Critique my piece
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critique my piece

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critique my piece

Hello there, first time poster here. So, this is my little 9 hours of hairpulling concept. I'm quite new to everything that has to do with rendering and making a more complete illustration.

So this is Maximilian, a male boy who's 16 years old, who lives in wealth and strives to be the most androgenic he can be.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unless the viewer is lying on the floor, the feet usually won't be on the same level - I'd put the far foot higher to indicate perspective and show which way the arms are aligned spatially with shading and foreshortening. At the moment the whole character is very flat like an ancient Egyptian figure. Also - the pose says "Hip pain" to me - maybe find a more natural looking pose for this character.

Good proportions, and I like the limited colour palette on the costume.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much, Puck! When you said it I did like Cpt. Jean Luc Picard and facepalmed at the perspective issue. The pose was just a scribble at first and I got ahead of myself and just continued colouring and outlining. Oh well, gonna close the chapter on this one, it's just a concept anyway!

Thanks for the critique.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It does look like you gave her not one right foot but two of them. It seems that her biggest toe on her left foot is on the wrong side. Or is it just me?
    Or perhaps it's just the perspective that fools me, it looks wider than the other foot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I actually never defined the toes individually. I just blocked in the part where the toes begin with a fold and just shaded.. Never any thought there. But hey, maybe we can explain his bad posture with the fact that he might have two right feet? No one knows ;3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.