Chibi Critique
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Chibi Critique

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chibi Critique

Hi guys. I have created some more drawings that I would like comments on. My last drawing in here got critique concerning coloring and perspective, so i've tried working on that.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Work on your proportions. Just because it's a stylized character doesn't mean you get to through proportions to the wind. Also try making more interesting, dynamic lines. Nothing crazy, just give them some character.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would say study the chibi style a bit more. See how the artists who do it well stylize the human figure. Some good examples I can think of are:

Ian Mcconvile of Three Panel Soul/Machall as seen here or here

the Nendoroid series of figures distributed by the Good Smile Company, my favourites being Miku Hatsune of Vocaloid fame and the not-yet-released Rasberyl from Disgaea 3.

Speaking of Disgaea, their character sprites would be worthwhile checking out, as the art since it is quite stylized itself. Hour of Darkness can be seen here, Cursed Memories can be seen here, and Absence of Justice can be seen here.

Endling on DeviantArt has some good examples of chibi characters, as he does commissions of them from time to time.

Take a look at the way all of these artists (or any other artists you like) do things, and compare/contrast with your own art. In particular, I think that you need to rework the shapes of their heads as well as the size and proportions of their limbs.

Hope that helps a bit!

"...let a man walk alone, let him commit no sin, (let him do) with few wishes, like an elephant in the forest."

My humble sketchbook (updates sometimes!)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.