Newborn
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Newborn

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn

Hi all! It's my first time with everything here...
    Anyway, here's a bit cliché idea, a new tree growing in a dead forest. Everyone thought that there's no hope for a new life to be born in any form in that place, but nature tends to always find a way and prove humans wrong.

It's dirty and bleh, but well, it's just a sketch. I hope that this way of working *posting on a forum like this* will motivate me to finish this piece.

Tell me what you think, what to change, etc. (I know few things that I want to do with it, but usually I se some of them and mistakes *after* I post something, so maybe you'll be able to catch them before I do ) Thanks

(I had to post the link, the image itself wasn't showing on forum)

http://img3.imageshack.us/i/newbornsmall.jpg/

Newest wip: 3

Last edited by Silverene; July 5th, 2009 at 01:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hulloes, there! Well, first, as for the showing-problem - when loading stuff up to ImageShack it'll present a couple of different ways of linking to the picture. You'll want to figure out the direct link to your image - that address'll work within the IMG-tags on forums like these.

As for the picture, ooh, well, bit early to say much. Though, well, I'm thinking that the image might be a bit tall - I mean, that's a whole lot of space above the plant to fill out. The plant, on the other hand, I'd say is maybe a bit small? Not too much to do with two-three leaves on a just-out-of-the-ground stalk... heeh, depends on how you do it, of course! And then I get curious as to where the light is coming from - below the ground? And speaking of the ground - oh dear, got more talkative than I'd thought - I'm sure you'll be adding details in a while, but seems to me you're suggesting bare ground there. Just got a vision of dead brambles and thorns and fallen branches and... hah, well, you get the picture. Just thought I'd share. Cheerios!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for great tips!
    Yeah, it's imho better looking now with all the fallen branches and all, the bg is meant to be filled with trees.

As for the upload part, I've chosen the direct link, but it wasn't showing after selecting the [/img] mode. Anyway, here's the updated version. I might finish it quickier than I thought, it's a real fun. :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aah, looking neat. Odd the image thing isn't working - absolutely sure you grabbed the right link-address? Oh well, no matter, for now.

Just a quick note, composition-wise: them trees and branches to the left are really leading my eyes right to and out of the top of the picture. Think you better introduce some other element to lead the eyes back down towards the plant. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I know about these issues, both of these sketches/touch-ups took not more than 30mins. Here's a the newest version, it has more details and better defined foreground and background.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's another sketch - summoning of an ectoplasm. I wanted to add more shocked faces in the foreground, but I think that this version will strike more when properly finished.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.