Art: Magenta Moon

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Magenta Moon

Thanks

Unhappy Magenta Moon

Hi Steph here...A little scared, this being my first posted finished piece on this site. I am new here. Actually I've been trying really hard to work on my portfolio. I have been struggling with actually finishing my pieces and also not overworking them...I would love any feedback, advice you guys would be able to give me...as an artist I need to keep growing and there is always something new to improve on. Here is a lil description and background about this piece...

Magenta Moon is my newest piece featuring a beautiful(me thinks so 8 P) fae enchantress. This piece is done in Watercolor, Gouache and Artist Markers on 18"x24" Strathmore Watercolor paper. Ms. Moon is surrounded by swirls of stardust floating in the dark midnight sky. She gazes at you, casting her spell with her hypnotic stare. Her beautiful long lashed eyes are full of mystery and fairy mischief. Her beautiful wings and glowing skin are as bright as the moon she is named after!

Steph

Magenta Moon © Stephanie Moyer 2009

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hej Steph First thing - you would get more help if you will post in "critique center" not here... I'm always posting there first
    I've never have so much patience to paint something so complicated in traditional techniques... About your image - I like colors and dress (wings?) very much. I think you can make better contrast of her eyes... Also her left eye is a little crooked... If you can correct it and make them more contrasted they will look better because it's the most important part of the face as the mirror of the soul
    Her hair is a little too sharp... It doesn't look right with this black single hair in my opinion... Also her lips are too sharp and too flat - they don't have shadows and lights at all... Also upper lip should be darker... The place under the chin should be the darkest. Maybe you should read some book about making portraits or something?? I read a lot of them and it helped but I only know polish ones so I won't help you... :p But there are lots of free tutorials about it! Have you watched Hanagumori tutorial on youtube?? It's great...
    That's from me I hope I helped Cheers!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jameli For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.