking rollers to roll it from the center outwards getting rid of the bubbles.

We've discussed this in at least one detailed thread in the Fine Art Studies and Discovery subform. Go there and search "panels" or ("glue" and "size") and you will probably find it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thankyou for the reply :] I made that search and found that some use acrylic medium and others use rabbit skin glue. I've never used rabbit skin glue before but now seems to be the time to try it out :p

"A drawing is not necessarily academic because it is thorough, but only because it is dead. Neither is a drawing necessarily academic because it is done in what is called a conventional style, any more than it is good because it is done in an unconventional style. The test is whether it has life and conveys genuine feeling."- Harold Speed
    [[Sketchbook]]

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.