Newborn: Counter Pandora's

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Newborn: Counter Pandora's

Lots of good stuffs in here. Here my take on the topic. Started some sketch and studies. I got a general idea of what I want to make but still need to figure out some details.
    Thanks for dropping by....

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by bWorx; July 5th, 2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update

Milestone 2, started rendering the walls on the background, and center image with some color studies. Not final though, I'll try to experiment on my color palate later. Now I'm of to figuring out what to put for the details on the wall, that will go along with the concept I'm trying to portray

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update

Minor updates. I now got the female like entity on the middle. She's a symbol of manifestation of the artist's attempt to counter Pandora's mistake. She's getting ready to go out into the world and spread positiveness. The top bit is still bare, I'm running out of idea and I'm feeling the pressure.
    I must finish this for my own good.

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have a question, is it about pandora's box or am i missing something? at first i thought he was inside pandora's box but i'm starting to think i had the wrong idea. nice painting & it's good progress you've made

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update

Apologies for the last post, it's supposed to be Milestone No. 3.

Thanks Miycko, glad you liked it. In a way you're right. Pandora released evil into the world, take that in reverse, the world was put inside the box with evil. The concept is somehow the same, only difference is "Hope" was left inside the box. And that's what I'm trying to portray; The attempt of the artist to make some changes through his power of creation.

Some update bellow. I think I'm also done with this.
    Though I'm not confident on the ambient color, some if you guys have some input, I'll see what I can do. I only got a few hours or so to finish this since this is the last week of the competition, and I can't focus on this much since I'm working on week days. I also want to give the female figure a pair of wings to strengthen the notion of positiveness that I'm trying to symbolize with her. What do you think? Any crits and comments are appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Final

At last, was able to finish a personal project. First time in years..

Title: Counter Pandora’s

Brief Description: Pandora, out of curiosity, accidentally released evil to the world, leaving hope inside the box. Artists of the new age have begun to realize their power and capability to shape the world. And so they utilize their skill and creative power, just among the things they can do best, to conjure positivity and release it to the world.
    In the artwork, the artist although corrupted by its malignant environment (symbolized by the chaotic abstract on the walls) summoned all his energy to make a difference through his art. Combined with pure will, focus and determination, his art materialized an entity bearing his motivation and purpose of creation. This entity symbolized by a female figure, one that was considered God-like during the early age, is getting ready to spread her wings and go out into the world and bring forth balance, counter evil and in turn, bring back hope (symbolized the Yin Yang gesture of her wings)

Here's the final Image.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.